What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Share Your 2022 Guerilla Plans, Strains and Tips.

Swamp Thang

Veteran
Hamstring this breakdown of the chemical warfare that farmers use makes for sobering reading. In this forum, I've also seen descriptions of the chemicals used by cannabis farmers to control fungus, pests, and mold, all of which strengthen my resolve to grow my own supply organically or simply quit consuming cannabis if and when growing my own becomes too risky.

A few years ago I smoked a joint of some dispensary-bought weed in the Los Angeles area, and right away I realized that the bud was laced with a truly insidious and toxic chemical of some sort. My body temperature rose dramatically, my breathing became labored, I developed an alarming "pins and needles" sensation in my limbs and was hit by waves of nausea that got so bad I nearly phoned 911 in utter panic. After that incident, I vowed never to partake of any weed that I did not personally grow, regardless of the quality control measures that are claimed to be employed by the grower or supplier.

TychoMonolyth

Boreal Curing
The main reasons I grow my own is to supply my kids (25-32). Regulations are pretty tight here at the LP level (ahem), but at the dispensary? Money talks.

Selling in a dispensary is like selling cheese sandwiches at the fair. "$5 a bag, twenties only, no change."

Swamp Thang

Veteran
The main reasons I grow my own is to supply my kids (25-32). Regulations are pretty tight here at the LP level (ahem), but at the dispensary? Money talks.

Selling in a dispensary is like selling cheese sandwiches at the fair. "$5 a bag, twenties only, no change."

Sir, you have my vote for The Coolest Dad ever.

dirty-joe

Plan coming together,
To satisfy my sativa itch, I decided on Green Crack (arrived yesterday). I never tried it before, but read nothing but good stuff about it. Anyone with first hand opinions of the strain, please share. I just need to figure when I should start them, thinking no more than 6 weeks before may 24.
And I'll probably have some early finishers, Scotian Gold (GG3 X dinafem WWxxl auto) that will completely finish by end of Aug. I need some fresh seeds from them.

Sometimes plans change, but that is the plan as of now.
A couple of pics. of the Scotian Gold from 2018 in the woods. Last pic, had 3-4 of it's lower branches chewed off.
IMG_3197.JPG

IMG_2308.JPG

IMG_2352.JPG

hamstring

Veteran
I lived on a farm until I was in second grade. I grew up in a small farm town of 900 people. We had a tractor day when all the farmers kids drove their tractors to school. Kids missed classes during harvest season. I had many Ag classes in my high school, it was just part of life. My dad worked two jobs and his second job was a hired hand on a farm. He got off of work at 2:30 we ate dinner at 3:30 and he went to work on the farm at 4:00. Got up a 4:00am and did all over again every day. Man, people are weak asses any more and I include myself in that statement.

Almost all of my friends were famers, some of the unlucky ones were dairy farmers heheehe. Any dairy farmers can tell you why. We used to get payed to cut corn out of soybean fields. Now its all done with chemicals.

A good farmer spends a lot of time inspecting his fields and quads have made it even easier then back in the stone ages when I was a kid. I know many guerrilla growers are successful with this technique of growing but because of my knowledge of farmers I was too hesitant to try it.

My dad spent much of his life spraying chemical shit on/in corn and bean fields. Most people don't understand a corn field is a chemically induced desert, not even a f***ing worm lives in the soil. It always makes my blood boil when some city slicker ( I am one of those) drives into the area where I used to live and says," Its so beautiful out here with all the green spaces." You don't know what the F*** are you talking about buddy. You are looking at a desert. There is no life in those fields.

Swamp Thang

Veteran
I lived on a farm until I was in second grade. I grew up in a small farm town of 900 people. We had a tractor day when all the farmers kids drove their tractors to school. Kids missed classes during harvest season. I had many Ag classes in my high school, it was just part of life. My dad worked two jobs and his second job was a hired hand on a farm. He got off of work at 2:30 we ate dinner at 3:30 and he went to work on the farm at 4:00. Got up a 4:00am and did all over again every day. Man, people are weak asses any more and I include myself in that statement.

Almost all of my friends were famers, some of the unlucky ones were dairy farmers heheehe. Any dairy farmers can tell you why. We used to get payed to cut corn out of soybean fields. Now its all done with chemicals.

A good farmer spends a lot of time inspecting his fields and quads have made it even easier then back in the stone ages when I was a kid. I know many people are successful with this technique but because of my knowledge of farmers I was too hesitant to try it.

My dad spent much of his life spraying shit on/in corn an bean fields. Most people don't understand a corn field is a chemically induced desert, not even a fucking worm lives in the soil. It always makes my blood boil when some city slicker ( I am one of those) drives into the area where I used to live and says," Its so beautiful out here with all the green spaces." You don't know what the F*** are you talking about buddy. You are looking at a desert. There is no life in those fields.

Your recollections brought back some fond memories for me. The first vehicle I learned to drive aged nine years old was a Massey Ferguson 135 farm tractor. Took me a good while to learn how to reverse with a trailer attached, because the steering inputs are reversed from what a car driver might expect.

Still am a country boy at heart, as the old song goes, and while I do enjoy visiting the city every once in a while, I only feel grounded way out in the boonies where the pace of life is slower. I can hear wild monkeys where I live, calling back and forth through the treetops as dusk approaches, and that sure beats the sound of sirens and police helicopters any day. Apologies for the minor digression from the subject here.

zaprjaques

I'm gonna try to make it work in a nearby forest. this year, i bought some auto seeds, GHS Green-o-matic and DP Autoduck. Also some packs of stinging nettles, a big variety that i'm going to use to prep the spots with, also there are blackberry bushes around.
The green-o-matics are supposed to finish really fast, and if it goes well i will plant a Landrace cross i made after they finish in july.
TRSC Manipuri x ACE Lebanese.
I had a Manipuri pollenated by the Lebanese, but the Manipuri went intersex, so planting them outside wont hurt perhaps. The Lebanese is semi autoflowering so they should start to flower pretty soon. Probably wont finish in my climate but i dont care.

Swamp Thang

Veteran
I'm gonna try to make it work in a nearby forest. this year, i bought some auto seeds, GHS Green-o-matic and DP Autoduck. Also some packs of stinging nettles, a big variety that i'm going to use to prep the spots with, also there are blackberry bushes around.
The green-o-matics are supposed to finish really fast, and if it goes well i will plant a Landrace cross i made after they finish in july.
TRSC Manipuri x ACE Lebanese.
I had a Manipuri pollenated by the Lebanese, but the Manipuri went intersex, so planting them outside wont hurt perhaps. The Lebanese is semi autoflowering so they should start to flower pretty soon. Probably wont finish in my climate but i dont care.

Wow, I never heard of stinging nettle seeds being sold, and also never heard of anyone planting them as a stealthy barrier for a grow. That is a very innovative idea that will blend in with nature perfectly. A grow surrounded by a thicket of nettles will keep all pests away, both of the two-legged and four-legged varieties.

zaprjaques

Wow, I never heard of stinging nettle seeds being sold, and also never heard of anyone planting them as a stealthy barrier for a grow. That is a very innovative idea that will blend in with nature perfectly. A grow surrounded by a thicket of nettles will keep all pests away, both of the two-legged and four-legged varieties.

We will see about that, nettles are a big source of food for the local butterflies while theyre still caterpillars, hope they wont start eating my herb too :D.
Nettles are pretty invasive, spreading throuhh a rhizome and also have a good frost resistance.
Once planted they should come back bigger every year.

The Auto Ducks should be blendin in nicely.
While the green-o-matics will stay very short and are easily hidden.

Ps:
Those Nettles can get around 10ft tall under optimum conditions. And you can use them as fertilizer and eat them too :D

Last edited:

TychoMonolyth

Boreal Curing
Nettles spread like the clap here. Just can't get rid of them. I have to spray around the house and buildings every year. Some still survive the onslaught, so I pull out the gloves and cull about every 3 weeks. Last thing I want is to plant more.

St. Phatty

So far I've spent about 10 days burning blackberries near the house.

So that there is less to cut.

Today I will probably do some cutting, in the areas that were burned.

REMINDER I NEED - plant my 2021 seeds ! :groupwave:

zaprjaques

you know how the saying goes, one mans nettles and blackberries are another mans pain in the ass.
its not somebodys property where i will plant, would never do that. i'm more concerned about those people who collect nettles and blackberries for eating purposes cause they both are delicious.
hope it will go well, i dont plan to go there often. and i dont necesssarily need that grow, its just for fun.
if its ok i will post some pics once it starts to look like something.

TychoMonolyth

Boreal Curing
you know how the saying goes, one mans nettles and blackberries are another mans pain in the ass.
its not somebodys property where i will plant, would never do that. i'm more concerned about those people who collect nettles and blackberries for eating purposes cause they both are delicious.
hope it will go well, i dont plan to go there often. and i dont necesssarily need that grow, its just for fun.
if its ok i will post some pics once it starts to look like something.

Absolutely. As a member of ICMag, it's your duty.

batman.png

Douglas.Curtis

Autistic Diplomat in Training
Rabbit manure.

Lightweight, easy to handle little balls, low smell, conditions soil, increases water retention and terps, has 4 times npk of cow manure, 2 times that of chicken, and you can make it 60% of your soil mix without a single worry about burning.

Fascinating how much trouble and expense it takes to keep plants healthy in a tilled and sterile field.

Douglas.Curtis

Autistic Diplomat in Training
Most definitely, and it makes a great mulch at the same time. (Edit: the following is more likely useful for pest repellant, not an actual insecticide) During veg you can also use the urine as an insecticide due to the high potassium and other good stuff. You can look up various dilution recipes online.

Rabbits are definitely not what I expected, they're ridiculously cute (especially when yawning), low smell, low noise, low mess (with a good system in place), moderate to low maint, and the largest expense is cages and gear. A good breeding pair should be a decent chunk of change for healthy genetics.

Mine are for meat, fur, npk, bone char and laughs. Very social animals.

Wondering why most organic growers do not keep rabbits. Even a couple pet rabbits produce plenty of urine/manure for a small grow.

Be kind, make sure you do a lot of research from breeder sources because a lot of pet owner info will kill your rabbit. Oops.

Last edited:

zaprjaques

Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot_20220315-132127.png Views:	0 Size:	532.8 KB ID:	18099056
So thats what nettle seeds look like....
Package says enough for 100 plants. And i have 3 of them. Oh boy...

Last edited:

Petrochemical

Did you know that one cigarette butt contamjnatess 10 gallons of water so no and phibian can live in it? Did you also know that people that smoke cigarettes with regularity should never handle frogs and fish because the nicotine will kill them too bad cigarette butts would poison your plants huh

Latest posts

Latest posts