What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Diary Showdown: Pink Kush vs Ultimate Pink Kush

Mattbho

Thank you.

On the subject of hash, I am making bubble out of most of the strains I grow. The best so far are Auto Blueberry from Dutch Passion, Tangie'Matic from Barneys and PK from Barneys. I am waiting for colder weather to run a bunch of Sativa bubble - Malawi & Zamaldelica from Ace.

Definitely don't want to be making any bubble in this weather.

I tried dry ice method one summer . It worked really good until I tried touching the keif . What a mess that was...

note to self; try the dry ice tek again one winter :) . Im a lazy fucker so usually its just bho imo so much easier

tobedetermined

Premium user
ICMag Donor
I tried dry ice method one summer . It worked really good until I tried touching the keif . What a mess that was...

I tried it too. It produced well but there was far too much plant matter in the hash. If you could get small rounded pellets and only shake a little, it might work. I think I finally have normal ice bubble dialed in so I will stick with that. With a cat in the house, dry sift is not practical.

Mattbho

I tried it too. It produced well but there was far too much plant matter in the hash. If you could get small rounded pellets and only shake a little, it might work. I think I finally have normal ice bubble dialed in so I will stick with that. With a cat in the house, dry sift is not practical.

Yes it was the bb style. it freaked me out the 1st time i used it with my closed loop system. it never recovered a tank so fast

when do u plan on flowering these bitches

Sub24ox7

Looking good! I got 2 ultimate pink Kush S1 from Scott family farms going now. They must like a lighter feed, they got pretty dark on me and started to curl. Been feeding only r.o. Water for the last week and will continue to till the end. Just thought I would share, looking forward to more updates from you! Peace

tobedetermined

Premium user
ICMag Donor
Looking good! I got 2 ultimate pink Kush S1 from Scott family farms going now. They must like a lighter feed, they got pretty dark on me and started to curl. Been feeding only r.o. Water for the last week and will continue to till the end. Just thought I would share, looking forward to more updates from you! Peace

Good to have you on board. I will be interested to hear/see how your Ultimates do.

Sub24ox7

Click image for larger version  Name:	1EEFC2B2-9A5B-4188-9904-F830B55F8B14.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	91.4 KB ID:	17939062
Click image for larger version  Name:	1EEFC2B2-9A5B-4188-9904-F830B55F8B14.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	91.4 KB ID:	17939062

tobedetermined

Premium user
ICMag Donor
Tasty! But I see what you mean about the nitrogen overload. They look like they are still a couple of weeks away from ideal so coasting with a long flush will help.

tobedetermined

Premium user
ICMag Donor
With no nutes, they will fade. Maybe a little too much, too soon. You could always give them a mild PK dose in a week just to keep bud plumping.

tobedetermined

Premium user
ICMag Donor
The doldrums of veg . . . after the excitement of sprouting and early growth, you get to the veg. Since I had to plant them into the 3 g pots earlier than expected due to their near drowning incident, they have taken a while to get in gear. But they have finally started. I added the wing lights last week which doubles the light hitting them and they responded nicely. Of course, this also induced LED light stress so I have moved the lights up to about 25” over the plants. I also increased the cal/mag to 1ml/litre. I noticed a bit of leaf turn and crinkling, so I will watch and move the light more etc as needed.

Now that they are growing well, I have double their feed gradually over the last week, to 1.25 ml/litre of the Canna twins. The silicate and humic I left at the same dose to keep the ec in reasonable territory at 1.7.

Here is an in the tent door shot at 40 days.

photo2071654.jpg

Last edited:

tobedetermined

Premium user
ICMag Donor
Well, things have been chugging along nicely with the plants. I have leveled out the feed (I think) at 1.5 ml/l of the CannaCoco couple. I now have brought the cal/mag dose up to the same level, which seems to be curing the LED/coco/calcium/mg leaf crinkle. I am still adding the silicate and the humic. This toxic brew brings the ec to 1.9 once I knock the pH down to just under 6.Tent temps are running mid 20s C with RH moving between 50 – 65%. I am feeding them about one litre each per day.

As you can see, the two plants have evened out in size as the Barney’s PK caught up. It is also a bit tighter overall with smaller node spacing and fan leaves. The Ultimate is a more open plant. The stalks on the Ultimate are red striped. That all being said, the two plants are very close cousins.

The Ultimate:

photo2073424.jpg

photo2073425.jpg

Barney’s:

photo2073423.jpg

photo2073426.jpg

Last edited:

tobedetermined

Premium user
ICMag Donor
I switched into 12/12 a week and a day ago. I have increased the output on both lights - the Mars burple went into Bloom and I upped the voltage a bit on the strips. Both plants are loving the extra light and the stretch has begun . . .

After observing the plants for a few days, I noticed some leaf twist and droop so I moved the main light up another six inches.

photo2076325.jpg

photo2076326.jpg

And I also rooted a couple of clones for a grow buddy.

photo2076324.jpg

Last edited:

tobedetermined

Premium user
ICMag Donor
I promised that this would be a boring grow diary and I think that it is definitely living up to my goal. :rasta:

The plants are growing just peachy after I rolled over into 12/12 a little over 2 weeks ago. They have been vigorously stretching ever since and they are both over double their veg height with the UPK at 31”(79cm) this morning. The BPK is just a hair shorter at 29”(74cm). Nicely-formed typical columnar plants with a pronounced but still fairly subtle odor. Real flowers started to appear 5 days ago. The plants are nearly identical in look and grow structure and vigor – as if they were clones from the same mother. Hmmm. This is good to see in one sense because I AM growing the same strain, but still . . .

Ultimate Pink Kush

photo2079049.jpg

Barney's Pink Kush

photo2079050.jpg

For nutes, I stopped using the humic acid to balance the mix a bit - since it had K – and keeping in mind the current flow of thought on LEDs, coco, et al – I will control it and give them a PK boost at the best time a little later. I am now running an ec of 1.9 - mixing 2.5 litres of water with CannaCoco A+B, silicone and cal/mag for a daily hand feed.

In more exciting news, the temps outside dipped down to 10C here one morning, so I did a couple of bubble hash runs. I realized that I had stopped smoking my Ace Malawi after I had 2 phenos of mature Ace Zamaldelica on hand, so I ran my stock along with a jar of trim. In my usual fashion, I only did 2 light ice washes. While I know that this reduces quantity significantly, the improvement in quality is quite marked. Since I grow a lot of pot, I can afford to be fussy. I also ran the remainder of my Auto Blueberry stock (Dutch Passion) but I was disappointed with this yield. Maybe I was getting tired by the 2nd round - which I wouldn’t doubt considering my current yo-yo level of decrepitude. I have put a Bubblebag Dude hash machine on my Xmas list. $196 in our funny money but worth it for a hashishin. And fwiw the BB Dude is supposedly behind the ‘Hank’ brand of hash which is sold here in our legal market.

And here is a pic of the roots on the UPK clone I gave to a buddy

photo2079051.jpg

Last edited:

CosmicGiggle

Veteran
Nothing wrong with boring tobedetermined, excitement usually means something bad/problematic has happened! :biggrin:

........... keep going! :shucks:

tobedetermined

Premium user
ICMag Donor
It’s been a couple of weeks since my last update and the plants are flowering very nicely. They still look like twins with only a slight color variation between the two, with the Barney’s being a touch ‘greener’ and the Ultimate being very sensitive to cal/mag – as I back off on it, the stems start turning redder. The leaf structure, the way the buds form . . . yeah, twins.

One interesting thing to note was their surge in thirst. At the beginning of last week, they were sharing 2.5 litres of water/feed with a bit of runoff. The runoff stopped Wednesday and two days later they were demanding 4 litres for a bit of runoff. It was odd that they waited so long. Obviously, flowering makes them very hungry but you would think that the demand would start a bit earlier as they stretch.

Barney's

photo2083006.jpg

Ultimate

photo2083005.jpg

I started a week of PK 13/14 a couple of days ago since the flowers were starting to fill out. I stopped the silicate and backed down a bit on cal/mg to keep the ec under 2. After the 1st dose, there was just a teeny bit of tip burn, so for the 2nd day, I dropped the cal/mg even more which produced the red stems on the Ultimate as it complained. But it dropped the ec to 1.5 and the tip burn stopped.

And just for interest . . . this picture I took yesterday morning as I was heading into our local park walking my Sheltie. About 100 metres away and at the back of a schoolyard in the middle of the city. They use the river valleys and gas right of ways etc to move around. Needless to say, I went the other way.

photo2083007.jpg

Last edited: