What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Sensi star

Im'One

Wow...just for giggles I went in a new dispensary and looked things over. I bought some "Durban" and some Sensi Star. I knew it was old school and thought I might like it.
The Durban sucked ass. I'm not sure how Durban is supposed to feel but I was mildly drunk with a body buzz and nothing cerebral or speedy about it at all. I smoked it in the morning and felt shitty for about two hours
That night I tried the sensi star. It was advertised at 27%thc. I think it was.
I loved it.
It was cerebral and disorienting, almost trippy in its effect. After laying in bed enjoying watching a candle burn for about two hours I dozed off and slept all night.
I medicate for many things. Acid reflux, tremors or muscle spasms left from a tardive dtskenia type episode I had a few years ago, and my insomnia, neck pain and shoulder pain.
The sensi star reminded me of my favorite...island sweet skunk. Sensi was more cerebral and mind warping, I was more "high'...like the ISS it didn't help my acid reflux that much and the next day I had some tremors and twitches. After a day of resting and naps they are gone. Some strains are better for the acid reflux some are better at managing pain..others help me with the muscle spasms. At any rate...
Sensi star is some good shit.
Not a lot of flavor or smell, in fact it's easy to smoke too much and cough.
I like it.

Last edited:

Dirt Life

Veteran
Sensi star... that's one that seems to lurk around but nobody really works much with it. I grew Delta 9 Labs Super Star and found a plant with a crazy, disassociated high, tasted like chemical lemons, and smelled like sweet pesticide.. your post kind of reminded me about the high. I do have a line which had the Deathstar used in it, but other than that, that's really it for SS. And speaking of Deathstar, that's really the only thing you hear or see about when it comes to Sensi Star nowadays.
:chin:

Dirt Life

Veteran
For shits and giggles, here's Delta 9 Labs Super Star, circa 2016.

picture(5).jpg

picture(4).jpg

picture(6).jpg

Wouldn't mind growing out some good Sensi Star, or Super Star for that matter... that high combined with a great haze high?!? Oh yeah...

goingrey

Sensi star... that's one that seems to lurk around but nobody really works much with it. I grew Delta 9 Labs Super Star and found a plant with a crazy, disassociated high, tasted like chemical lemons, and smelled like sweet pesticide.. your post kind of reminded me about the high. I do have a line which had the Deathstar used in it, but other than that, that's really it for SS. And speaking of Deathstar, that's really the only thing you hear or see about when it comes to Sensi Star nowadays.
:chin:

Sensi Star is (and always was) a Paradise Seeds strain. It's still in their lineup. But feminized only nowadays so it can't be exactly the same as back in 1995.

Dirt Life

Veteran
So, just chatted with Ed Borg of Delta 9 Labs, what a nice guy he is. Super Star is available through his site, and, I will be receiving 2 packs from him! Fantastic! That's what I really wanted in the first place! I WILL find that pheno again.

:yummy:

Shua1991

So, just chatted with Ed Borg of Delta 9 Labs, what a nice guy he is. Super Star is available through his site, and, I will be receiving 2 packs from him! Fantastic! That's what I really wanted in the first place! I WILL find that pheno again.

How did these turn out?

coxnox

Veteran

it's not the same as paradise, his super sensi is a way more sativa.

Dirt Life

Veteran
Hey Shua1991 and coxnox! Thanks for asking @Shua1991... it never happened. I contacted him in purchasing some Super Star in the states, and he emailed me back, very nice, cool dude to speak to... but, IMO, when he realized I was looking for just a few packs of SS instead of, say, somebody who was starting a seed bank and wanted to purchase a grip of beans for retail, he kind of stopped responding.

No complaints on my part, it's all good. I understood. Since then I've gotten some leads on it being available in the continental U.S., but, kinda moved on. Fond memories come and go, and it went. 🙂

Yes, I definitely agree with you, @coxnox... it is Sensi Star, but selected more towards the sativa side... she really did have a unique high... I said trippy in my description above, but, the better term for it would be dissociative. 😵‍💫

Edit - Nvrmd.. I think I was talking about the famous pheno of Sensi Star?? I'm not sure... either way, Delta 9 was not really trippy, more inner-soul high...

Last edited:

Shua1991

it's not the same as paradise, his super sensi is a way more sativa.
IMO they are better, the more sativa phenotypes generally had longer duration of effects, like 2hrs or more.
Hey Shua1991 and coxnox! Thanks for asking @Shua1991... it never happened. I contacted him in purchasing some Super Star in the states, and he emailed me back, very nice, cool dude to speak to... but, IMO, when he realized I was looking for just a few packs of SS instead of, say, somebody who was starting a seed bank and wanted to purchase a grip of beans for retail, he kind of stopped responding.

No complaints on my part, it's all good. I understood. Since then I've gotten some leads on it being available in the continental U.S., but, kinda moved on. Fond memories come and go, and it went. 🙂

Yes, I definitely agree with you, @coxnox... it is Sensi Star, but selected more towards the sativa side... she really did have a unique high... I said trippy in my description above, but, the better term for it would be dissociative. 😵‍💫

Edit - Nvrmd.. I think I was talking about the famous pheno of Sensi Star?? I'm not sure... either way, Delta 9 was not really trippy, more inner-soul high...
I haven't bought Delta 9 Labs gear in iver half a decade, it was his "mekong haze", which wasn't a haze(😂 ) it was a Cambodian landrace which provided 0% germination, virtually everyone who bought the seeds agreed- they were unviable. If I could get more of these seeds and make f2's in the future I would. Personally I have no qualms reselling f2's from a breeder that doesn't follow through on their word(pay this, get that).

Last edited: