What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Shiva Grows

shiva82

peach jewel

Attachments

• IMG_5836.JPG
    IMG_5836.JPG
    1 MB · Views: 18

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Yeah, was kind of kidding I guess. Would be great to see the results of your lines too, to find more about how the progeny is segregating out. 40 Degreessouth just posted in the outdoor forum and said he has been working on a line for 7 years. He did some overwatering trials to make the line better! It produced plants that have more adventitious roots he said.

Lot of people like the Freisland, Old Piney was talking about it and recommended it for Northern growers.

Hey everyone.
Old Piney the issue I’m facing is different to either botrytis or caterpillar damage and I don’t want to sound obtuse but l wish it was something as simple. I use BT with great success and it can be tank mixed in teas or feeds, as Microbeman explains in the “Local Materials Thread”, when l asked him about it. It’s also photo sensitive, which means it degrades in sunlight so under leaf applications last longer. It can be used right up until harvest but fortnightly sprays are recommended.
The problem with the bud worms we get here is that they emerge from the bud after dark and feed of a night so they are extremely difficult to control by hand. I’ve read on here that some growers have had great success with bug zappers, around the garden, reducing the moths that lay the eggs.
’ll post some photos up of what the leaf spot disease looks like in a day or two but basically, it starts as a yellow dot that spreads outwards, creating necrotic tissue. Eventually all the spots join up and the leaf is dead. This happens really quickly particularly when the leaf is wet, so during extended periods of rain, or wet weather, a vulnerable plant will be destroyed in a week or so.
Hey Pipeline. It’s not unusual, in my experience, for some strains to throw roots out of the nodes on the stem but I’ve never seen one do it in eight days. I sometimes use a deep planting technique that gives the plant extra support when it starts to grow roots out of the bottom two sets of laterals. This also gives it the ability to increase its root zone, through surface area, under the soil. I looked the process up and l believe, it’s called adventitious rooting. This is not the technique to use if you have fusarium or other such soil borne pathogens.
I think it’s been bred into the line from the overwatering trials, in which plants sit in water for weeks and the ones that die off don’t have the ability to do this very thing. I’ve even got some throwing aerial roots which I haven’t seen a lot of, so statistically speaking it’s very high in a single population and this is a manifestation of my breeding goals being achieved. It’s taken me seven years to get to this stage.
And to finish a few photos.
The big Wam Wam in early flower. View attachment 18808893 View attachment 18808905 And the male selection of the Blackdog x AOG f5, leaning heavily towards the AOG with a beautiful Og floral structure. It’s disease resistant and could be a candidate for another line to work towards a recombinant inbred line for my beautiful Blackdog girl.
Cheers,
View attachment 18808916

shiva82

you can just pay to be a vendor if you have cash , money always talks , but you will have no market . you are best building up reputation as a breeder known for a quality product first by giving your tested product out with breeder guarentee and create demand over time through successful grows

the friesland i will be growing again shortly

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Do you cut back roots for reveg?

Also, are you putting out mothers in the mounds in teh swamp or are the the clones?

Getting started on the growing pains soon for being a Breeder. I know it takes time to build a business. Its been interesting and wonderful to watch mine grow. Glad to be able to help people. You have to keep that attitude, as a servant of God.

Helped my neighbor load up his truck with trash and furnature before dark. Don't hesitate to help people, there are great rewards.

Mark 9:33-37 NKJV

Who Is the Greatest?​

33 Then He came to Capernaum. And when He was in the house He asked them, “What was it you [f]disputed among yourselves on the road?” 34 But they kept silent, for on the road they had disputed among themselves who would be the greatest. 35 And He sat down, called the twelve, and said to them, “If anyone desires to be first, he shall be last of all and servant of all.” 36 Then He took a little child and set him in the midst of them. And when He had taken him in His arms, He said to them, 37 “Whoever receives one of these little children in My name receives Me; and whoever receives Me, receives not Me but Him who sent Me.”

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Saw the my young lady friend walking the dog with her younger sister or friend. Got a chance to talk for a minute and let the dogs play! They made friends! Yeah! Thank you God! :smoke:

shiva82

Do you cut back roots for reveg?

Also, are you putting out mothers in the mounds in teh swamp or are the the clones?

Getting started on the growing pains soon for being a Breeder. I know it takes time to build a business. Its been interesting and wonderful to watch mine grow. Glad to be able to help people. You have to keep that attitude, as a servant of God.

Helped my neighbor load up his truck with trash and furnature before dark. Don't hesitate to help people, there are great rewards.

Mark 9:33-37 NKJV

Who Is the Greatest?​

33 Then He came to Capernaum. And when He was in the house He asked them, “What was it you [f]disputed among yourselves on the road?” 34 But they kept silent, for on the road they had disputed among themselves who would be the greatest. 35 And He sat down, called the twelve, and said to them, “If anyone desires to be first, he shall be last of all and servant of all.” 36 Then He took a little child and set him in the midst of them. And when He had taken him in His arms, He said to them, 37 “Whoever receives one of these little children in My name receives Me; and whoever receives Me, receives not Me but Him who sent Me.”
you can do , and i used to , i stopped bothering and noticed little difference.24 hr veg, do not over water, and have patience. the important part is what is left on the plant to recover. i used to hack back the roots and repot into fresh soil . works well, and doing nothing also works well. whatever works for you , if you want to make it complex ,you can.

i take clones . i will be cloning the m33s and growing them outdoors

Last edited:

shiva82

pastor krs one sermon

The moral to the story is...your addiction to your needs and your
wants is what causes problems in your life. Make sure you got whatcha
need. Put at a safe distance all the things that you want. It's wants
that get you into trouble.
This is the balance of life, the balance to life on a whole.- krs one

Last edited:

zaprjaques

pastor krs one sermon

The moral to the story is...your addiction to your needs and your
wants is what causes problems in your life. Make sure you got whatcha
need. Put at a safe distance all the things that you want. It's wants
that get you into trouble.
This is the balance of life, the balance to life on a whole.- krs one

also the getting of the things you really really want might eventually fuck you up.

ive listened to a few episodes of the 'huberman lab' podcast with andrew huberman whos a neuroscientist, where they describe dopamine functions and such, wich is pretty simple mechanisms actually about reward and even thinking bout or anticipating that something you want might come true will release dopamine and raise levels about baseline.
after you really get it tho it will drop below baseline... and it really really sucks.

if youre a smart observer like krs it might be obvious :) but if youre an always too busy person like me you might be missing the obvious and need some teaching one way or another.

peace out!

cant leave without a track though,

shiva82

also the getting of the things you really really want might eventually fuck you up.

ive listened to a few episodes of the 'huberman lab' podcast with andrew huberman whos a neuroscientist, where they describe dopamine functions and such, wich is pretty simple mechanisms actually about reward and even thinking bout or anticipating that something you want might come true will release dopamine and raise levels about baseline.
after you really get it tho it will drop below baseline... and it really really sucks.

if youre a smart observer like krs it might be obvious :) but if youre an always too busy person like me you might be missing the obvious and need some teaching one way or another.

peace out!

cant leave without a track though,

interesting. cheers. we all are forever learning

love a jaques track.

zaprjaques

its all over the world in daily life, especially nowadays.
like if i want to get some specific seeds, and i look up descriptions, pics maybe grow reports, that sort of stuff really scratches my itch and i get hyped up with anticipation. when they finally arrive i'm really happy, finally theyre here, one day imma grow them! then they go to the fridge and i kinda forget about them and some time later i find a new seed itch that needs to be scratched haha.
its really universal though, so you might want to keep your wants at safe distance, no pun intended.

Latest posts

Latest posts