What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

silica during bloom phase

Rodehazrd

Glad to share Its not very fancy, I start with a 6 gallon beer brewers bucket with five gal of rain water a big air stone and a gallon of worm castings in a paint filter hanging on the side. Add half cup molasses and a tablespoon of orca liquid mycorrhiza some azos and actinovate. Bubble several days then I add mr humic armor silica and a spoonful of liquid smoke. I do 30 gallons of basically a coots mix equal parts wc peat and compost to which I’ve added two cups of calcium carbonate two cups soft rock phosphate and a cup of gypsum mixed well. I soak the mix with the tea and wait 4-5 weeks and it’s ready to go.

Douglas.Curtis

Autistic Diplomat in Training
Wtf is the liquid smoke for... not enough cancer causing agents in the other healthy stuff? Tasty though... right??!! :)

Rodehazrd

Wtf is the liquid smoke for... not enough cancer causing agents in the other healthy stuff? Tasty though... right??!! :)
It’s got some organic acids deemed beneficial for breaking out some micronutrients. I’m not really clear about what all it does for sure but I’ve been doing it for years. I got the idea on Icmag if I come up with the op on it I’ll pm

Douglas.Curtis

Try a couple light drenches of low nitrogen rabbit manure tea on a few plants instead of liquid smoke, the last application about 3 weeks from harvest. Without a low nitrogen version, you'll find great results with 2 or three drenches a week apart at the beginning of flower. Depending on a lot of things, the nitrogen content can be very high to rather low.

Likely you'll skip the liquid smoke for everything after that. ;)

Douglas.Curtis

Ok, I see the misunderstanding... "Liquid Smoke" is an awful retail product on grocery store shelves in the USA. The bamboo liquid smoke Bill Farthing mentioned is different and looks beneficial as a source of humic substances and pryoligneous acid.

Fun! :)

cfl...KING

Listen my username is from 07 lol
Veteran
Silica blast definitely added strength to the plants branches an helped in flowering for that reason. Tho you definitely want to use half strength because it doesn't flush out(at least not in a week or 2). It definitely lowers smell an taste, also buds appear to have lower amounts of THC visually. I stopped using because of this. Although the couple runs I used it, I did have record yields but only by an ounce or 2 per 1k. Not worth it in my opinion.

Also I believe silica is for coco an hydro not soil iirc

Latest posts

Latest posts