What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

should i return this call ?

armedoldhippy

Veteran
i had a message on my phone 2 days go from someone that claimed we hung out together at Pope AFB on Ft. Bragg...47 years ago! first off, he used a part of my name that NO ONE has ever called me, ever. he only gave a first name, and i don't recall anyone by that name while i was there. strike two. i tried to reverse lookup the number he left, no dice. so, i just typed in the entire number into Google to see what it said. there were 11 reports on that number, 9 of them being linked to Bank of America, and 2 to "pushy bill collectors". i DO have an account with BOA, so there is that. but if THEY were trying to get in touch, they KNOW who/where i am. i am leaning toward a hard "no", but curiosity is tough...what say you, denizens of the 'net ?

Zeez

---------------->
ICMag Donor
i had a message on my phone 2 days go from someone that claimed we hung out together at Pope AFB on Ft. Bragg...47 years ago! first off, he used a part of my name that NO ONE has ever called me, ever. he only gave a first name, and i don't recall anyone by that name while i was there. strike two. i tried to reverse lookup the number he left, no dice. so, i just typed in the entire number into Google to see what it said. there were 11 reports on that number, 9 of them being linked to Bank of America, and 2 to "pushy bill collectors". i DO have an account with BOA, so there is that. but if THEY were trying to get in touch, they KNOW who/where i am. i am leaning toward a hard "no", but curiosity is tough...what say you, denizens of the 'net ?
There has been a ton of personal information hijacked and sold on the 'dark web'. I would guess that someone has some of your history and is going for an identity theft by trying to add more info to what they might have. Just guessing here.

armedoldhippy

Veteran
There has been a ton of personal information hijacked and sold on the 'dark web'. I would guess that someone has some of your history and is going for an identity theft by trying to add more info to what they might have. Just guessing here.
(y) :cool: my "hard no" is getting harder, the longer i think on it...

buzzmobile

Veteran
When a bank wants to officially get in touch with you, the notice will be in your mailbox.

Block the number and watch the mail.
GettyImages-200333057-001.jpg