GOT_BUD?

Weed is a gateway to gardening
ICMag Supporter
picture.php

:woohoo:

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
ROFL - Don't mock my chicken scratch. I couldn't find a smaller set of markers when I did those packs. It irritated me then, but pen wiped off. :joint:

There is gold in those Genetic Freaked packs. I sent out packs to 4 more people this week too, actually. :lurk:

dank.Frank

Americangrower

ROFL - Don't mock my chicken scratch. I couldn't find a smaller set of markers when I did those packs. It irritated me then, but pen wiped off. :joint:

There is gold in those Genetic Freaked packs. I sent out packs to 4 more people this week too, actually. :lurk:

dank.Frank

Would this be the same Snowman used by HammerHead is his FlashPoint? I just saw that Doobie D is growing some of them.

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
No - that is some Cookie FAM mess. The name keeps getting replayed. I didn't know it but Nspecta had a Snowman line since like '06.

It's what we ended up dubbing the male. It's a tradition I picked up from Chili_B. He names his stud males that get put into play. Arnold, was the Sour Bubble Bx2 male that made the original Digi outcross line, his Bluebubble. Sawtooth - was the name given to the Digi Bx1 male I selected. Snowman - was the name I gave the male that Genetic Freaked found in the GROM x Digi Bx1 "Sawtooth"

The male was called snowman because he was dude so "man" made sense - and he was covered in his own glandular trichs, thus the snow moniker.

These names don't refer to any seed lines, - just the males. It's why the GG4 x GROM/Digi Bx1 = Snow Monkey.

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=257736

picture.php

True stud.

dank.Frank

Americangrower

No - that is some Cookie FAM mess. The name keeps getting replayed. I didn't know it but Nspecta had a Snowman line since like '06.

It's what we ended up dubbing the male. It's a tradition I picked up from Chili_B. He names his stud males that get put into play. Arnold, was the Sour Bubble Bx2 male that made the original Digi outcross line, his Bluebubble. Sawtooth - was the name given to the Digi Bx1 male I selected. Snowman - was the name I gave the male that Genetic Freaked found in the GROM x Digi Bx1 "Sawtooth"

The male was called snowman because he was dude so "man" made sense - and he was covered in his own glandular trichs, thus the snow moniker.

These names don't refer to any seed lines, - just the males. It's why the GG4 x GROM/Digi Bx1 = Snow Monkey.

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=257736

View Image

True stud.

dank.Frank

Oh that sucks I was hoping it was your male crossed to bio-diesel because that would be a killa cross. Oh well.

nickman

One trait that I’ve noticed in ALL my Snowman crosses that I’ve grown is that he does pass on his glandular trich’s...!!!...

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Yes. Potential resin bombs to be found in the line. Loving the sound of your lime sssdh x pheno, nickman.

dank.Frank

GOT_BUD?

ICMag Supporter
Forgot to update that at ~12 hours in the water, they sank.

So now they are in wet paper towels in baggies trying to grow tails.

GOT_BUD?

ICMag Supporter
5 for 5 SSSDH x Snowman have cracked, tails emerged, and were placed into seedling starter mix over the last 24 hours.

2 of the OGx x Snowman have also pooped tails and are in their new homes. The remaining 3 haven't cracked yet.

genetic freaked

NICE GOT BUD!!!! Really looking forward to following along with your grow..
Im very happy more people are growing these out..

I should be up and running soon so I won't be far behind you with my Snowman Xs

nickman

Good news GOT BUD. I ended up with 5 SSSDH AND 3 OGx ...

I think ur gonna like these. The two that are flowering that are at 8 and a half weeks are really nice looking and SMELLING....

LIME,LIME LIME FUNK to the max....!!!...

SSSDH x Snowman #1

Hope you don’t mind BUDdy...

GOT_BUD?

ICMag Supporter
Fuck no I don't mind.

Bomb the hell out of this place with photos. :biggrin:

Last night I peeked in and saw 3 SSSDH's above soil. :woohoo:

Lights turn on in the big room at 6 (and tent), so I'll take a look then and see if anymore have survived my germination methods.

I'm getting nervous about the remaining OGx x Snowman seeds not popping and not being able to fill out the big room. So I dug deep into the stash and threw 5 THSeeds Sage N Sour into water. That's one of those strains I've always heard about but never got to sample. So hopefully I get a decent representation of what it's all about.

Having said that, I don't have high hopes for these because most of my seed stock is 14 years old. But I've gotten others to germinate, so we will see.

ETA - Apparently age is a virtue, because not only did all 5 sink in less than 12 hours (I dropped them in this morning, I shit you not), they had tails. So into the soil that was meant for the OGx seeds. Those appear to have not made it. One is struggling to get above soil, the other one was still born. Poked out a tail and said "No mas".

1 of the SSSDH also did not make it, but 4 did, are above soil, and 3 are showing their first true leaves.

Last edited:

GOT_BUD?

ICMag Supporter
All 4 SSSDH are showing first true leaves now. And the single OGx has made it above soil. She needed a bit of help stripping off the hull and membrane, but I think she's gonna survive.

After seeing those tails after 12 hours, I was half expecting to see little plants in the Sage n Sour cups. But nothing above soil after 24 hours.

I'm still amazed I had tails after 12 hours on 14 year old seeds.

Greatdalas

All 4 SSSDH are showing first true leaves now. And the single OGx has made it above soil. She needed a bit of help stripping off the hull and membrane, but I think she's gonna survive.

After seeing those tails after 12 hours, I was half expecting to see little plants in the Sage n Sour cups. But nothing above soil after 24 hours.

I'm still amazed I had tails after 12 hours on 14 year old seeds.

Hy, this sssdh are of real gorilla or other

Mr. J

That's what always happens to me with really old seeds. They sink, sometimes they crack and pop a little tail, I get excited, and then nothing.

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Try a light sugar water kick. 1 tsp dissolved in 1 cup of distilled water, then cooled and used as the water to hydrate the seed in the soil. I've not tried this yet, but I should have. It's one of the easiest things to do. Next older seeds will get a light sugar treatment once they kick a tail

FWIW - those seeds that GF made are about 4-5 years old at best. Results aside, historical accuracy. ;)

dank.Frank

Mr. J

Try a light sugar water kick. 1 tsp dissolved in 1 cup of distilled water, then cooled and used as the water to hydrate the seed in the soil. I've not tried this yet, but I should have. It's one of the easiest things to do. Next older seeds will get a light sugar treatment once they kick a tail

FWIW - those seeds that GF made are about 4-5 years old at best. Results aside, historical accuracy.

dank.Frank
I actually tried the sugar thing. Disinfected the seeds with peroxide, sugar water, b1, some in paper towels, some staight into substrate (promix, coco, rockwool) and nothing seemed to help. The sugar treatment seemed to only make the seeds rot faster I think.

There has to be a way to save the genetics in really old seeds. Maybe a tissue culture technique? I don't know. I still have some really old seeds I haven't tried yet. I think I'm going to throw them straight into the worm bin because everything seems to germinate in there.