What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Simultaneously clone and pollen production

Lolo94

Anyone successfully clone a Male plant with flowers and get its flowers to produce pollen at the same time. Recently topped 2 males with a fair number of young Male flowers and placed the tops in a rooting sponge under low light, without humidity dome. Been 5 days and the tops appear to be rooting but are dropping the flowers instead of them producing pollen. I'm assuming it's the shock. Tops look real healthy still. I'd previously cut more developed Males and left them to dry and the pollen smacks opened up.

PolyChucker

It’s really hard to clone something in flower. I’ve tried taking a bud and stem from a flowering plant and put it in a cup of water. It did make one weak little root after 2 months. The theory is it had to reveg to make roots. I don’t think a plant can properly flower without roots. Meanwhile the plant I took the bud and stem from was able to reveg and it was faster than flowering clone in water and more robust.
My experience from some limited experiences in this area is you should ideally take clones before flower. If you didn’t, or the clone died, then you should try to reveg the parent plant. As a last ditch effort you can try to clone a flowering plant but it rarely works for me.

Lolo94

Just noticed that one of the tops cloned rooted. It had been dropping flowers alot in the last couple days and started showing new growth. The rooting method I used was using a cheap rooting sponge in a beer cup with a 1/4 inch of water. Water was added once absorbed by the sponge. Cup was placed under a discount low wattage LED stick and turned on and off throughout the day. No dome was used. Other top is still healthy but no new growth or roots.

Latest posts

Latest posts