What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Smoking Leaves

xet

The past few years I have seen, here and there, old heads talk about smoking their leaves mid-summer.

They didn't specify whether the plant was flowering or whether it was a sugar leaf or any of it and that got me thinking.

I let a handful of leaves toast into a crisp in the sun on an outdoor plant that was not yet preflower but was plenty greasy on the leaves and stem.

You know what, that bowl got me so not low. I was lifted like a magnet that would not mash down to the metal plate underneath it. I was not 100,000 feet up like a dab but I was at least a half inch up and I was not coming down for about 2 hours. I was connected to my true inner being and it was a brand new day that evening. After my shower I felt like I just left a tropical rainforest waterfall and had the essence of life show me a whole new way. It was so light and clear and uplifting and deep. Who would have thought?

Anyone else tried this? Suddenly I am a believer.

goingrey

Surely everyone has done it.

Rough on the throat and lungs. And leaves a bad smell in the room.

I don't recommend it.

What I recommend instead is to throw those leaves on the frying pan with your food and it will feed your belly and your head.

xet

lol. Me love full belly.

From the perspective of getting a lead on which plant has what effect and potency it seemed novel enough for me to try.

Chi13

ICMag Donor
I am old enough to remember buying bags of leaf, same as you would buds. Depending on the quality of the plant it will absolutely get you high. You just needed more of it. Sometimes the highs would be more lethargic, but sometimes similar to smoking buds.

My first edible experience, age 18, was a fruit cake a friend made. We had no idea what to do, but he basically just mixed the leaf (about an ounce) with butter and baked it into the cake (leaf and all). We got blasted for hours, just like we were smoking prime bud. I was amazed at the time.

I am talking of fan leaves basically as these were often taken well before final harvest. I even knew of people who would strip a plant as it grew and sell the leaf.

Cakeboy

Feeding the Roos
ICMag Donor
living around Mullumbimby circa 92-94 most of the year the only weed I could get was what I was growing and the leaves and small tips would always get me through the dry periods....it seemed that every plant i grew... the leaves and tips got me lifted.....(though some were stronger than others.....wouldn't be as effective with my smoking daily tolerance now I don't think, but maybe it was that those sats that were everywhere then....and many were strong...
the tips seem to have a little more concentration than the leaf....but I also remember bags of leaf for sale....and haha, the associated hacking cough when you smoked too much of it

an option to check potency for sure if your usage levels aren't too stoopid, males too I spose

"so not low" haha

xet

he smoked the fan leaves and was astounded by the intensity and quality of the high. He smoked fan leaves of a Burmese plant that he thought was good, but did not want to post about it because he thought no one would believe him. He said Nanan-Bouclou leaves were the strongest leaves he had ever smoked, and on par with really good bud.

Lebanizer

I've always done it, it's a good way to pre-evaulate potency and also to pick a good male. Fan leaves or the apex when I need to top a plant for whatever reasons. I do it a lot when I grow Himalayan plants to keep their smashing vigour under control . And yeah it's cool when you feel like a little toke in summer.

Tokin

I used to smoke leaf, used to buy an ounce of leaf for $25 back in the 1990's and that would keep me going, had to have 3 cones at a time to get high.
Back in the 1970's my best friends dad grew a little and we would raid his leaf stash a lot. Otherwise it was $10 a bag in town. Most of the 1990's were spent smoking moldy shit weed. By 03/04 the good Blueberry was flowing in from Canada at $400/oz and by 05 i had quit smoking cigarettes so i could afford that $400/oz shit lol. Ive come a long way in the last 20 years...

Creeperpark

Mentor
Veteran
There's a big difference between fan leaves and growing shoots. Smoking growing shoots can be very potent. Back in the day I would get rid of my leaf and smoke the shoots during Summer. Get stone as hell. Today I feel a little set back when I throw a bunch of leaves in the compost pile. I don't smoke shoots anymore but would if I couldn't get any buds. The shoot potency declines right before bud set. 😎

Three Berries

We use to do knife nasals with Illinois ditch weed back in the day. Didn't know about flowers other that it made seeds.