What's new

(SoCa)If I grow Acapulco Gold outdoors right now, would it get kicked out of flower?

RenaissanceBrah

I want to sprout some landrace Acapulco Gold seeds I have here in southern california, outdoors.

If I transplant them outside in February, will I be able to harvest them around May...

or since the days start getting longer (13.5 hrs daylight in May), would it get kicked out of flower and start re-vegging in May?

The AG I have is 12-16 week flower time.

(Also, Here in socal nights get down to near freezing, but for the most part its around 45-55F at night, and 70F during the day. Doesn't rain much, maybe a bit in March, April.)

brickweeder

Im guessing they would start to reveg around mid-april.

If they would be harvested in Acapulco at the end of Nov under normal seasons in its home area, then with 12W flowering time, they would probably start flowering at the end of Aug when daylight is near 12.5h.

So if ~12.5h daylight is the flip point, that will be hit in early april in say San Diego. Add a couple weeks for reveg to show and that would put you at mid april.

I think your bud dev will be slow due to the low temps but it should work out...maybe put them out in mid Jan?

Last edited:

RenaissanceBrah

Im guessing they would start to reveg around mid-april.

If they would be harvested in Acapulco at the end of Nov under normal seasons in its home area, then with 12W flowering time, they would probably start flowering at the end of Aug when daylight is near 12.5h.

So if ~12.5h daylight is the flip point, that will be hit in early april in say San Diego. Add a couple weeks for reveg to show and that would put you at mid april.

I think your bud dev will be slow due to the low temps but it should work out...maybe put them out in mid Jan?

I'd be cutting it too close, no? I still haven't sprouted any of them.

Think I'd be better off just popping some autoflowers, and run the AG come summertime?

brickweeder

RenaissanceBrah;9098450...Think I'd be better off just popping some autoflowers said:
Yes, autos for now. Or maybe some 8 week hybrids. Save the AG for summer when you'll get more vigorous veg growth and can extend the season in case you happen across a longer flowering individual.

Last edited:

Zero Hedge

Veteran
I live in Southern AZ.
I usually try to harvest by beginning of May. Any later and there's too much light. I've done double harvests where I harvest top buds in may, let it re-veg in the ground, then again in Nov/Dec. Very doable. Also, ifyou get it in the ground in April, even late March, you'll have a beast by Dec.

grayeyes

If you want an earlier harvest then do the 12/12 thing early. Plant in pots you can bring in and find a place in the house or garage where they will get no light for 12 hours a day. Takes anywhere from 6 days to 10 days to turn but they will show you male or female in that time. Towards the end of their flowering you won't have to bring them in.

ahortator

Veteran
These seeds I got from Mass Medical Strains, he gives out preservation AG sometimes as a freebie when buying his strains.

That's great! That one is the same as Bodhi/Nierika from Greywolf via liquid Kid!

I am currently growing the same but from Bodhi/Nierika second generation. I'm looking for a male to make seeds as past year all the seeds I germinated were female.

RenaissanceBrah

That's great! That one is the same as Bodhi/Nierika from Greywolf via liquid Kid!

I am currently growing the same but from Bodhi/Nierika second generation. I'm looking for a male to make seeds as past year all the seeds I germinated were female.

Nice, all female plants is a good problem to have :)

I'm curious, do you know how the Bodhi/Nierika version of AG compares to other version, in terms of effect? (Compared to other breeders like Snowhigh, etc)

ahortator

Veteran
Nice, all female plants is a good problem to have :)

I'm curious, do you know how the Bodhi/Nierika version of AG compares to other version, in terms of effect? (Compared to other breeders like Snowhigh, etc)

Hi. All female plants is a great problem for me. No males no seeds. Our ancestors used males, and like them I stick to the old way 😁

I cannot compare Bodhi/Nierika or Liquid Kid AG with other versions in terms of effect because it is the only AG I have ever grown and smoked. Most people use to complain of lack of potency, but it is not my case. I think it is good. It is not the most powerful weed of the world. But I must be lucky because I think they are pretty decent. I grow outdoors at 36ºN.

Barney's Farm and other versions from other seed banks with the Acapulco Gold name are fake ones. If they aren't 100% NLD/sativa they are not AG.

Luckily Mass Medical Strains' AG is straight from Bodhi/Nierika, which at least seems completely NLD.

Greetings and good luck 😉

Latest posts

Latest posts