What's new

Smart Switch Drip Irrigation issues

kingape

Hi!

So I have tried multiple brands of smart switches and would appreciate if any of you could help me with the below issue
  1. What to do in case smart switch malfunctions due to cloud issues at manufacturers end?
  2. My smart switch stays in the state it was if the WiFi goes down, which is good if the switch is off, but if its on and the wifi goes, it will lead to a potential flooding situation.
Any help?

growshopfrank

Veteran
Agree!
But got to do what you can with what you can, do you of any better smart switch?

Is there any compelling reason that you can not use a regular digital timer for irrigation?
If you can not regularly monitor your garden reliability trumps ease of use JS.

f-e

Mentor
Veteran
Secondary system perhaps. Something that monitors for error (such as high water or flooding) and kills the power to any supply pump/valve(that you might need to add)

We are talking flood alarms at £10 with there sounder wires sent to £3 optocouplers that offer 30 amp relay outputs that can kill power(or provide it)

This could be nifty https://www.ebay.com/p/2201325441?iid=173606634325
It's true job is to monitor for water in a non contact manner. It has two sensors. It's use is to fill a tank when it's low. To fill it, from the low sensor, to the top sensor. The relay used is the change-over type. You could configure this to cut the pump in a flood situation, and then connect it again when the flood has cleared. Two defined levels, so it's not prone to rippling water making it click away.

It could be cheaper.. it's just the first link I found

Latest posts

Latest posts