What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Shiva Grows

shiva82

i helped my cousin with his first grow in soil using just a mineral feed base nutrient and will keep training him. his next grow will be in coco and perlite . just canna a and b and cal mag sparingly if needed and a single only application of silicon in early veg .

Last edited:

Hasch

learning and laughing
his next grow will be in coco and perlite . just canna a and b and cal mag sparingly if needed and a single only application of silicon in early veg .
Have some questions as a beginner in coco. Hope it is ok to just ask here.:

You will keep the same nutrients during veg + flower?

I use a horsetail extractor as my silicon source (mix it with another extract and spray it on leaves). But foliar feeding during full flower is not recommended I assume?
(am looking for a solution to the nutrient lock out of my Jack)

shiva82

no , depends if it is a seedling , rooted clone . i use e.c and i progress and taper off. the only thing different i do is switch from canna a and b to a lighter npk base nutrient with less cal mag and nitrogen one week prior to a 2 week flush. the max e.c i go to is 1.2 -1.3 absolute max.

you don't need to foliar feed unless you have a root problem. i wash my plants leaves during veg , but never foliar in flower

silicon i use only once in early veg for plant defense and cellular strength. in natural soil you do not need it .

simplify and access what is wrong with the equation.

check the substrate, the water source and the grow room design . then keep it simple. Canna A and B has every micro and macro nutrient you need and specific to buffered coco.

in soil for example , my cousins first grow i just had him use canna terra flores only with light mix. nothing else. no veg feed either.he has better buds than mine .

Last edited:

shiva82

for example on dosing. this is not rigid or set in stone and is just one example.

with a photo period plant in coco using a and b only . i would start on 0.3 ec as seedling . after the second set of leaves i would then go to 0.7 ec. never over watering when young . Once the plant is established i keep them at an ec of 1 , and then third week of flower i would raise it to peak feed of 1.2 or 1.3 depending on strain, or even stay at 1 if the tips show me signs of over feeding. then i taper down at week 7 once the plant starts drinking less , and i turn my lights down a touch and maybe knock an hour off the time regimen too.3 weeks prior to harvest i switch to a low nitrogen , and lower cal mag base nutrient for one week and try judge the colour of my leaves as to the strength , usually just 0.7 ec again , and then i taper down as a flush for two weeks from 0.3 to zero

light , co2 , food

Last edited:

Hasch

learning and laughing
Thank you for sharing all that!
:oops:
I am now up to ec 2.2, since the Gorilla is said to be very hungry...
Many of the younger leaf tips are white/yellowish (they were burnt looking, then I reduced the N, but they still aren't healthy).
And the concept of watering almost every second day I'm still not acustomed to.

Am very greatful for all that input. Lots of food for thought
🙏

Do you notice a difference between weed grown in soil and in coco?
Taste? High?

Stay safe and have a great holiday season mate!

shiva82

there you go . this alternating with high ec feeds and fluctuations. 2.2 ec mineral based feed is too high. if it was organic matter that bacteria have to break down into a useable form then ok a high ec is meaningless in that case.

with coco and mineral feed , you always feed . with soil you feed the soil and not the plant.

i grow in dirt for myself , but can grow hydro in a way that is just as tasty

shiva82

try it the way i explained next round. start from scratch and list everything you plan on using and i will guide you from my chair

shiva82

stop over feeding and let the plant use its own stored starches and sugars during maturation

silica dose at early veg , soil usually has silica. beneficial bacteria is found in the coco naturaly but you can add some i suppose.... i would just stick with coco and not over feed and go from there

Last edited:

shiva82

just because a plant shows difficiencies , does not mean it is underfed

usually over watered and lacking oxygen in the root zone is common, then they get chlorosis and then they start feeeding more and leaves just fall off

weeds grow happily from a crack in a pavement

start a fresh and try the method i suggested and report back your findings .

Last edited:

shiva82

i grow in soil , and just upsize pot and use water. now and then i feed but hardly ever. i push them harder if my stash is low, my first grow was 25 years ago and was nft . i have grown every method i can think of and experimented many ways and failed many many times

Hasch

learning and laughing
try it the way i explained next round. start from scratch and list everything you plan on using and i will guide you from my chair
I missed that
Thank you for the offer! :good:

Will get back to you about it once this run is finishing. Maybe around Christmas I assume...

Latest posts

Latest posts