What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Skunk Odors

PDX Dopesmoker

I was driving through the countryside and I smelled a smell that made me look around to see where the pot plants were. Quarter mile later it stopped smelling like pot plants as I got closer to the black & white & red all over source of the stench laying dead next to the road. Too close to the animal it stopped smelling like pot plants. At a distance it smelled like a combo of diesel exhaust & BO, but at higher resolution the smell doesn't match up with any weed I've ever encountered. All of this reminded me that I feel skunk cabbage is much more of a weed smell than an actual skunk. When I used to live on the east coast a couple decades ago I'd get some stuff that smelled exactly like skunk cabbage, IIRC, it had more of a sour tang than the diesel bus exhaust/BO odor which Original Diesel/Daywrecker puts out.
Anyone else have any thoughts on the topic of skunky smells?

220px-WesternSkunkCabbage.JPG

P.S. If you can grow skunk cabbage it might be one of the best odor disguises available.

VonBudí

ヾ(⌐■_■)ノ
Veteran
" I got closer to the black & white & red "?

theres a moss that gives off a dank green, cabbage smell. never found the source because it was a boggy area but i use to walk through an area that had some.

St. Phatty

Anyone else have any thoughts on the topic of skunky smells?

I caught a skunk in a trap a month or 2 ago.

I put a clear tarp over it when I moved it. The skunk was firing away when I dragged the trap to the edge of the driveway.

Skunk spray is about exactly the same color as yellow printer ink.

Dog Star

Veteran
Maybe to implement those smell on homegrown buds to get famous Skunk #1 or RSK, ;) LOL

Ultra terpenes...

Dankwolf

Lol skunk cabbage is almost dead on skunk . i know some guys that grew rks skunk 10 or so years ago . i have tried bredding for a rks smell in the past 15 yeats my expeirence is the terping behind the rks profile does not carry over well or at all . its a hard smell to breed for. it would almost have to be a accident. I have found that certain organic ferts seem to help bring it out also the rks terping is influenced by spectrum/ light period as well . i am getting closer yet so far away still. Maybe some day .

Last edited:

MEMED

MEDICALKUSH1 is spammin, and lying to us good people saying what shes saying. What a terrible thing todo.