What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Sinaloa cartel starts to care about quality

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor
As a high school kid in SoCal instead of surfing I was stealing ‘cados to pay for gas and snow lift tickets. These daze the land is way to valuable for cramming houses together on, to be growing some stinking ‘cados so some punks can steal them.

I was in Lake County (next to Mendocino) and won best bud in the valley where I was growing.

Mid-flowering, the Cartel approached me and offered me a house and a salary I wont disclose to run their grows in that valley and to lead their breeding program for that region.
I was surprised to see they were doing organics and were paying attention to the subtleties of the plant.

I politely declined.
Local, State, and Feds came to that valley in force a number of times - they left us gringos alone and only went after the Cartel.

With many of the American farmers going Rec, its leaving a large vacuum for the Cartels to fill.

I will say I also noticed pretty good quality from the Hmong and Slavic cartels.

It was a head-scratcher to see good quality from cartels while the people who were still using rockwool and pesticides were white methheads
interesting situation my friend, I wouldve been tempted to supply them with landrace sativa seeds and heirloom strains, use them as your minions to repurify the weed that gets out on the streets

Thcvhunter

Veteran
interesting situation my friend, I wouldve been tempted to supply them with landrace sativa seeds and heirloom strains, use them as your minions to repurify the weed that gets out on the streets
Nice thought. But they used banned pesticides

mexweed

Veteran
I wonder if the banned pesticides are why some of that brick seemed so crazy high wise, because realistically there's no way that weed was close to that good on its own, either that or just not having tolerance

Thcvhunter

Veteran
I wonder if the banned pesticides are why some of that brick seemed so crazy high wise, because realistically there's no way that weed was close to that good on its own, either that or just not having tolerance
Ive come to the same conclusion.
It was alway trippy, but also kinda dirty aspect to the buzz

mexweed

Veteran
it was almost magical at times trippyness wise like the kind of stuff they might exaggerate a cannabis experience being like in a movie, the uncontrollable laughter, euphoria, but there was always a comedown and crash, sometimes a bit of a headache, paranoia wasn't uncommon