What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Shiva Grows

shiva82

thought i would join and document what i'm currently growing. I have been pollen chucking , growing flower to smoke and making hash recently.I have been growing over 25 years now and still always making mistakes and i always have used the forums to cross referance and to read and learn about cannabis in all its forms. I mainly grow indoor. I have a small mini greenhouse for making external seeds , a small tent for internal seeds and a flower tent for my smokeables and testing seeds. Thanks for having me . peace and love

Last edited:

shiva82

my secret agent greenhouse i built to make outdoor seeds and grow tomatoes. I have them in small pots to limit root space and promote earlier onset of flowering. Everything will be pollinated on the shelf by two lebanese males from Ace. I have two female lebs that are beginning to flower, i have two early skunk fems that are showing preflower , and then i have two clones[ one peach and one cheese s5] that i rooted under 24 7 and put in small pots , and chucked them in after soltice and they should start flowering quick too hopefully. So if all goes to plan i will end up with seeds of lebx leb ibl, leb x cheese , leb x peach and leb x early skunk . That will keep me busy for the next couple of years and grow some in the wild. I have a male oldtimer haze , male hindu kush chilling in my garden and a random female also , and they are hidden too. The lebanese males smell identical and smell incredible.Very unique . I will harvest seeds and dry sift all the plants for hash . traditional style.

Attachments

• IMG_2417.JPG
    IMG_2417.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 528
  • IMG_2395.JPG
    IMG_2395.JPG
    2.8 MB · Views: 516
  • IMG_2407.JPG
    IMG_2407.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 504
  • IMG_2408.JPG
    IMG_2408.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 488
  • IMG_2410.JPG
    IMG_2410.JPG
    3.1 MB · Views: 513
  • IMG_2412.JPG
    IMG_2412.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 521
Last edited:

shiva82

just potted up my indoor grow. I keep it simple.I have made my own soils and brews etc and live soils , but i get good results using basic method of using branded biobizz light mix and water to begin with , then as they grow and develop they get up potted into All mix and just water. They get either a dry slow release dose of food or a liquid feed from secondary flowering stage only , depending on the strain, once the soil is depleted . Mainly organic in method , and mainly just using water. I mineralize when i feel they need it. i don't really grow in any style as i'm always fucking around and pheno hunting. i have 4 x heavy grapefruit to test [ i expect a hermie from the cheap fem seeds but the genteics sound good , dynamite x sweet tooth], a cheese in a big pot , a supersilverhasplant88 in a big pot central , and then i have two peach , and another cheese and sshhp88. i'm running them under 2 x 315 cmh and a deep red floro to switch on during flower to tweak the spectrum. Nothing much to see yet . two weeks of veg and then i will flip.

Attachments

• IMG_2385.JPG
    IMG_2385.JPG
    3.4 MB · Views: 234
  • IMG_2384.JPG
    IMG_2384.JPG
    4 MB · Views: 238
  • IMG_2383.JPG
    IMG_2383.JPG
    4 MB · Views: 238
  • IMG_2386.JPG
    IMG_2386.JPG
    3.6 MB · Views: 229
  • IMG_2381.JPG
    IMG_2381.JPG
    3.9 MB · Views: 226
  • IMG_2382.JPG
    IMG_2382.JPG
    3.9 MB · Views: 231
Last edited:

shiva82

smoking a joint of silverhashplant88. easy problem free plant to grow, great smell like a citrus lime haze smell. Good resin content, large trichome size , good yield, just lacks in the high department.Gets me high , just doesnt last long . has zero body which i find weird considering its 75% indica in theory. I will be ditching it after next grow .Nice smoke, nice buds just not great. My pictures are not the best , i only have a dumb phone , an old digital cam and a half broken laptop.I will improve my pictures as i get the correct lighting and technique dialled in . i pollinated this plant with sensi seeds hindu kush , so i will grow a few of those out and hope for an improvement as an outcross even though its practically a backcross genetically ,lol. see how it turns out .

Attachments

• IMG_2432.JPG
    IMG_2432.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 400
  • IMG_2427.JPG
    IMG_2427.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 398
  • IMG_2421.JPG
    IMG_2421.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 396
Last edited:

shiva82

i have two rough looking oldtimer females mid flower , both different phenos , and a old timer male that smells like tropical fruit in a small 80 cm tent, along with a clone of the cheese and the peach that are at the beginning of flower and i'm hoping the male clone starts to flower soon and open pollinate everything . that will give me more stock of old timer, and some old timer x cheese and peach. The old timer will be good for the peach and allow me to identify haze dom offspring easily and in theory i should be able to find the most peach dominant male offspring to make a backcross to the peach again in the hope i get extra peach dom peach haze hybrids to grow out . Then lastly , i will be running utopia haze which is meant to be brazilian landrace , and iw ill use the same old timer male on the best utopia.That is all the seedmaking i will be doing for a couple of years apart from in my greenhouse for outdoor projects.From my small tent i'm hoping for more old timer seed, old timer x leb [both ways male and fem of each with using my greenhouse ], old timer x utopia, oldtimer x cheese, old timer x peach will hopefully be interesting to grow out .

Last edited:

goingrey

smoking a joint of silverhashplant88. easy problem free plant to grow, great smell like a citrus lime haze smell. Good resin content, large trichome size , good yield, just lacks in the high department.Gets me high , just doesnt last long . has zero body which i find weird considering its 75% indica in theory. I will be ditching it after next grow .Nice smoke, nice buds just not great. My pictures are not the best , i only have a dumb phone , an old digital cam and a half broken laptop.I will improve my pictures as i get the correct lighting and technique dialled in . i pollinated this plant with sensi seeds hindu kush , so i will grow a few of those out and hope for an improvement as an outcross even though its practically a backcross genetically ,lol. see how it turns out .
Maybe it would have been better if you let it go longer? Clear trichs everywhere...

HK cross should speed things up. Very fast flowering strain at least according to Sensi. Backcross, hmm, what is the lineage of silverhashplant88?

shiva82

goinggrey. i took the silverhashplant down when it was ready. at around 70 days , aweek longer than advertised. they were mainly milky and many ambers and at end of annual life . Its bodhi seeds, core cut x g13hashplant 88. it's just not that complex in high . very boring high . i should of worded it better.The hindu kush is heavily inbred and probably reproduced indoors in low populations for decades . the best female i had from a couple of packets was 10 weeks to flower. It makes a good p1 to try in my opinion for indoor seeds. thanks

Last edited:

goingrey

goinggrey. i took the silverhashplant down when it was ready. at around 70 days. mainly milky and many ambers and end of life . Its bodhi seeds, core cut x g13hashplant 88. it's just not that complex in high . very boring high . i should of worded it better.The hindu kush is heavily inbred and probably reproduced indoors in low populations for decades . the best female i had from a couple of packets was 10 weeks to flower. It makes a good p1 to try in my opinion for indoor seeds. thanks
10 weeks wow that's a lot longer than the 45-50 days they say.

Heavily inbred lines are good in crosses yeah, bring out that hybrid vigor.

shiva82

going grey. i chose hindukush to find a male . then i just pollen chucked the females i had available. no real route or plan other than to make more seed and stock of what i have and just test , so i can deduct what routes worked , what male was any good etc. i'm just running on trial and error method

Reactions: ost

shiva82

and yes, regarding the hk.it took alot longer than advertised. i was shocked myself, i even thought at one point it was a tikal seed that creeped in lol. the 8 weekers were a bit meh. the old timer male is my favourite male i have but again, i need to run the seeds and work out if it was a good selection. i'm taking the scenic routes and learning on the job. i wouldnt mind the thai ace is selling at the minute , looks incredicble, but i'm going to have to resist for a couple of years .

Last edited:

shiva82

in my loft is where i have been pollen chucking . it is probably the most unstable environment i could have but i have limited space and time and it's just a hobby . i use clones. I chop the males when they get too big and clone them just in case it turns out any good. I don't collect pollen i just throw in a clone and try judge the timing best i can . The plants go through alot of temperature changes and such being in such a hostile location, any hermies are terminated , even though it is my own pressures that can cause that. what i have are solid females ,,, touches wooden object. i have two phenos of old timer haze sharing a pot looking rough , a peach plant looking ok , a cheese ibl looking a bit shit , and i put in the lebanese i managed to clone before it autod on me . the leb i will have to keep a foirm eye on after the drastic drop in light hours , from outside in 17 hrs of light to 11 hrs in the pollen chucking tent.I think the key to keep leb happy is to decrease light slowly once it starts flowering. The male i have in there with them is a fruity smelling old timer haze, green pheno. I had a male from the green haze line too but i noticed a few mutations in its growth that i didnt desire for indoor.

Attachments

• IMG_2433.JPG
    IMG_2433.JPG
    2.2 MB · Views: 217
  • IMG_2434.JPG
    IMG_2434.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 226
  • IMG_2435.JPG
    IMG_2435.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 197
  • IMG_2440.JPG
    IMG_2440.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 198
  • IMG_2441.JPG
    IMG_2441.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 205
  • IMG_2442.JPG
    IMG_2442.JPG
    2.4 MB · Views: 238

shiva82

last joint of the evening . ssdd bodhi seeds. Not my cup of tea but a great pain reliever and a rosin monster . i will make some kief and kief rosin next week at some point .

Attachments

• IMG_2446.JPG
    IMG_2446.JPG
    2.5 MB · Views: 282
  • IMG_2458.JPG
    IMG_2458.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 288
  • IMG_2469.JPG
    IMG_2469.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 285

shiva82

some mixed afghan hashes pressed into rosin. maybe a year old now . very waxy and good in a bong hit or i rub a bit on my rizla paper prior to rolling a joint with it. Not often as i wake up with no motivation if i have too much.This is the last bit of it that i'm working my way through . no gadgets , just a bong and blowtorch job.

Attachments

• IMG_2476.JPG
    IMG_2476.JPG
    2.5 MB · Views: 219
  • IMG_2477.JPG
    IMG_2477.JPG
    2.2 MB · Views: 198
Last edited: