What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Seeking a Blissful Wizard

moose eater

I've had some interest in Blissful Wizard for several years now, and in searching the interwebs this evening, I found ONE outlet via Alchimia Grow Shop for The Captain's Connection, who apparently offers several varieties or breeding outcomes that involve some aspect of Blissful Wizard.

Anyone familiar with Alchimia Grow Shop (I believe they were formerly a vendor here), or any other reputable sources for this specific strain/plant? Looking for reputable Blissful Wizard seeds, regular (not femmed or autos).

Thanks in advance.

S

sallyforthDeleted member 75382

Yes the Seedbank is very good and reliable. I think they have Blissful Wizard F2’s.

moose eater

Yes the Seedbank is very good and reliable. I think they have Blissful Wizard F2’s.

When they say they offer 'discreet shipping', do they really mean -'discreet shipping'-? (*Only asking because of another experience with 'stealth shipping' offered by another seed vendor in Europe years ago, but when the seeds in that order arrived, the 'stealth shipping' consisted of a bunch of breeder packs stuffed into a coffee cup, with not much 'stealth' applied at all; more like 'plain view stealth shipping' :)).

S

sallyforthDeleted member 75382

That side of it I wouldn’t know. Here in U.K. is no problem with the legality of seeds. Mine just come in the usual jiffy envelope.

moose eater

That side of it I wouldn’t know. Here in U.K. is no problem with the legality of seeds. Mine just come in the usual jiffy envelope.

Thanks. Hopefully someone else can speak to the question.

Alaska is legal as a State, but the US as a Country is another matter, and Customs or the US Postal Service, either one, are still likely to frown on seeds if they find them. At the price these things are going for, I'd hate to donate them to the government.

Thanks again.

Fitzera

Did a little poking around, quite expensive for those and it would appear they don't ship to the USA :/

moose eater

Did a little poking around, quite expensive for those and it would appear they don't ship to the USA :/

Thanks. Yes, I thought $227 USD was a lot of money for 12 seeds, but it's a noteworthy specimen.

However, I must have missed the part about their not shipping to the US.

Thanks again.

Maybe someone has another line on these, or another idea altogether?

Robney

Have you tried Blissful Wizard and are you really dead set on that particular clone? If not, you may want to open your search up to other breeders working with cookie genetics. The Captain isn't the only place to find cookie based stuff. And it's tough to say if you'd find something just like the Blissful Wizard clone in a pack or two.

Archive genetics has Dosidos, Exotic Genetics has Cookies and Cream, Sin city genetics has sin mint cookies, Chunky Pigs has a bunch of cookie crosses, seed junky is pretty highly regarded for cookie genetics, CSI humboldt has feminized work with the GSC cut, and there's a lot more than that. I mean there's a lot to look through for cookie genetics.

moose eater

Have you tried Blissful Wizard and are you really dead set on that particular clone? If not, you may want to open your search up to other breeders working with cookie genetics. The Captain isn't the only place to find cookie based stuff. And it's tough to say if you'd find something just like the Blissful Wizard clone in a pack or two.

Archive genetics has Dosidos, Exotic Genetics has Cookies and Cream, Sin city genetics has sin mint cookies, Chunky Pigs has a bunch of cookie crosses, seed junky is pretty highly regarded for cookie genetics, CSI humboldt has feminized work with the GSC cut, and there's a lot more than that. I mean there's a lot to look through for cookie genetics.

Hi, and thanks.

Yes, I considered other variants, and had more or less settled on The Captain's Connection for either the Blissful Wizard F2's the have, or the Blissful Wizard BX1 x Blissful Wizard (the second one was the one that really caught my eye, based on what -should- be better stability).

The clone-only approach is doable, but I've neither sent nor received clones in the mail before (though I have some idea as to how that might work; wrong season for Alaska, though).

I'd looked at the Do-Si-Dos before and recall the connection there.

In a perfect world, someone like Great Lakes Genetics or James Bean Seed Co., or some other reputable seed source on this side of the Border would have something. Customs gives me the willies sometimes.

Thanks again.

moose eater

Thanks, Fitzera!! I'll give that a peek.

No idea re. whether it ought to be posted. easier to apologize than to ask permission sometimes. :)

Thanks again.

moose eater

Oh oh oh!!!! I just remembered seeing captions connection recently at a place here in Canada. I've ordered Sacred Cut from them so I know they're good to go.

I didn't look if they have specifically that but i did see the bx. Looks like $190cad

http://www.canadaseedz.ca/product-category/the-captains-connection/

Hope that helps! And I hope I'm allowed to post this?

Hey again.

I'm not positive I saw what I think I read, but it looks as though they only send to Canadian addresses.

Seedsman and some others have some distant relatives of the strain/variety I'm seeking, but I haven't yet found THE one I'm seeking at a seed vendor that will ship to me in Alaska.

Thanks again, though. Every effort counts.

I'm back to a dinner salad and beer-battered halibut.

Fitzera

Hey again.

I'm not positive I saw what I think I read, but it looks as though they only send to Canadian addresses.

Seedsman and some others have some distant relatives of the strain/variety I'm seeking, but I haven't yet found THE one I'm seeking at a seed vendor that will ship to me in Alaska.

Thanks again, though. Every effort counts.

I'm back to a dinner salad and beer-battered halibut.

Ah sorry man, I didn't realize that. Maybe reach out him on IG, pretty sure he does direct...although I'm not a fan of that method anymore.

moose eater

Ah sorry man, I didn't realize that. Maybe reach out him on IG, pretty sure he does direct...although I'm not a fan of that method anymore.

Thanks. I'm an old stalwart stuck in my timeline and carry a flip phone. Never had an IG account, so who knows?

I may ask friends in the Yukon Territory to order a pack or 3 of them, and then pick them up on my way through, providing they don't see it as too great an imposition.

In the meantime, I'll keep following leads.

Thanks again.

Robney

Hi, and thanks.

Yes, I considered other variants, and had more or less settled on The Captain's Connection for either the Blissful Wizard F2's the have, or the Blissful Wizard BX1 x Blissful Wizard (the second one was the one that really caught my eye, based on what -should- be better stability).

The clone-only approach is doable, but I've neither sent nor received clones in the mail before (though I have some idea as to how that might work; wrong season for Alaska, though).

I'd looked at the Do-Si-Dos before and recall the connection there.

In a perfect world, someone like Great Lakes Genetics or James Bean Seed Co., or some other reputable seed source on this side of the Border would have something. Customs gives me the willies sometimes.

Thanks again.

Yes as in you have smoked Blissful Wizard, or yes as in you just chose to chase that one in particular? The reason I ask is if you haven't tried it in real life, you may be complicating things by chasing only one clone, when it's just one of many cookie based cuts. There are many cuts like Blissful Wizard, it's not like it has a completely different and unique take on cookies.

For example, you could hop on JBC and get some Grease Monkey f2s from Exotic Genetics. There's a clone of Grease Monkey that goes around the east coast, and she is a serious cookie cut that actually yields well. I've grown it and if someone was looking for cookies, I'd say that's a great place to start.

Best of luck in your search!

moose eater

Yes as in you have smoked Blissful Wizard, or yes as in you just chose to chase that one in particular? The reason I ask is if you haven't tried it in real life, you may be complicating things by chasing only one clone, when it's just one of many cookie based cuts. There are many cuts like Blissful Wizard, it's not like it has a completely different and unique take on cookies.

For example, you could hop on JBC and get some Grease Monkey f2s from Exotic Genetics. There's a clone of Grease Monkey that goes around the east coast, and she is a serious cookie cut that actually yields well. I've grown it and if someone was looking for cookies, I'd say that's a great place to start.

Best of luck in your search!

Thanks.

I chose to follow along a bit in reading about a few strains back then, several years ago.

Blissful Wizard stands out, but there was also Jet Fuel and the Do-Si-Dos. All of which caught my attention, though back then I didn't pursue the idea too hard.

I've got beans here I've never played with; some purchased commercially from a variety of sources, and some gifted to me by a friend who was into breeding, and others (1 landrace in particular) that came to me as gifts re. sought after genetics.

I'll follow up on the lead you offered, and I looked at Exotic Genetics when I was at JB's site the other day..

If I recall, the cheaper pursuit would be to speak with friends in the Yukon Territory and have the BW beans delivered there, then grab them on my way through. I need to make a dental trip down there anyway.

Thanks again.

moose eater

So, getting ready to make some decisions.

Has anyone here actually done business with canadaseedz.ca?

If they're up to snuff, honorable, etc., then I think there's a plan formulated.

Thanks for all the help here last year, by the way.

At this time, the seeds and the new-to-us 8-month-old female German Shepherd puppy are both fairly stout statements of faith, but who knows.

Their Wizard Express (Pineapple Express x Blissful Wizard) from The Captain's Connection at canadaseedz also looks attractive, but for now I think I'll stay my optimism to ONE statement of faith in the future.. Otherwise I'll be apt to get so giddy that folks might confuse me with Tigger or something.

moose eater

I like ordering Alchimia in Spain. :pimp3:
Thanks trout. If there was something you wanted to say more privately, feel free to PM me. Thanks again.

Would alchimia in Spain have what I'm referencing here? The CC Wizard off-spring?

I was impressed a couple years ago, by the way, when Seedsman switched up their importation tech to the US, and removed customers one step from being in the mix.

But when I have my d'rothers, anymore, I try to stay to domestic freight, if only for the stress and nerves. Once upon a time I had great resilience to those issues, but these days I try to minimize such things when ever able, as reserves are toasted pretty well.

Unfortunately, James Bean Seed Co. (a primary resource for me in the past) doesn't carry what I'm seeking this time. Or at least, not the last couple times I looked.

I might also try GLG, but I hate the way their site loaded and presented, as well as search functions there, the last time I visited their site. Like a grocery store that changes their lay-outr each time to get you to shop for trinkets you weren't seeking.. Too much going on there for my eyes, I guess?