What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Sobergrower Grows Again - Gorilla Glue Seed - PPK - Mars Hydro

negative37dBA

Veteran
Generally speaking people keep it higher in veg then lower in flower. I myself live in the desert and my RH is like 15. I have grown some fine, fine herb not giving a rat shit about humidity. Now that said keeping it closer to what is the suggested "norm" might yield better results.
A lot of people suggest around 60% in veg and start of flower. Most people say stay below 50 into flower...general guidelines at best.
Have great day all.
Peace, negative.
By the way these look sooo much different than my 2 gg4 clones I have going. They are so bushy and just dont have the purple petioles. I mean I see a slight color but not what I normally see. Excited to see the finished product.

Last edited:

delta9nxs

No Jive Productions
Veteran
back to the plants! they look great! i run rh between 60-75% in veg and flower up to the end of stretch. when flowers get up to about 2 centimeters or the size of a nickel i try to stay around 55% +/- 5% for the duration to prevent mold or rot.

but the real secret is lots of airflow. every leaf on every plant should show some slight movement.

Last edited:

Sobergrower

DHF and D9. I appreciate the feedback. I have the utmost respect for both of you! I have spent hours reading information you have shared in the early PPK threads. They say the written word only conveys about 10% of the intended meaning and sometimes can be misinterpreted. My response was intended to gain knowledge from those that I respect.

Since the original post on the subject and DHF’s response, I did allow the RH to fluctuate up into the mid 60 range and am happy with the results.

As always, thank you for checking in on my progress and providing helpful feedback. I have thick skin and am here to learn so don’t pull punches.

Peace……SG

Sobergrower

Sober or not, sometimes I can be very absent minded about shit. Yesterday I mixed up some nutrients and recycled the lower reservoir to check PH and PPM. I have a second pump in one of the reservoirs that transfers nutrients from one reservoir to the other on every feed cycle (every 90 minutes). I also use the tube to pull samples and cycle the nutrients.

Well I failed to place the tube back in the reservoir last night. So every time the feed cycle fires I was dumping nutrients into the bottom of the tent. So today I came home and checked on the girls only to see several inches of water in the holding liner.

Some things to learn from

Never rush when you are dealing with your plants. It is ok to spend time with them and they actually enjoy the company.

Keep your electrical shut of the ground and above water line ⛈. Electricity and water not good. Fortunately I had addressed this when setting up the tent in the first place.

Expect the unexpected not much to say on this one.

Keep it simple or use a checklist. Damn I feel lucky.

image.jpg

Sobergrower

It has been a few days since I posted. I took pictures a few days back and never got around to posting them. I took some more today. So this post is a snapshot over several days without having to wait. Your welcome for the time machine effect. 😂

These are from Sunday September 18

CACD93BF-093F-4FC9-B00D-4784AC4D20CC.jpeg

DB670CC5-397D-4C7A-A2BE-95B935C25C56.jpeg

96DA8C53-8222-414D-81C7-65A83B38F8AF.jpeg

And these are from today

89143ABD-C798-42A0-811A-9B7AFD2C6B9F.jpeg

F227B1E0-71E9-41B7-B3ED-0F6A5976C761.jpeg

9C4E9FC4-EAC6-4953-AFC9-2D48602CCDF9.jpeg

The golf balls are starting to form and looking good!

Peace……SG

Sobergrower

It is day 29 since the flip so almost halfway through! Aside from the mishaps with overflowing reservoirs and broken ph meters, I am overall pleased with how this grow has gone. I am so far happy with the output and production from the @Mars Hydro Led FCE-4800. Thanks again guys!

PH reading were spot on the lower reservoir at 6.18. PPM is holding at 1350. I mixed up another 8 gallons today at 6.2 and 850 respectively. Temps are between 63 and 68f and humidity holding in the mid 50s.

Now the waiting game begins. It is that part of the grow that is a daily grind, trying not to screw anything up, and waiting for the girls to finish.

Hope you are all well!

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Sobergrower

Today is day 35 from flipping to flower.

image.jpg

image.jpg

The PH and PPM in the sub irrigation system is running at 6.1 and 1700 respectively.

My add back mixture I adjusted to 6.3 and 850 (total including the 110 base Ppm from the tap)

The frost is starting to really show up on the buds and associated fan leaves.

image.jpg

image.jpg

I am pretty happy with how this grow is going.

Peace……SG

delta9nxs

No Jive Productions
Veteran
looking really nice! you might consider keeping the total ppm at or below about 1250 ppm or ec 2.5.

i generally let the volume res run all the way out before mixing a new load.

if you adjust your input ph to about 5.6 you will see it climb more slowly. you can play around with the input and get it nearly balanced in the recirculating part.

the day after a 5.6 ph input it will be sitting at around 5.8 depending on your water source. i will let it slowly climb to around 6.3 before taking action like adding a little ph down. if you find it is consistently running over 6.4 and resisting correction you should do a complete changeout.

this rarely happens during a grow with the ppk but it does once in a great while when running a large number of plants perpetually.

again, very nice grow! thank you for trying the ppk!

• Love
Reactions: Gry

Sobergrower

looking really nice! you might consider keeping the total ppm at or below about 1250 ppm or ec 2.5.

i generally let the volume res run all the way out before mixing a new load.

if you adjust your input ph to about 5.6 you will see it climb more slowly. you can play around with the input and get it nearly balanced in the recirculating part.

the day after a 5.6 ph input it will be sitting at around 5.8 depending on your water source. i will let it slowly climb to around 6.3 before taking action like adding a little ph down. if you find it is consistently running over 6.4 and resisting correction you should do a complete changeout.

this rarely happens during a grow with the ppk but it does once in a great while when running a large number of plants perpetually.

again, very nice grow! thank you for trying the ppk!
Thank you D9! As always, I appreciate your feedback and willingness to provide continuous feedback!

The sub irrigation is holding at 6.1 and very stable. If I am not seeing burnt tips or other signs of over fertilization is it still your recommendation to force a reduction in total ppm? I suspect the concern may be related to root damage or something else that matters to the overall success Over the next several weeks. I am interested to learn from your experience and also want to understand why.

Peace….SG

delta9nxs

No Jive Productions
Veteran
well, i usually start seeing a little tip burn around 1300-1350 ppm at the .5 conversion. you are showing the beginnings of a little tip burn right now in most of the above photos.

tip burn can actually be caused by other factors such as low rh but usually, it's a little bit of over-fertilization.

in this system, at least, nutrient strength will be drawn sharply downward during veg, and then around week 2.5 in flower, the nutrient solution changes character somewhat in that begins accumulating nutrients at the same input strength.

this is a clear demonstration of the plants' ability to selectively uptake nutrients and that it has switched to an uptake profile more suited for flowering.

so, in response, i try to adjust nutrient input strength to the point where it too, like the ph, is running in a stable fashion.

i would change out the solution at this point.

DunHav`nFun

Top shelf coachin as always D9......Respect......SG , you`re lookin good with explosive growth through stretch and proper stackin @ the end of week 5 , but I would encourage you to remove every large fan with a stem to allow proper airflow through the plants while also promoting as much light penetration as possible to the lower extremities to prevent as much flarfy bullshit by end of cycle......and....

There looks to be an abundance of unnecessary foliage on said plants and with the ppms you`re at , after the removal of everything with a petiole / stem taken off most likely you`ll still see foliage poppin right back out so keep pluckin as they pop out and I`m sure D9 will second this suggestion......and.....

Keep strokin and don`t sweat the hiccups......errrrbody`s flooded a grow area once or twice in the trials and tribulations with our lil hobby dontcha know......so.....Take care , good luck , and.....

Peace.......DHF.........

Sobergrower

Thank you DHF! I was afraid to pluck the leaves. Every grow I go a bit further with the defoliation. It is always good to get feedback from people I trust! I did spend some time today removing long stemmed fan leaves. It sure is sticky in there. I also removed some of the undergrowth (something else I need to do a better job of).

I will post some pictures in the next few days. Busy weekend.

Peace……SG

negative37dBA

Veteran
DLI is easy. Just a measurement of the light its getting in the time the light is on. If you have the light set at the same intensity DLI would be different depending on the light schedule. Higher at 20 hours, less at 12 hours with the same light setting
Think of it this way. PPFD is the light its getting right now, like per second. DLI is the amount of light it gets over the time when the light is on. Don't even need to use DLI if you don't understand it, just go with PPFD.
Peace, negative.

Sobergrower

So today is day 44 from flip to flower passing 6 weeks. Based on the recent inputs, I have demolished a ton of upper fan leaves and managed the PH and PPM in the reservoir. I have dropped the bulk res down to a true 3-2-1 formula to help reduce the rise in ppm in the sub irrigation.

My leaf remove techniques are a struggle and I did some damage in places. I never have been very patient and it got the best of me. I was smart enough to wear a long sleeve shirt as these bitches are getting sticky. Next run I will try to do a better job before the flip with removing runners and setting up better for top growth. Live and learn.

Hope you are all well and thank you again for the ongoing support and guidance.

image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

Sobergrower

Well folks, it is now day 49 from flip. It is turns of week 7. This grow has had its ups and downs. I gotta say that it has been my best grow to date. I learn more and more with each one.

Based on the pictures I am getting very close to the day when these girls get harvested. The trichomes are mostly cloudy with a few still clear and even fewer that are amber. The window is open. I would like to get a bit more bulk so I think I will be taking an extra day around the Halloween activities.

98477230-BBF3-40D4-99E9-56E90D041ABA.jpeg

A7B4E532-593E-465C-A47D-655A0FBB7014.jpeg

C03D516F-234F-4A24-B017-93D0EE1982A5.jpeg

7126E917-69EA-4B33-B496-F3D6445C733B.jpeg

45016E5C-DEF2-49F7-AE54-3C5071EFFBCD.jpeg

6BBBCD05-FB31-45FB-A158-79DDC42A1805.jpeg