What's new

Sensi's "California Indica"

Sensi's "California Indica"

This stuff was a pleasant suprise. Its some type of "Cali O" crossed with Hashplant and NL. Out of 15 seeds (for $45... nice price *smiles*) had 12 germ and ended up with 8 ladies. The seedlings were funky looking... lots of mutant leaves, some flat stems... looked like junk in veg. Grew them in soil under a 250MH (summertime... had to keep the heat down), flowered six of em under a 430hps "eye", in 10" (2.5 gallon pots) at 40 days. Started at around 12" topped... ended up with 24" bushes. Despite the Sensi claim of 45-50 days... these babies finished between 58 - 65 days.

A HUGE "plus" for these... they have almost No Smell! This is great for small "stealth" type of growing. Suspect they would do well in lower light situations. By the way, and funky "looks" to them worked itself out. They had a lot of deep green leaf.... thought there wasn't going to be much bud... so was very happy when manicured and cured...... and found that they yeilded just less than 375 grams. From a 430 in soil... was thrilled with that harvest.

The smoke is very good. Flavor was more "orange" and much sweeter than described by Sensi. Its couch lock pot for sure... but leaves one feeling quite "cozy". Its not the "Holy Grail" of MJ... but is very tasty pot, with a nice "stoned to the bones" affect... "warm and fuzzy" feelings abound. Friends thought it was "fantastic"... and their eyes light up when they take a look at some of the buds. For $45/15 seeds... 100 days from germination to harvest....great taste, potent stone... *shrugs* hard to knock this stuff.
Will give it a solid "B".... and will no doubt grow it again when it gets too warm to run all the lights used to grow sativas. okies? *waves bye* Akiko

G

Nice review, Tolteca Empire.

Thanks for sharing it with us... I'm looking for a nice "orange" strain.

*waves HIGH! to Maistre* Thank you for the positive vibes. If its any help to you, have grown many "cali O" 's... adore the orange flavor. Never grew DP's version... friends told me that it wasnt that hot. Have grown HGF's, FD's "Royal Orange, Nirvana's and more recently Rez's Orange Apollo. (also have a group of Orange Apollo going into the flower room early Feb.).

Overall found Rez's to be the best tasting of the bunch... A+ for flavor. Enjoy the "high" better than from the other oranges too... but then I enjoy sativas much more than indicas. *shrugs* It is in my opinion, true world class smoke.

Flying Dutchman's "Royal Orange" is tasty too... just never found one that was potent enough to bother with. Close... but not my choice...

If price is an issue... Nirvana's gets the job done. You will get three or four different phenos (which can be fun). I grew a "sativa like" pheno for a couple of years. Yeilded pretty well too. Could have been a lot more potent tho... hence the switch to Rez's OA. okies? *waves bye* Akiko

G

Hey... thanks man for the additional info... Orange Apollo is on my to buy list for sure. I too have heard great things about it... and I know you can't go wrong with Rez's genetics. I'm germing a few of his DSD v2 as we speak.

G

Tolteca, again fantastic work. This is exactly what I'm looking for in smoke reports. I can tell by your 'voice' how you feel about each strain. There's a human element in your reports that is just fantastic. The comparisons between all the oranges is icing on the cake. And if you don't mind pls put up a report on the Orange Opollo. Smokey.

G

I love these "freeform" reports as the "standard" report is way too limiting..

If i had to say something negative; the reports could be just a tad bit more longer - like 20-40%.

Other than that.. Great report! :)

G

TE, I grew some quite a few years back outdoors and it was delicious.
I highly recommend her. Your report is right on bro, but I'd go as far as giving her a B+
Cali_indica.jpg

Cal_Indica.jpg

MrDank

Veteran
I grew Sensi's Cali Indica and it was a nice bushy stout growing plant. I did give a friend many clones of it and they did good out doors

*waves HIGH!* so sorry.... didnt see that anyone had posted here. Stoner here *raises hand* duhhhh.... need to check page #2. *hangs head*

Budular> That is one pretty bud... *smiles* and outdoors too! (always better, if you can) Won't argue with your "B+" rating.... its good stuff, thats for sure... Thank you very much for posting the photos. Best success to you.

Thanks everyone for the positive feedback... makes me want to go smoke something else and write a few more reports. *grins* and I need such encouragement! hee hee hee *waves aloha to everyone* Akiko