What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Seem to be having a reoccurring issue when my plants begin to flower. Will provide as much detail as I can.

Growdo Baggins

Growing in Ffof soil and using ff trio plus powdered flowering nutrients. Following their schedule and adding fulvic and PowerSi.

I'm all about doing my research and will be researching and reading until I get this figured out. I don't usually get too concerned when I see a few deaf leaves but this seems like a pattern. I'm about a week into flower. Around the same time last grow I was getting the same thing I'm getting now which is lower leaves dying. Last time they def yellowed out slowly and died. This time the only difference I can see is that the same amount of leaves in the same areas are dying but these seem to be happening much faster. Not much yellowing, but black edges. They come right off when pulled. Minus last grow if I just focus on what's growing now I would think maybe a K deficiency based on the little I've read so far. Bc of how it's dying, the fact that I haven't added much K yet, but that's all I've really got so far. My temps and rh are good, my watering is good as far as I know. Last grow I believe I was under watering through flower. I was told they don't need to completely dry out when they're in flower. Maybe 80% dry. Any info I could give just let me know. Here's some pics. I had already pulled about 4-5 leaves off before I took the pics.
20221121_191404.jpg
20221121_191407.jpg
20221122_185411.jpg
20221122_185357.jpg
20221122_185633.jpg
20221122_185638.jpg
20221122_185645.jpg
20221122_190103.jpg
20221122_190118.jpg

Creeperpark

Mentor
Veteran
It's a water transpiration matter which is governed by too little or too much water or infrequent watering. The biggest difference between the two is that too little water will result in your plant's leaves feeling dry and crispy to the touch while too much water results in soft and limp leaves.😎

Creeperpark

Mentor
Veteran
Over-watered plant leaves swell 😎

Water pressure will begin to build in the cells of plant leaves when the roots absorb more water than they can use. Plant cells eventually die and burst, forming blisters and areas that look like lesions on the plant.

What causes a plant cell to swell?
Plant cells have high concentrations of molecules dissolved in their cytoplasm, which causes water to come into the cell under normal conditions and makes the cell's central vacuole swell and press against the cell wall. Google

Creeperpark

Mentor
Veteran
When you have a wet rainy spell say for 4 days the humidity will rise and stay high outdoors. On those kinds of days, you should hold your water intake down lower indoors. The water can't transpire out of the stomata when the air is full of moisture. If you water on days when the plant can't transpire the cell in the tissue can get damaged. 😎

jackspratt61

That's P guy. Now to figure out why. I see red midribs on dark leaves. I see signs of high ec or perhaps the media is high in sodium or K.First couple weeks of flower should focus on calcium and p if needed and metals to push roots.