What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Shiva Grows

DaEarl73

shout out to pablo . the only united fan is his barrio

If he is wearing the united dress in Boca , he is a crazy guy! If you wear the wrong colors in the wrong barrio you can get in serious problems. They want you to undress or they undress you hahahaha

shiva82

If he is wearing the united dress in Boca , he is a crazy guy! If you wear the wrong colors in the wrong barrio you can get in serious problems. They want you to undress or they undress you hahahaha
he said that the kids in the barrio would spit at him and sucker punch him for wearing an english team shirt , a united shirt

Pablo was a one man riot and cool dude. i think he moved back to argentina. i met him in Spain

revegeta666

Muay thai is some intense stuff. Id never survive that. Im 6'6. It pays to be short and fast for that sport

Not at all. Reach is one of the biggest possible advantages you can have in combat sports. Meet Rico Verhoeven. 6'7 I think.

Funnily enough as big as he is he lacks finishing power but technically he's one of the finest fighters to come out of Holland. With arms that long you just can't get close enough to hit him cleanly. Not that I would ever try to do that Mr. Rico 🙈

RobFromTX

Not at all. Reach is one of the biggest possible advantages you can have in combat sports. Meet Rico Verhoeven. 6'7 I think.

Funnily enough as big as he is he lacks finishing power but technically he's one of the finest fighters to come out of Holland. With arms that long you just can't get close enough to hit him cleanly. Not that I would ever try to do that Mr. Rico 🙈

Ive heard about that guy, big mofo. Reach has its advantages. I just found the best folks for striking were shorter and faster but ive never practiced muay thai. I knew a jujitsu instructor in austin who was barely 5ft. The dude was fast. a total powerhouse

revegeta666

Ive heard about that guy, big mofo. Reach has its advantages. I just found the best folks for striking were shorter and faster but ive never practiced muay thai. I knew a jujitsu instructor in austin who was barely 5ft. The dude was fast. a total powerhouse
Yes but reach doesn't help at all in jiu jitsu. Grappling does favour shorter guys because of the easier leverage. But in striking sports reach advantage is king. It's literally the most important factor after skill, stamina and mental toughness. It really is a physical barrier that prevents you to get hit. I'm not a fighter so I just hit the bag for fun but a serious fight nerd lol.

RobFromTX

Yes but reach doesn't help at all in jiu jitsu. Grappling does favour shorter guys because of the easier leverage. But in striking sports reach advantage is king. It's literally the most important factor after skill, stamina and mental toughness. It really is a physical barrier that prevents you to get hit. I'm not a fighter so I just hit the bag for fun but a serious fight nerd.
Yeah im 40 now with arthritis so i wouldnt dare practice martial arts anymore. but ofcourse krav maga is more of a self defense practice than a combat sport.

revegeta666

240 wins and only 24 losses. thats pretty damn good
Yeah one of the best, not the most exciting but very smart clean and technical fighter. Also to be fair he was coming up right when televised kickboxing's popularity was starting to really fade. So the competition he faced was relatively low level compared to the generation before him which was the golden age of kickboxing/muay Thai in my opinion (K1 promotion in Japan).

shiva82

the thai fighters do not care for weight limits , maybe they lose a few , but they do not care. size does matter for sure. heart is important. if you have a huge heart and you are a giant , you can beat most people.

take 10 to land 1 against a midget

shiva82

Yeah one of the best, not the most exciting but very smart clean and technical fighter. Also to be fair he was coming up right when televised kickboxing's popularity was starting to really fade. So the competition he faced was relatively low level compared to the generation before him which was the golden age of kickboxing/muay Thai in my opinion (K1 promotion in Japan).
sensi steven seagal has to be up there