What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Setting extraction fan

egz91

Hi guys,
I have a doubt on how to set my extraction fan
When my 205w led is full power with 100w cob and
100w bloom boosters on temps in tend arrive at 28 degrees Celsius with extractor not attached to filter
Instead when I use filter temps arrive to 29 30
But if I don't use filter air gets changed much faster and humidifier as to be filled much more.
I do you do it?

Try pushing cool air in rather than pulling hot air out. I know it sounds silly, but you should be able to maintain higher RH this way.

egz91

Yes maybe now is not a problem being wintertime....big problem will be in summer!! Will certainly mount ac!!!

egz91

I have a 180 cubic meter per hour extraction fan
When is not attached it seems to work well but when attached to filter it seems to stop sucking air out ...maybe it is just the way it has to be but to me it seems is not working well....that's why I am always changing on and off that filter!!! Tent size is 80cmx80cmx160cm so the air passivly taken in by extraction fan should be enough also with filter? I don't know thought that ambient controlwould be the easiest part but if is not it should be constant but it is pretty hard too keep it dialed in!!!

f-e

Mentor
Veteran
It sounds like you have an axial fan. They are a bad taste joke. Centrifugal fans are for pushing against a resistance.

Cmoon

The filter creates resistance even in perfect condition, if its been used in high humidity situations the carbon can water log and a nightmare to dry out giving even more resitance.