What's new

Smart outlets

bs0

Anyone use a smart outlet for your water timing? I was hoping to find one with both remote activation and fine grained on/off functionality (I. E. On for 30sec @ 9am, noon, 3pm, 6pm, or whatever).

There's a ton of options and since I will use to run pumps the max current should be 12a+. Any ideas? They are fairly inexpensive so I'll prob buy a few to experiment if nobody has any idea.

Creeperpark

Mentor
Veteran
Anyone use a smart outlet for your water timing? I was hoping to find one with both remote activation and fine grained on/off functionality (I. E. On for 30sec @ 9am, noon, 3pm, 6pm, or whatever).

There's a ton of options and since I will use to run pumps the max current should be 12a+. Any ideas? They are fairly inexpensive so I'll prob buy a few to experiment if nobody has any idea.
That is an excellent question bsO. When you start your experimenting please keep us posted. Someone may pipe in and have some info about this topic.

bs0

First try was Kasa mini smart plug lite - seems to have unlimited triggers that can be set to repeat each day, only downside is minimum on time is 1 minute.

I'd been using 30s on-time for my coco plants, but I bet a flow limiter in the irrigation fixture could get that easily to do same flow for 1 min.

Looking real positive, these silly plugs are only like $4 each. They have leds on them (boo) so you gotta cover that up but I think these will do the trick.

Latest posts

Latest posts