What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Single Source Black Afghan from 3 Saints - Legal Hash Review

tobedetermined

Premium user
ICMag Donor
Genetics: Single Source Afghan Hash

Grower/Producer: Greentone Cannabis - Quebec

Overall: Very good but . . .

Bag Appeal: It’s a lump of very very gooey black hash. It came in the usual opaque plastic package so passing children won’t instantly grab it and put it in their mouth and have their heads explode . . . but I digress . . . sorry about that . . . and then it is in a parchment envelope that you have to scrape the last little bit off. That’s my glass jar in the photo . . . If you think it looks like goose shit, you are not alone.

3-Saints---afghan.jpg

Smell: Earth and charcoal
Taste: earthy
Potency: Tested THC @ 47.44%, CBD @ 0.08%
Total Terpenes: 2.642% Caryophyllene, Linalool, Terpineol
Duration: 8.5/10

It seems every couple of weeks now I notice a new cheap interesting hash or two pop up on my local dispos’ online menu and nicely, many hover around what seems to have developed as the magic price point here in Ontario: $25 for 2 grams. When you think about it, it makes sense. A one gram piece of hash isn’t big. In fact, it looks pretty puny when you take it out of the package . . . which . . . from a manufacturer’s standpoint – even in its cheapest acceptable gov’t approved child safe near impossible to open packaging - is expensive. So if they can double the product inside, the accountant’s smile.

This week’s temptation is a Single Source Black Afghan Hash. Now before you get too excited, it is not Afghani. Something tells me that no goats were in the vicinity where this was grown or the hash made. That said, it does tick a lot of boxes. From their site . . . sun grown rain watered self-grown single strain hung dried hand cured. That’s all good but then they claim: “sifted and screened and pressed in the traditional Afghani method.” Damn liars. Without goats, it is not traditional! Their facility is a large greenhouse in an industrial park on the south shore of the St. Lawrence River opposite Trois-Rivières.

The 3 Saint’s hash clocks in at 47.4% THC. I can’t detect any oil in the taste of this but this segues nicely into my main bitch about this hash. What is this gooey shit? The website shows a nice firm chunk but what I got is sticky and gooey – too sticky for my Happle. Bummer. It works nicely in a pipe however, and the taste is reminiscent of real Afghani and the high is all hash with lots of body bliss. It is not terribly long-lasting though so I found myself reaching for the pipe fairly often. So a decent hash with an old world taste. I'll buy it again.

Available @ retail cannabis stores in Canada. $24.99/2 grams

ojd

CONNOISSEUR GENETICS
Vendor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Crazy cheap and looks pretty nice also with some authentic afghan look ( very dark and oily)
Nice report

$12.50 a g is an amazing price

Ultramarin

Genetics: Single Source Afghan Hash

Grower/Producer: Greentone Cannabis - Quebec

Overall: Very good but . . .

Bag Appeal: It’s a lump of very very gooey black hash. It came in the usual opaque plastic package so passing children won’t instantly grab it and put it in their mouth and have their heads explode . . . but I digress . . . sorry about that . . . and then it is in a parchment envelope that you have to scrape the last little bit off. That’s my glass jar in the photo . . . If you think it looks like goose shit, you are not alone.

View attachment 18889792

Smell: Earth and charcoal
Taste: earthy
Potency: Tested THC @ 47.44%, CBD @ 0.08%
Total Terpenes: 2.642% Caryophyllene, Linalool, Terpineol
Duration: 8.5/10

It seems every couple of weeks now I notice a new cheap interesting hash or two pop up on my local dispos’ online menu and nicely, many hover around what seems to have developed as the magic price point here in Ontario: $25 for 2 grams. When you think about it, it makes sense. A one gram piece of hash isn’t big. In fact, it looks pretty puny when you take it out of the package . . . which . . . from a manufacturer’s standpoint – even in its cheapest acceptable gov’t approved child safe near impossible to open packaging - is expensive. So if they can double the product inside, the accountant’s smile.

This week’s temptation is a Single Source Black Afghan Hash. Now before you get too excited, it is not Afghani. Something tells me that no goats were in the vicinity where this was grown or the hash made. That said, it does tick a lot of boxes. From their site . . . sun grown rain watered self-grown single strain hung dried hand cured. That’s all good but then they claim: “sifted and screened and pressed in the traditional Afghani method.” Damn liars. Without goats, it is not traditional! Their facility is a large greenhouse in an industrial park on the south shore of the St. Lawrence River opposite Trois-Rivières.

The 3 Saint’s hash clocks in at 47.4% THC. I can’t detect any oil in the taste of this but this segues nicely into my main bitch about this hash. What is this gooey shit? The website shows a nice firm chunk but what I got is sticky and gooey – too sticky for my Happle. Bummer. It works nicely in a pipe however, and the taste is reminiscent of real Afghani and the high is all hash with lots of body bliss. It is not terribly long-lasting though so I found myself reaching for the pipe fairly often. So a decent hash with an old world taste. I'll buy it again.

Available @ retail cannabis stores in Canada. $24.99/2 grams
sorry, but in my eyes this looks not like the real afghan hash, which was common here in europe over the years. i also don´t believe, that someone with a greenhouse somewhere in canada is able to fake the typical afghan taste in a way, that comes only near the so called "old world taste". have you ever tried the original one?