What's new

Smart Fortress 2012 Malware

PoopyTeaBags

State Liscensed Care Giver/Patient, Assistant Trai
Veteran
spy bot search and destroy it is free and is the one program i can count on to remove all malware even the ones that my PAID kaspersky doesnt find and fix.

Ah, yes - spy bot. I forgot about that one, I used it yrs back. Mental note - get it again.

Finally downloaded malbyteware remover - worked great.

Thanks PTB

S

SeaMaiden

Damn - kid picked this up today on family pc.

What a pain in the ass.

Anyone else get it yet?
Nope, and likely never will. Linux family here. Try the latest Ubuntu, 12.04. Burn a LiveCD of it and use that for emailing and any internet activities. Nothing will be saved or bookmarked because it's going off the CD and nothing is written to the CD or the drive that way.

Then, if you like the OS (I'm finding it's screamingly easy to use, but then, I have been using Linux for years now, but still try it! It's becoming a lot like Windows, or actually, Windows is becoming a lot like Linux) you can install it.

You can do it two ways, you can completely wipe the drive and do a clean full install, or you can partition the drive. If you decide to partition (and Ubuntu 12.04 already has a free partitioning package, I think it's called GPartition), then I suggest setting up THREE drives--the Linux, the Windows, and a shared. If you do it this way you have to be sure the shared drive can be read by the Windows drive, or it won't really be 'shareable'.

Stupid easy, and the kids should be learning how to use Linux by now anyway.

Oh yeah, and damn near everything, from the OS itself to tertiary software, being opensource, is FREE!!!! No more being married to fucking Windows and paying for software and programs! Whoop whoop whoopee!!!!

Ah, yes - ubuntu. I used that few yrs back at a job where the windoze was locked down - no internet. Popped cd in, rebooted - voila, full network and inet browsing.