What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Soil Mix for a 1-Gallon Pot: From Seedling to Harvest

Old Uncle Ben

Defoliating has it's purposes and some plants actually produce better quality flower when doing so.
Some strains like GG4 and many of the Kushes , benefit from agressively defoliating before flowering. The response is the proof that defoliating being bad is a myth among growers. I fact I have ran my own tests on this theory and some genetics benefit from it and others do not. Know your plants and thier repsonses to such things. Some tradtional growers in less civillized regions smash thier plants into the ground at a certain age which results in a massive spread out plant and all those mashed down branches grow thier own root systems. So defoliating and training of plants to increase or improve flower quality has it's benefits but maybe it depends on the genetics at play.

Knock yourself out. Even with Deep Chunk, one of da kushes, homey don't defoliate. To each their own.

Deep Chunk male Jan 17.jpg

,,,,nor Maui Wowie....

Maui Wowie Jan 19.jpg

...nor Cannacopia Lapis Mtn. indica.

Cann Lapiz Mtn Feb18#3.jpg

Last edited:

Old Uncle Ben

well, I know from the various threads you post in that you have a method that you believe is superior to all others......

Bullshit. I teach botany and share my methods and back it up with pix and links. Got a problem with that rational approach?

Checked out your pix. You have a lot of yellowing going on. No wonder you defoliate.

You described in infinite detail your method of growing which reeks of testosterone chest beating.......

UB

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest posts