What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

should we start givin wate instead of formula???....baby Q??

NOKUY

Veteran
hunter is almost 10 mnths...already walking, eating mostly ppl food,

...trying to wean him off the bottles at night tho .....any ideas???

:wave:

Sam the Caveman

Good'n Greasy
Veteran
I've heard of people putting cherios in their milk to help them sleep longer before they wake up again.

I don't know much about babies though, never had one.

Dislexus

the shit spoon
Veteran
I'd cut the formula ratio in half a month before, then just give it straight water a week before you harvest.

Stoner4Life

Medicinal Advocate
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Didn't they give you a manual or sumptin?

:dunno:

nothing wrong w/the old standby bro, just ask yer mom.......

Dr.%20Spock%27s%20book.jpg

just $1.50 wherever books are sold, btw where do they sell books today?

Sgt.Stedenko

Crotchety Cabaholic
Veteran
Neither of my kids saw formula after 4 months.
You must have a trust fund if your feeding formula for 10 months.
Grow a pair and let the boy cry for a couple of nights.
You make the decisions, not him.

resinryder

Rubbing my glands together
Veteran
Get him off the formula and give him milk or water. Do not give him lots of juice. The acids in most of them will erode the enamel off his teeth and mess them up.
Sgt.Stedenko is also correct. Taking it away altogether is the way we did it. They cried a couple of nights but forgot about it soon, Hell give him a sippy cup if you have to.

Wiimote

Don't give your baby anything in a bottle to take to bed, except water. Anything, from formula, juice, milk, etc will rot his or her teeth away before they even come in. My ex-wife did that to my oldest son, and he went through hell over it.

V

vonforne

NOKUY

I believe y<our thread would get some spot on answers in the Womens Forum. After all they are Mothers.

Thread Moved.

V

It could really help if you're super active/stimulating with him during the day/evening so he passes right out when he finally can, he'll forget about his routine, or won't be awake very long to complain about the bottle. Prob. have to commit to it fully and go cold turkey and be in that frame of mind for a few days. The bottle of water (warm even) would be a nice transitional thing off the bottle/formula crack. I agree with the folks saying not to give him anything besides water to have in bed. As a side note, if you're not already watering down his juice, consider that. You'll spend half as much on it which is a cool bonus, but really there's waaay too much sugar in just about any juice for a little one under a year to be processing. Plus you're on the other end of that sugar buzz man :) If he's already walking at 10 months (!!!) and eating people food, you should be golden by the end of the week on the bottle thing, if you just do it, er... don't do it. Good luck, let us know how the cookie crumbles ;) ~MissGD