What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Share Your 2022 Guerilla Plans, Strains and Tips.

TychoMonolyth

Boreal Curing
Thanks for letting me know tycho! Will do. Funny you mention the miracle gro- i just picked up a version of that for 2$ a pound last week great to know i can use it. Gonna topdress some organic granular ferts too i think. Do i still need to wait until 2 weeks after emergence to feed outdoors too or can i feed right away low strength? Gonna be visiting every week or 5 days most likely.

Wait 2 or even 3 weeks. The seed itself has food for 2 weeks, plus the little food in the soil. While it may look like there isn't any action on top, be assured there's lots underground. Seedlings will establish their roots first, then they'll veg.

I can't say this enough. Cage your seedlings/plants.
1651745297445.png

dirty-joe

Chicken manure pellets are also a great amendment. You can drop a cup in and around your hole when you plant.
I've never seen that before, but my local Canadian Tire has 32 in stock...Yeah!

Good news, some of my 2019 seeds have sprouted, about 30% (8 out of 25) at 4 days. There was 9, the first one to pop, barely stuck out a root, then quit. I hope the others have enough strength to get above ground. Just for good measure I put on 30 more. I want some fresh seed this year. I see some green crack X early weed coming. I must start keeping seed in the fridge too, supposed to last a decade that way.

Last edited:

TychoMonolyth

Boreal Curing
I always start a lot and keep the best at two weeks, then again at 4 weeks. The rest go in the burn pit.

I'll pick a couple spots far and away and do seed runs of Regular and Female Raspberry Beret from 7EastGenetics. It's a little airy for an indica hybrid, but it's such a nice flower.
1651760407455.png

laszlokovacs

Thanks for all the help guys I really appreciate it! Tycho that raspberry beret does look beautiful!! All my photoperiods planned for outdoors this year are from 7east genetics, almost bought the raspberet but decided on others. I popped 2x of The Kraken, Grape Dragon, Palestinian Princess, Headstrong x Blurryface, + Gods Plan just about two weeks ago and a female cherry dragon is the only plant ive transplanted outdoors so far.

Didnt even think about slugs- whats the consensus on coffee grounds as slug repellent? I guess otherwise itd be beer traps but heard they dont like coffee. As for the cages- is that 1.5/2ft chicken wire in the pic or what? Guess ill buy some it seems reasonably cheap enough

dirty-joe

Didnt even think about slugs- whats the consensus on coffee grounds as slug repellent? I guess otherwise itd be beer traps but heard they dont like coffee.
Repellents, deterrents, like the famous egg shells (broken glass, asphalt shingles, other rough stuff, oh and copper wire) don't work, go ahead and get the "medicine". I call it medicine, because it "fixes them right up", but good.

The beer traps, I've never tried, but hear they work quite well. I'd still go slug bait, and maybe drink the beer.

You may live in a dry enough area that slugs won't be a problem, but I've had them at every guerilla patch that I ever had, except the one in a gravel pit where there was little to no vegetation.

The chicken wire is probably 2 foot, as is a "standard" size. As far as I know it comes in 2,3,and 4 foot heights.

dirty-joe

Day 16, up potted to 2 liter containers, and should have done it two days sooner, some roots had half circled the bottom of 18oz solos.
Would have also liked to use 2 gallon pots, but just didn't have the room, always a compromise.
Largest one is 7 inches wide, and has baby branches.
IMG_3210.JPG
IMG_3211.JPG

If the forecast holds, these are going to start getting some sun on the 12th.

laszlokovacs

Direct sowed most of these 4/20, a few about a week later- the last one broke soil 2 days ago. Not much space to play with but hoping the small 5oz yogurt containers help show sex sooner. Gonna have to spend the week getting chicken wire/stakes/slug bait/some more fertilizer maybe. I have plenty of neptunes harvest, synthetics, organic granular ferts + a tiny bit of my own compost so I think im mostly set after that! Weathers heating up big time but Probably will have to wait a few more weeks cuz im not quite ready to put these out.
IMG_2685.JPG

hamstring

Veteran
Repellents, deterrents, like the famous egg shells (broken glass, asphalt shingles, other rough stuff, oh and copper wire) don't work, go ahead and get the "medicine". I call it medicine, because it "fixes them right up", but good.

The beer traps, I've never tried, but hear they work quite well. I'd still go slug bait, and maybe drink the beer.

You may live in a dry enough area that slugs won't be a problem, but I've had them at every guerilla patch that I ever had, except the one in a gravel pit where there was little to no vegetation.

The chicken wire is probably 2 foot, as is a "standard" size. As far as I know it comes in 2,3,and 4 foot heights.
I tried beer traps just once, never again. The raccoons destroyed my cold frame getting at the beer leaving seedlings strewn all over. Maybe in a garden but not in the bush.

laszlokovacs

Looking good. Whos the breeder on that green crack? I dont see much of it anywhere nowadays but im only really aware of the clone version, wondering if they got a good seed version.

Got lucky today and found a whole bunch of used hardware cloth most of it about 3ft tall 1/2 inch mesh that someone was throwing out. Unluckily I ordered 50ft of 2ft chicken wire 2inch mesh yesterday that will come tomorrow. Since I have the option between the two what do you guys recommend?

dirty-joe

Looking good. Whos the breeder on that green crack? I dont see much of it anywhere nowadays but im only really aware of the clone version, wondering if they got a good seed version.
Who's the breeder, well, love to tell, but as you "should know" this website is very "controlling"
You can PM Me.

Latest posts

Latest posts