What's new

Sheriffs knocked on my door

jd4083

Veteran
I'm just glad you talked to an actual attorney instead of taking some of the half-cocked stoner logic in this thread to heart... best of luck :tiphat:

JointOperation

yup. thats another thing you might want to do. find a nice lawyer who loves bud.. payment is easier that way loll..

atleast for me it is!!!

inreplyavalon

breathe deep
Veteran
jhhhn no doubt you're kicking the knowledge. I'm downloading what you're uploading. Crystal fricking clear. Keep looking out for fellow freedom fighters, you're a service to the community. and that goes for the rest of you bunch too. Stand up peeps.

genedigger no doubt you meant well and it was something i should read. Just cause it put a little scare into me, doesn't mean i should not have read it.

I'm clean ociffer!

Crusader Rabbit

Veteran
That 2 lb of kief may now fall under a medical defense, but it would be a whole lot easier if it never gets found in the first place.

Epiphyte

Cops knocked on my door once. Within 24hrs, I cleared out my house and left that state. 10 years later that state has legal marijuana. Though here in Cali, I feel pretty free. But there are a few counties out here that scare me. Are you in a relative normalized place or a place like san diego or even Marin? Also, if they had a reason for a warrant, they would have brought one. And 2 months after your last pull? What on earth could they get a search warrant for? Definitely not your most recent months power bill or a infrared.
Good luck and I also think they aren't going to waste more resource in a state that has so many other problems without a definitive reason.

Jhhnn

Veteran
Cops knocked on my door once. Within 24hrs, I cleared out my house and left that state. 10 years later that state has legal marijuana. Though here in Cali, I feel pretty free. But there are a few counties out here that scare me. Are you in a relative normalized place or a place like san diego or even Marin? Also, if they had a reason for a warrant, they would have brought one. And 2 months after your last pull? What on earth could they get a search warrant for? Definitely not your most recent months power bill or a infrared.
Good luck and I also think they aren't going to waste more resource in a state that has so many other problems without a definitive reason.

Well, they obviously had some reason (God only knows) to come snurfling around. It's not like they go house to house asking the same questions.

From a distance, CA looks like an opportunity for cash croppers & a trick bag at the same time w/ different rules in different places & the DEA sticking their nose into it whenever they want.

I def admire the whatever it takes to grow in a kinda-sorta maybe legal I'll take my chances environment, but it's important to have an honest understanding of the potential downside & behave accordingly. Carelessness & mistakes can be costly.

Stealth & security matter, even here in CO where growing can be perfectly legal. What LEO doesn't know won't hurt 'em- the same applies to rippers everywhere. Don't be a target.

BTW- Smart move on your part, Epiphyte, very smart. I hear & read way too much chest puffing bullshit about how the cops can't do this or that, about standing up for your rights & etc. If you're illegal & they set their hearts on giving you the bone, they'll find a way. Bet on it. It might take years, but they'll find it.

spunion

The fact they were willing to disclose their investigation to the "investigated" without a warranty is either nice or stupid of them.

But damn, $1,000/mo?!! I know electricity is expensive in California, but just damn. It amazes me people will run over a dozen lights illicitly.

Yea. If I was doing anything on a grand scale and the cops come a tappy tappin it's better to cut bait then do the shackle shuffle for 5 years.

Epiphyte

spunion- $1000 is way less than a dozen lights here in Cali. PGE has a rate system for residential electricity. That's about 8-10,000watts plus equipment.

Kaskadian

Veteran
Just remember brother... if they were able to arrest you they wouldn't have bothered knocking first. Don't give these POS cops an inch because they will try to take a mile. As others have said, keep this location 100% legal and don't even give them a chance of causing you problems in the future.

In Oregon, the OMMP (medical) guidelines say that you're allowed 18 immature plants & 6 mature plants. Based on the guidelines set by OMMP an immature plant is no larger than 12" tall (or wide); so you better believe I keep my mums trimmed back to 10" or so. ;) Gotta stay safe legal or not brother.

Also good on you for seeking advice for a lawyer.

Kas

Latest posts

Latest posts