What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Skunk Red Hair

nite

if its the real deal, its also called Skunk #2. Made by Sam.
have always been intrigued about this one, never seen pictures or reports about it. the descrirtion used to say "the plant that made indoor growing possible, and in the right conditions even better outdoor"
HGF used to offer this one up until recently.
DAVESNOTHERE grew it in his skunk shootout a few years back, but I don't think he ever posted the results.
DAVE ARE YOU THERE? :chin:

I don't think red hair is the same as skunk #2.....skunk#2 is supposed to be the roadkill.

I think i grew red hair, or at least a red hair pheno. It was out of the freebies from Sam. Grew huge, yielded huge, sweet skunk smell, peppery when squeezed, mild skunk high....not bad, but have grown a bunch better from bagseed. No knock to Sam, as this is a sick breeder.

thinman

back in the 70's and early 80's red hair skunk was making its rounds as a commercial strain. the quality was good compared to mexican weed. for a long time any bud with red hairs was considered superior smoke, regardless of what it actually was.

adron, if you grow some please report on it. i bet there would be lots of interest in it. it may not be as potent as some of today's super strains, but i recall it had a very nice flavor and good stone.

i got skunkXredhair as a freebie from nirvana ( somebody LOVES ME !~!~) ... i haven't tried it yet though

here is some pure power plant that i got that had quite a few red hairs...
7809PPP_finished.jpg

i can't wait to see how red the skunk is compare to that.
i love colour in my buds, red, purple, pink, or just the yellow lime green.

Cuzin_Dave

Grew Skunk Red Hair back in the 1980's and it was just dandy. Nice plants and a pretty damn good high. Probably as good as or better than many others I have grown.
Im partial to a lot of the Grimm's gear, but Skunk Red Hair will always have a special place in my heart. Grow it right and it is damn fine smoke.

adron

Wow awesome thanks a lot guys.

Seeds came in the mail today.

Too bad they aren't mine and I'll have to throw them away ;)

I will definitely report back though.

P

pSi007

i grew those Skunk#1 freebees from nirvana a while back, i like it.

its a sativa, not the greatest but it will bring some of you back to 1975 colombian. I lie smoking it in the morning before work and before my shower. it will linger on for a while and let you feel like a solid human without the overwhelming effect of the, "fck off", indicas.

those, fck off indicas hurt me if i smoke before work and school. and, it sure beat a cig, let me tell you that. :)

adron

Wasn't around in 75 but uh, sometimes I wish I were.

But it sounds like this is a great strain to get started with. I'm looking forward to harvest time.

Again, thanks everyone :D

Cuzin_Dave

Adron, Skunk Red Hair is a nice strain to run. Always look forward to running this strain. I make my own beans from Grimm White Widow, Grimm Sugar Blossoms and Grimm Rosetta Stone as a rule. They work just fine. Skunk Red Hair crosses really well with other lines if you need to make beans for yourself. The slower to mature phenos make for the stoniest weed with Skunk Red Hair. This girl should give you some very nice weed.

adron

Cuzin_Dave said:
Adron, Skunk Red Hair is a nice strain to run. Always look forward to running this strain. I make my own beans from Grimm White Widow, Grimm Sugar Blossoms and Grimm Rosetta Stone as a rule. They work just fine. Skunk Red Hair crosses really well with other lines if you need to make beans for yourself. The slower to mature phenos make for the stoniest weed with Skunk Red Hair. This girl should give you some very nice weed.
That's what I like to hear man. Thanks!!

Latest posts

Latest posts