What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

SIPing, SCROGing, Smoking and logging...organically of course

Bmac1

Veteran
Good day beautiful people. I generally tend to shut down over summer due to heat, vacations and just a break. Being unemployed for the first time in a long time has me with time on my hands so I figured I would do another run. I have been posting on IG but did want to keep active here as well as I am grateful to this community, the people, the knowledge etc.

So I had recently finished up a test run for Karma on the SourA5Haze and still had 2 cuts, the only 2 that rooted. After smoking more of this batch, I decided to let one of them go and have kept the other and am running it on my deck this summer in 7 gallon pot of my new mix.

The new mix is very similar to the previous one and I just wanted to have some soil. The compost is a new brand to me and I have used the ewc once before. The ewc is not my preferred brand but it was all I could find. It is a diverse mix with a base of compost/ewc and peat along with aeration in the form of pumice, biochar and the extra perlite in the pro mix hp. Then the amendments included neem, kelp, alfalfa, fish bone meal, crab shell meal, feather meal, granular humid acid, dry molasses, sul po mag, rock phosphate, basalt, azomite, glacial rock dust, calcium bentonite and I may even be forgetting some things.

This mix got a tea initially and then sat for about 6 weeks. The compost smelled a bit manure like at first but that did fade. The mix seemed a touch hot for some new cuttings but they settled in quickly as did the SourA5Haze on the deck.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Bmac1

Veteran
I still have my old mix that is about 2 years old now. It was reammended once and the soil from the Karma test run was added back along with all of the leaves. This was then all added to a 25 gallon tote that I made a SIP out of and wetted with a tea after I fired up my DIY airlift brewer.

picture.php

I then proceeded to place 2 plants in the SIP. An original glue in honor of Josey (RIP) and a citradelic sunset. The latter is a selection from Ethos and it is Mandarin Sunset x Ghost Train Haze.

picture.php

They didnt like the transplant all that much and took about a week to rebound. The cover crop of clover was also starting to come in as you see.

picture.php

Bmac1

Veteran
Then it was time for the SCROG. This is my second attempt at a Horizontal SCROG and the filling of the screen is certainly an art form. I also do not like this netting and will seek a better alternative next time.

picture.php

picture.php

5 days later

picture.php

picture.php

Bmac1

Veteran
Here we are 8 days after the last pic. At this point they got another tea. My first tea was just ewc and molasses but to this one had some added alfalfa and kelp. I had also done a foliar spray of protekt which I also drench once per week. The silica for the heat I will eventually be dealing with and to keep PM away. The stronger limbs do not hurt either. I had also flipped to 12/12 about this time.

picture.php

3 days later.

picture.php

This is from 3 days ago. I am letting them go at this point to avoid damaging them with these small screen holes. I have also started to trim the lowers.

picture.php

Bmac1

Veteran
Lowers

picture.php

The SourA5Haze on the deck is loving this new mix and the teas. She took about 3 days to perk up after transplant and has taken off. I have tied her down now and may still need to do some bending. Inside, these girls stretched into the 5th week so I cant have it growing over the roof of the apartment, lol.

picture.php

picture.php

May 29

picture.php

Bmac1

Veteran
Today is day 14 of 12/12 in the 5x5 and the ladies are in beast mode. I definitely need more work on my screen filling. I think I waited too long to flip here but it will surely be a screen of green, lol. The glue is on the right and the citradelic sunset on the left.

picture.php

picture.php

Glue

picture.php

Citradelic Sunset

picture.php

Bmac1

Veteran
I got a tea brewing today. My usual recipe is:

4 gals of water in 5 gal bucket
1.5 cups of EWC
1/3 cup of black strap molasses

To this I added:

1/4 cup of alfalfa

1/4 cup of kelp flour

2-3 tbsp fish hyrdrolysate

1tbs rock phosphate

I will let this go for about 36 hours using my airlift brewer.

I am also going to get a jumpstart on a tea for next week by grinding up and spreading some oatmeal onto the 1.5 cups of EWC to get a jump start on mycelium. I will let this sit in a warm spot until it gets nice and fuzzy before starting a new brew with it. This could take 1-5 days apparently. This will be my first attempt at a fungal tea for flower. It should be ready for just as stretch ends.

Bmac1

Veteran
For whatever reason, I have always had trouble cloning the original glue but have been having a much reduced success rate with clones overall over the past couple of years. I took 3 cuts of each of the citradelic sunset and the glue just hoping for 1 of each to keep as mothers. Well I have 2 of the citradelic and it is not looking like the glue is going to make it at all. I could take cuts from the plant now 2.5 weeks I to flower but I may lose the glue....again.

I am going to get a thermostat for my heat mat, a capillary mat and some rapid rooters. Maybe some new rooting hormone as well.

Cloning used to be such a set it and forget it process and I need to get back to that.

Need to get some beans popping too.

Bmac1

Veteran
SourA5Haze on the deck and really doing well at the moment. I cant really tie her down but am contemplating snapping some necks because I do need to try to keep this plant somewhat tame. Cant be having a 7 footer on an apartment patio, lol.

picture.php

picture.php

Had a look at the above tea today and it is pretty much void of any foam. I know that foam isnt the best indicator as to life in the tea but an observation nonetheless.

SourA5Haze on the deck and really doing well at the moment. I cant really tie her down but am contemplating snapping some necks because I do need to try to keep this plant somewhat tame. Cant be having a 7 footer on an apartment patio, lol.

View Image

View Image

Had a look at the above tea today and it is pretty much void of any foam. I know that foam isnt the best indicator as to life in the tea but an observation nonetheless.

Right? Got to at least have a 10 footer on the patio /flex :biggrin:

Bmac1

Veteran
Day 19 of 12/12 in the 5x5. I have the lowers cleaned up but will continue to pluck fans a bit where they are shading up top.
It's not the pretty SCROG I had imagined but it should serve the purpose. Next time I will use a screen with bigger squares and continue to shape for a week or so longer than I did this time.

The glue, on the right, has kind of overtaken the citradelic but they are looking good. Very evident orange Terps coming from the citradelic already. Cant wait to try her.

The SourA5Haze on the deck is getting beastly, lol. Keeping this botch from overtaking my deck will be an accomplishment.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php