What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Share your recipe for Aercloner water

Ca++

While I don't use one, I would no doubt be using naphthlacetic acid. It's actually listed as a fungicide, but appears in products such as RootOne in the states. I seemed screwed in Europe. Baby Bio Roota having stopped.
Studies on different amounts and exposure time have been published, though not for pot.

I used it, or didn't bother. So far, nothing has replaced it, as I work my way though other products. All I used it for, was it's rot stopping. I knew this before I knew it was listed as such. Nothing is actually needed, but some added protection is a winner.

Next of the list I would put bleach. People using bleach get good results. I forget how much though.

Ca++

While domestic (thin unscented) bleach is sodium hypochlorite, pool treatments are generally calcium hypochlorite. A search term worth looking at.

Loc Dog

Hobbies include "drinkin', smokin' weed, and all k
Veteran
This is from Snype's tutorial. He was perfectionist -

Before I place any cuttings into the cloner, I make sure that the cloner is 100% sterile with Physan 20 or Bleach. If it is not, I give 6 treatments of Erythromycin for 6 days. Once my treatments are done and my cloner is rinsed out real well, I place new sprayers, tubing and neoprene and add 10 Gallons of tap water to the cloner.

After I add 10 Gallons of tap water, I add:

20 mL General Hydroponic FloraMicro
30 mL General Hydroponic FloraBloom
3 mL SuperTHRIVE
0.5 mL Clorox Bleach

I make sure to pH the solution to 6.0 after I add in all the above products.

linde

While domestic (thin unscented) bleach is sodium hypochlorite, pool treatments are generally calcium hypochlorite. A search term worth looking at.
I've got pool shock. Maybe I'll use a gram of that next time I clone in hot weather. I only have slime issues when water gets over 75°. Winter months in usually close to 100% success with just hormex, hydro peroxide and super thrive. Thanks for the tips

Ca++

I actually have no joy using h2o2, but only for the first 24 hours. After which it's useful. Not day 1 though.

I'm using blocks, but it seems h2o2 from the very start, inhibits root growth on quite a few.

10 gallons of tap in his cloner. How big is it? I would be temperature controlling that bad boy. I'm forever over 26c with cuts, and below that (77) I feel I am wasting my time. Yet here I see 70c doing great. Though 70 is a limitation. I would be interested in water cooling, to allow the unit to sit in a warmer room.

This sort of thing is just so common. Often on the used market, as it was sized for an outdated cpu
iu

That's perhaps 150w of cooling. Just add 12v psu and thermostat. Then pump water out the tank, through it, and back to the tank.

Loc Dog

Hobbies include "drinkin', smokin' weed, and all k
Veteran
I actually have no joy using h2o2, but only for the first 24 hours. After which it's useful. Not day 1 though.

I'm using blocks, but it seems h2o2 from the very start, inhibits root growth on quite a few.

10 gallons of tap in his cloner. How big is it? I would be temperature controlling that bad boy. I'm forever over 26c with cuts, and below that (77) I feel I am wasting my time. Yet here I see 70c doing great. Though 70 is a limitation. I would be interested in water cooling, to allow the unit to sit in a warmer room.

This sort of thing is just so common. Often on the used market, as it was sized for an outdated cpu
iu

That's perhaps 150w of cooling. Just add 12v psu and thermostat. Then pump water out the tank, through it, and back to the tank.
This is the tek. I use the rockwool section -

TheBlue

Attachments

• Screenshot_20231201_173542_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20231201_173542_Gallery.jpg
    574 KB · Views: 43
  • Screenshot_20231201_173547_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20231201_173547_Gallery.jpg
    577.9 KB · Views: 46
  • Screenshot_20231201_173550_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20231201_173550_Gallery.jpg
    670 KB · Views: 46

MedGrowerTom

Organic Dank Land
Veteran
Me too!! @MedGrowerTom put me onto this recipe early this year and I'll never look back. My pump is on a timer, being turned ON for 10 minutes followed by being OFF for 2 hours. DIY bucket cloner I made without following anyone's build.
me? roots? okay :) :)

here ya go (added the last one so you could get a better view of the cloner muah ha ha)

Attachments

• image_2120154.jpg
    image_2120154.jpg
    236.4 KB · Views: 48
  • image_2120153.jpg
    image_2120153.jpg
    172.1 KB · Views: 50
  • image_2120152.jpg
    image_2120152.jpg
    132.6 KB · Views: 47
  • image_2121418.jpg
    image_2121418.jpg
    170.6 KB · Views: 48
  • image_2121420.jpg
    image_2121420.jpg
    189.1 KB · Views: 46
  • image_2120155.jpg
    image_2120155.jpg
    162 KB · Views: 49
Last edited:

Jaken

Pretty simple question: just trying to take a wide survey of what people put in their aero-clone water.

Plain RO? Some hormex/clonex, light nutrients, bleach, h2o2, enzymes, microbes? Please share what and why
If I tell mine with asap roots will you go Patton it? I got some bad ass root in days

LostTribe

Premium user
A few notes. Been using aerocloner for many years. First off do not use h202 it can inhibit root growth. Always start with a fully bleached unit, run a decent amt of clorox unscented and plain water for 48 hours and scrub it out and rinse every reset.

I run RO
calmag to 180-200(500ppm scale) .4ec
add maxibloom up to .9ec (450 ppm at 500 scale)
ph to 5.8
add .1gram/10 gal =1ppm chlorine (54% cal hypo pool shock) shoot for 2ppm but no more than 5ppm (test strips are the way to go)
I also dip in clonex gel and let them chill in it for 10-15 min before firing up the unit.

I like that mix you guys with those huge roots are posting and will elaborate on it a bit. The clonex solution does not have any IBA in it. Clonex solution is a salt based nutrient solution (mostly water) with added B1. (Loc dog is bascially using the same thing with his lucas and superthrive(B1). The hormex probably has IBA in it. That is what I am going to try next. Will try to report back. Superthrive and the hormex/iba and any lucas based salt fert a bit of chlroine/bleach. With the clonex solution you are mostly buying water, I looked at it last trip to the shop but went with the gel after finding no IBA in it. You can water down the gel but I think an IBA solution is better. I did the gel watered down only down side was purple tinted roots! Nice thread!

Root temps, get a short cycle timer run 5 min on 5 off if its a hot environment or summer. In cold you might run it 247 to keep it up. I have longer rooting times in colder times of the year and go 247. Summer is 5on 5off. The first day you might run 247 no matter what or you may experience wilting, but after 24 hours go to the timer.

I have better luck with RO/calmag/lucas vs RO/lucas. Kevin Jodrey said that the plants only require Calcium to root which might be why I get better success and thicker roots with the calmag recipe. Is that what @slownickel is pushing as well? They will yellow if you don't add some NPK. Usually you will see some yellowing when they are just about to shoot roots, the NPK will assist in initial recovery and growth.

Last edited:

StickyBandit

I've gone back to the old coco method wet with standard nutes @1.0EC in a clear plastic container with loosely fitting lid, getting great results!

LostTribe

Premium user
So I'm the only one using plain tap water?

Not the fastest results but most plants get roots.
I get either 100% or nothing. Usually its 100% on an occassional try there has been some issues that are unknown but usually 100.

They only need Calcium to root. But if you don't have NPK/micros in there they wont flourish once roots pop and you want them to flourish.

RO
Calmag to 180 ppm (500scale =.36ec)
maxibloom or any other flowering salt based nute up to 400-450ppm (500 scale = .8-.9 ec)
sometimes a dash of silica blast
recently using clear rez diy prior it was dm zone, but I prefer the pool shock/chlorine.
No h202 it can hinder root development.

If its cold let the pump spray 24/7 if its hot set up a short cycle timer and run 2min on/5 min off to cool rez temp. You dont want it cold though.
ph-5.7 and leave it until they root. Don't so much as open it to check the water for 2w plus.