What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

SITZ Bath's-What say you?

Tudo

Troublemaker
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Have had more than a dozen flexible sigmoscopies 7 of which were for hemorrhoid bandings , 4 colonoscopies, and next to the last time they chopped out 14 inches of my intestines. Needless to say there's significant nerve damage and inflamation. Major. Someone suggests sitz baths but I don't see how it would do anything. What's your view here on the OLD ( er ) peoples section? Inquiring OLD mind woud like to know!
takeit.gif

OG_NoMan

Not Veteran
I have had 5 foot of my small intestine removed so far. Sounds like you need to be on meds of some sort for the inflammation and nerve damage. Personaly I am on remicade infusions for inflammation along with mercaptopurine and allopurinol. For the nerve damage I am on gabapentin taken daily and codeine taken as needed. Sidz baths can be helpful especially for hemorrhoids but what you're describing sounds a bit more serious and I wouldn't want to just rely on a sidz bath. Good luck

Tudo

Troublemaker
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I take gabarpentin a couple of times a day and percocets which is what started the problem in the first place ( pain management ) I have to inquire about some of the things you are taking for the inflammation as my inflammation is a major problem .

5 feet. Good G-d man.

OG_NoMan

Not Veteran
I wish you the best of luck as I know from experience how terrible all this is and can be. Don't assume someone has to be old for this to be an issue. My first crohns related surgery I was 30 and am 42 and disabled now. I know someone who all this started when they were 17. For crohns there is no cure just band aids and even when you can get into remission (which I am) the damage has been done.