What's new

sliding glass door.

igotpron

k i got a quick stupid question, what ways would you recomend blocking the light that shines through the glass on a slidding mirrored door? its got a kreepy ass glow and my buddy does not like it.. was almost thinking of some 1/8 ply but i dont wana spend the money if we dont have to..

bluepitt

No man just put up some panda film. Its cheap, and will do the trick. All it is, is some white and black reflective plastic film. You can get it from any hydro shop or probably the home depot. If not that just hang a blanket of some like that over the door.

You can use the Tool sent from the Heavens. Duct tape! The thicker the Better. Or if you have some Gum laying around just jam it in the Light leaks. And tell your buddy, if he don't like it he can't smoke it. CardBoard or Foam Board will also work.

~GB~

igotpron

yeah the leaks are covered but the door just lets light through so when the rooms dark theres this ornge glow comin from the mirror.. me thinks i could go to down with duct tape this seems to be a very good idea.
thanks you guys rok

I.M. Boggled

Certified Bloomin' Idiot
Veteran
You can use the Tool sent from the Heavens. Duct tape!
"Duct tape is like the force:
It has a dark side and a light side and it holds the universe together."

:)

:D

Last edited:

tragic1

I would goto Home DE Pot and get some 4mil Plastic sheeting, which is about the same as panda film and they have these zippers you can attach to create a door.

G

3M makes a product that you can cut to size for your door. It is like window tinitng. One side is opaque and one side has an adhesive. You can find it in the staes at most window stores or I think I have even seen it at The Home Despot.

ChaoticEntity

you'll find it'll take 2 layers of duct tape to make it completely light tight. Panda works the best it's a white plastic on one side and black on the other, face the black to the door, if you cant find that I suggest getting some 4mil x 6ft black poly from home de pot, ask them for it and they'll show you, cost is about 25$

Verite

My little pony.. my little pony
Veteran
If your buddy is wigged by the creepy ass glow you could get him one of these.

Automatic_Night_Light.jpg

blackfin

"I would goto Home DE Pot and get some 4mil Plastic sheeting, which is about the same as panda film and they have these zippers you can attach to create a door."

hey Tragic1, what section did you find those zippers in i've found them on-line but i know we can find them cheaper i have a home depot across the bridge and that would be great if i could get them there... i've also seen them on canadian tire's web site but when i asked an attendant they said they didn't have them

and igopron black and white poly is the way to go just put the black side up aginst the back of the mirror... as an added bonus you'll have light being reflected back to the plants... since most mirror doors are brown on the back or go with the black poly either will work

later,
bf

Last edited:

Cheeba

I was never able to find Panda film at home depot. I had to get it from the NGW site which sells em by the roll (10 x 100ft). This and duct tape go hand in hand :)

Tarpline Tarp Zip-Up
Canadian Link eh

Latest posts

Latest posts