What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Shipping & Handling!

F

Folate

I am getting refusals from Amazon and Ebay a lot these days for some of the bigger items I used to order from them semi-regularly. Sometimes you can "catch" them and get a good deal on S&H but not so much anymore or they downright refuse to ship the item!!!
How are my Alaskan peeps getting their gear sent to AK?
Do you have a favorite online Hydro Shop that works with you on S&H?
Any reasonable freight forwarder ideas?

I try and stay out of the shops due to not liking the personalities of those behind the counter.

Anybody have any good ideas? :tiphat:
Folate

ozman

I got my last lights from plantlightinghydroponics.com,dont know if they ship to alaska or not???also mite try htgsupply.com as well good prices and yada yada still dont know about shipping there...... Good luck

Last edited:

GrowerGoneWild

Veteran
I dunno.. whatcha ordering?..

I go to alaska mill and feed for nutrients...

Other stuff I fabricate or get from an electrical supply warehouse. fans from grainger etc..

I buy RW.. local.. thats about it. But I get a years supply at a time.

ApolloAK

You need to get signed up for prime. I've been able to get 80% of my gear through them all with free prime shipping

F

Folate

I waiver back and forth on Prime. More often than not, when I look to see if an item is "Prime Available" for Anchorageit is not, and even then I sometimes get an email after the purchase stating they fucked up and don't ship to AK. IDK

GrowerGoneWild

Veteran
I waiver back and forth on Prime. More often than not, when I look to see if an item is "Prime Available" for Anchorageit is not, and even then I sometimes get an email after the purchase stating they fucked up and don't ship to AK. IDK

I dunno, I even have to go to the hydro store for big truck freight items.

I'll have to say that southside garden supply has been pretty good to me.. I know you dodge the hydro shops but I think they are ok.

ApolloAK

I dunno, I even have to go to the hydro store for big truck freight items.

I'll have to say that southside garden supply has been pretty good to me.. I know you dodge the hydro shops but I think they are ok.

I don't like them. They try to push that shitty fake RSHO that's made out of hemp paste.

The only things I haven't been able to get off amazon were my flood tables. There are some things prime doesn't work for (treadmills, rugs, make up, dental picks) but all things grow I had no problem. I can find ballasts for $130 (1000w) and hoods are $75 for the 6" air cooled hoods. Hortilux bulbs are $65, all the hydro shops in Alaska will charge $130 for that same bulb. Amazon also has the best customer service, whenever I've had a problem they will usually give me a nice credit or even a full refund. When the local hydro store fucks up major they offer a $10 credit that's not even worth my time

F

Folate

Fuck it, I'll give prime a try for a year.

Regarding Southside. I stay away from the one on the southside! The other locations have ok customer service... They all push the silly stuff, and its important cut short the incessant droning in such a way that their feelings don't get hurt.

I'll report back in a few months about my luck with Prime.
Thanks for the input folks!
Folate

GrowerGoneWild

Veteran
I don't like them. They try to push that shitty fake RSHO that's made out of hemp paste.

The only things I haven't been able to get off amazon were my flood tables.

Thats what I was hinting at, the flood tables, or oversized hoods.

I dont feel any pressure, I know what I'm gonna buy before I'm walking into the store.

GrowerGoneWild

Veteran
Fuck it, I'll give prime a try for a year.

Regarding Southside. I stay away from the one on the southside! The other locations have ok customer service... They all push the silly stuff, and its important cut short the incessant droning in such a way that their feelings don't get hurt.

Yeah, that one on southside is bad.. totally just didn't care..

I try to stay away from the hydroshop but sometimes I just need a part, like... right now.

ApolloAK

Thats what I was hinting at, the flood tables, or oversized hoods.

I dont feel any pressure, I know what I'm gonna buy before I'm walking into the store.

You can get hoods off of amazon. Their 6" hoods are $75 and the 8" are $140, $100 cheaper than what I've seen at any of the hydro shops

F

Folate

Was there recently. I was looking at their 2-3lbs of epsom salts for $18. The guy couldn't really explain why, but they were different than other kinds of epsom salt...

Fuck hoods, go vertical!

F

Folate

I don't experience any of the drawbacks you've mentioned, get my GPW, and no hoods!
But I was just having a bit of fun.
To each their own!
BTW Apollo, is that a favorite strain of yours...?
F

ApolloAK

I don't experience any of the drawbacks you've mentioned, get my GPW, and no hoods!
But I was just having a bit of fun.
To each their own!
BTW Apollo, is that a favorite strain of yours...?
F

Never tried it actually, I just like greek mythology that's why I picked the name. My favorite strain is LSD, I've got pretty bad arthritis and it's the only thing that makes my hands feel normal again.

What's your favorite strain?

F

Folate

Right now its StarFighter from RareDankness, Lilly from Original Delicatessen, and C99f5? from PeakSeedsBC.
Which LSD are we talking about? BOGS?! Is it with SourBubble?
Apollo 11 I grew back in early 2k's. Great stuff. I think I like the Cindy better...?
Are you in SouthCentral?
F

ApolloAK

Right now its StarFighter from RareDankness, Lilly from Original Delicatessen, and C99f5? from PeakSeedsBC.
Which LSD are we talking about? BOGS?! Is it with SourBubble?
Apollo 11 I grew back in early 2k's. Great stuff. I think I like the Cindy better...?
Are you in SouthCentral?
F

I love RareDankness, I'm running some Karma Bitch right now from them.
The LSD is from Barney Farms, it's the Skunk#1 x Mazar.
I've been breeding a strain with some SourBubble in it, Key Lime Pie x Worbul
You on the Peninsula?

F

Folate

LosAnchorage
Our Rare Dankness shares a common mom.
Gonna take mine to 70 days.
Have you done others by RD?
I'm impressed and would like to sort thru more of their kush offerings.

ApolloAK

LosAnchorage
Our Rare Dankness shares a common mom.
Gonna take mine to 70 days.
Have you done others by RD?
I'm impressed and would like to sort thru more of their kush offerings.

I haven't this is the first stuff of their that I'm running. I've been running Barney Farms & DNA Genetics/Reserva Privada for a while and been a big fan. I used to run a lot clone only strains down in Cali but had to let them go when I moved. I really miss 3x Crazy

GrowerGoneWild

Veteran
You can get hoods off of amazon. Their 6" hoods are $75 and the 8" are $140, $100 cheaper than what I've seen at any of the hydro shops

I bought some hoods from them with shipping damage, little dents on the outside for way cheaper than you could buy online.