What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

soilmixes?

Harry Gypsna

Dirty hippy Bastard
Veteran
Hi, im re-potting the next grow now ready to start vegging properly, going from cfl's to hps, but i have no perlite at the mo 2 mix in the new soil, is there anything else i can substitute for the time being?????

Harry Gypsna

Dirty hippy Bastard
Veteran
sorry, i should av beem more specific, what i mean is, i got no money this week to buy some, so is there anything i can use, cheaper than perlite and vermiculite, lol

Crazy Composer

Medicine Planter
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Small rocks. I hear they even float if they're small enough. hehehe. Look, she has got a wart!

Really, small stone, like crushed gravel works for what you're saying.
cc

B

baccas125

soil conditioners

soil conditioners

you could also try packing peanuts to at to soil.

I use them at the bottom of my orchid pots. the little stirerfoam peanuts that is used in shipping. good luck

baccas:abduct: :alien: :alien: :alien:

Capt. Crip

Strain Seeker/Mirage Reading Master
Veteran
yes as CC stated above

yes as CC stated above

Small rocks and/or pebbles.Like what is used in driveways.Just makes sure and boil them in water if you bring them in from outside to use in an indoor garden.Although you can't see them,there ARE bugs on anything brought in from outdoors.You would hate to bring something like spider-mi9tes or aphids or any other harmful critters.So use caution.Take care.................CC

Harry Gypsna

Dirty hippy Bastard
Veteran
Thank u ppl, my uncle has sum tiny gravel which he used on his path in the back garden, there is some left, i did think about that, but wanted to hear sum opinions 1st, tiny gravvely bits it is, lol pre-boiled 1st, of course.

Pactivist

could try this

could try this

Not that I have ever tried this myself but my neighbor shreds styrofoam, and mixes it in with her potting soil for all of her plants (non-cannabis) indoors and out. she seems to have some impressive results. if nothing else were available i would try this myself good luck, pacT.

Harry Gypsna

Dirty hippy Bastard
Veteran
^^^^^, thats another good 1, coulod do that too, ive got shitloads of styrofoam as u call it, we call it polystyrene in uk, but i knew what u meant

Latest posts

Latest posts