What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Sinaloa cartel starts to care about quality

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
i don't see abandoning domestic cannabis if legalization brings in more imports. even when we were getting imports, much of the very best was domestic, whether from the Kentucky Cornbread Mafia or the old farmers on the Cumberland plateau around Crossville. much of that compared favorably with the smoke we were getting from Colombia and was better than what came in from Mexico...
every been to california, those norcal boys can grow some good stuff
unless its some very special imported it all tends to be lumped into that brick weed category
/cheap smoke

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
la produces some top notch smoke but its mostly indoors
i dont think the cartels are that "high tech" at this point, they just drop off a bunch of illegals in the middle of the woods (often on public land) and tell them to grow
but ive seen where greenhouses equipped with fans/light dep features are being used up north to grow huge crops and they are getting multiple harvests a season from the sun
the cartels dgaf about quality, they are just in it for the quick buck

RobFromTX

ive been to mexcio myself, mostly baja region and used to love the country
/we used to surf there all the time
great people awesome food plus a sort of wild feel to the place
i see all the trappings of third world poverty and its not getting better for the avg mexican
i havent been back in more than 10+ years
/when was the last time you were there? where did you go
the mrs visits family she has in oaxaca recently
she basically stuck to the main areas and was told by her family to not go out on her own and if she did not to stray too far from home
the mexican gov is a joke on the local level as @RobFromTX mentioned and it dosent get much better as you go up the food chain
the only thing keeping the cartels from taking over the place, (like they havent already) is the big bad bully nortenos
the local gov isnt doing anything to end the murders and corruption, but hey i guess its just par for the course in some places
/third world shitholes
im not going to debate semantics here but if you have high crime, crippling poverty and no way out i think thats a great start to being a failed nation

Do they have surf gangs in mexico too poprocks? My brother in Seattle is a pretty bigtime surfer. Hes been in a scuffle in Malibu with the locals. He says one day hes gonna go to Palos Verdes estates and test the asshole meter :D

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt

xoxo hermanos

hahah, not to get too far off topic but yea localism does exist
i never really saw it much in mex, because most mexicans dont really surf and the ones who do are usually stoked when you ride their waves like crazy
there are def certain some surfs spots up and down the coast you dont just show up to and expect to get the best waves
the thing that soured me on mex was hearing about a group of friend who got shook down by a bunch of wannabe gangsters at k38
/thats why you cant have nice things!
its funny when you talk about the bu' because those are kids waves, but when you get someplace heavy its a different game; the wave itself weeds out the weak
but if you paddle out just be cool and wait your turn and you could get a wave to yourself, but dont expect them to be excited to see some new face right off the bat
i could tell more surf stories but i dont want to get too far off topic
/like of a friend having his windows broken when he parked in a "secret spot" up north
i surfed there the day before so i fell bad for tell him to location
oh yeah, f' palos verdes
but oc/la county rocks if you know where to go
but i dig it man, you have guys who have been surfing there for generations and i think they hold some calim to the spot

midwestkid

Veteran
i grew up in kansas. only waves there were waves of grain.
we smoked lots of brick weed. it was dark and sticky and rectangular. lol. you needed scissors to "break" it up. im extremely sensitive to weed. it doesnt take much for me to get pretty far out. nothing like getting really high and wondering if something had been sprayed on it or if it was actually "working." the come down at the end was usually rough. lots of grog. it got to the point where we said, "do you wanna get weird" before we smoked. instead of "do you wanna get high"
any pot we got that actually looked like it came from mother nature; we referred to as Kind bud.
one spring my cousin gave me a big sack of brickweed seeds he had collected. i germinated like maybe 50 and had them all growing in my brother's master bathroom. one night i came home from the bar and overfed and burnt about 47 of them. the next morning i was shocked to see the carnage. it was probably a blessing as paranoia was growing quite quickly. we were watching the road in front of the house and we thought cops would surely bust us...
so maybe 3 finished. under florescents. lol.
i have no idea why i was trying to grow it indoor with zero equipment... should have dug holes and thrown them in the backyard...
anyways, 1 of them had a black licorice aroma. we called it jager weed. and it was some bizarre smoke. i sometimes wonder if it was one of those durban/skunks?
thats one of my brick weed stories. mhmm
(slingblade voice)

Gry

Used to grab kilos on the East Coast down in the Valley were Texas and Mexico met on the coast.
I spent my summers there when I was young, and knew the same people down there for years.
Was able to get the standard cannabis along with smaller amounts of nicer for personal consumption.
Truth be told, even the standard stuff was generally pretty damned nice. When I first went down there,
I would let my buddies back home sell off ounces, and it always went quickly.
Everyone who handled it saw a fine return. As I got older, I kept it all for making extract.
When I first started doing it, it was so easy to drive back with it, but that did change with the
passage of time.
The first year that seeds were sold in High Times, was the last year that I drove down
there to cop. I think it was shortly after that, when the feds pushed the whole extended
border thing down the throats of those who lived in the Valley.
I recall driving over to Mexico with my grandfather in the early sixties when it was such
a casual thing to do, that it was no big deal. Used to love to buy their homemade fireworks.
The stories that I would hear from those who worked down there all their lives were
intoxicating for me as a young man.
I was too young to understand how broke we were back then, but life seems to be rich
as it could be back then.
Recall that one of the people who lived there full time bought a jeep out of the back of
a comic book, and we scrubbed for ever to get dried out cosmoline off of the parts, and they took it
over to Padre Island on an airboat and left it there with the key in it. Anyone who would
take over five gallons of gas could use it. Lasted a couple of years before a hurricane claimed it.
Years later I came to understand Allen Dulles stashed"extra" paperclip Nazis in the Mexican oil industry.
My grandfather was a dr, who worked for the civil service on chemistry that was taken from
Germany as war loot. He taught me to read, which left me feeling like life was rich and filled with
filled with endless potential.

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
heck yeah! @Gry mex used to kick ass and was a fun place to visit and you know young pops would always bring back fire works!
mexican people are pretty cool for the most part and the shady ones were easy to read
some of the first seeds i ever grew out were from mex "bag" weed, the primo you mentioned
it was nice
i remember those things you order from the back of a comic book

buzzmobile

Veteran
i remember those things you order from the back of a comic book
Monkeys again with a different "bowlfull of happiness".
1697373404463.jpeg

1697373287202.jpeg

ineedclones2

i don't see abandoning domestic cannabis if legalization brings in more imports. even when we were getting imports, much of the very best was domestic, whether from the Kentucky Cornbread Mafia or the old farmers on the Cumberland plateau around Crossville. much of that compared favorably with the smoke we were getting from Colombia and was better than what came in from Mexico...
Did you ever get to try the Puking Red that the Marion County boys had? Don’t know if Johnny Boone and the Bickett boys had her, but she was a clone only we had around the 90s and early 2000s that was the most extremely expansive smoke ever, it would choke your brains out and caused many people to throw up, hence the name. They also called it Choking Red. Easily the most potent strain I’ve ever encountered as far as pure indicas go, it would wreck your day immediately and usually only would require one or 2 hits if you could stop coughing long enough to hit it again.

Latest posts

Latest posts