What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Shiva Grows

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Glad your parents gave you a good start and let you make your own decision. They knew the Lord our God has to teach each of us in different ways. And what do you know, you had some life experience and you haven't lost faith. God has his ways of showing us His ways. Life is full of decisions.

shiva82

my grandparents on one side were very strict prestbytarians and the other side catholic . my dad i think was athiest. he never mentioned religion, and my mother believes in god.church of scotland was quite hard core back in the day

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Same exact thing in my case pretty much! Grandparents are Catholic on mom's side and Baptist on dad's side. Dad and mom went to church up until the time I was in early high school. Then stopped. They are your average lukewarm christians, dad was a trustee and involved in church but never really talks about God. Mom has a little faith, may discuss God at times but the seed is choked out by thorns so the word becomes unfruitful.

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
A friend of mine's dad is a Baptist pastor and my friend has kept the faith even though his parents let him go his own way. Its been really good to talk to him trying to seek the face of God. Everyone has a measure of faith it seems. Its important not only to pray, but to pray with understanding of the scriptures and what God has spoke through all the prophets in times past. Its God's gift to humanity, He says, "I am who I am. "

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
He seemed like he had the faith, what a great role model and God gave him some amazing talant to prosper Jordan's way. Why do you say that?

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Having said that about my family, its been good to find truth on my own. I was blessed to have good friends growing up who discussed their particular faith and ideas of God and creation. The reggae worship music has been wonderful to give Jah praise. When my ex wife said she though we should start going back to church I was really hesitant, but after taking a couple bible study classes and doing no reading but only listening and studying during the class, I started to hear and see and understand God's Word.

shiva82

yahweh i think translates as , i am that i am

you mentioned basketball a few pages back and i finally thought about it haha.

it is how i operate

if anyone ever asked my father his faith , or anything personal, even if a family member he would reply "non of your business"

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Trying to get an answer. It says in my study Bible YHWH is traditionally Jehovah.

Exodus 3: 13-16NKJV

13 Then Moses said to God, “Indeed, when I come to the children of Israel and say to them, ‘The God of your fathers has sent me to you,’ and they say to me, ‘What is His name?’ what shall I say to them?”

14 And God said to Moses, “I AM WHO I AM.” And He said, “Thus you shall say to the children of Israel, ‘I AM has sent me to you.’ ” 15 Moreover God said to Moses, “Thus you shall say to the children of Israel: ‘The Lord God of your fathers, the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob, has sent me to you. This is My name forever, and this is My memorial to all generations.’ 16 Go and gather the elders of Israel together, and say to them, ‘The Lord God of your fathers, the God of Abraham, of Isaac, and of Jacob, appeared to me, saying, “I have surely visited you and seen what is done to you in Egypt;

Exodus 6:2 NKJV

2 And God spoke to Moses and said to him: “I am [a]the Lord. 3 I appeared to Abraham, to Isaac, and to Jacob, as God Almighty, but by My name Lord[b] I was not known to them.

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
So yeah you are correct it look like according to the website. I Am is YHWH also translated Lord or Jehova because they didn't know how to properly pronouce YHWH.

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Gods name is above all names no doubt. Have respect for your creator, the donkey knows his master, but man does not know his maker.

Isaiah 1:2-3 NKJV

Hear, O heavens, and give ear, O earth!
For the Lord has spoken:
“I have nourished and brought up children,
And they have rebelled against Me;
3 The ox knows its owner
And the donkey its master’s [a]crib;
But Israel does not know,
My people do not [b]consider.”

Last edited:

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
My brother and his wife I think still have separate bank accounts. Its not good to be prepared for divorce. I think you should be all in. You are not 2 people, but 1 now in your vows to eachother with God. Its really sacred.