What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Seeds harvesting & processing

ojd

CONNOISSEUR GENETICS
Vendor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hangs buds until dry
Break up over screens
Then dry in envelopes for 2 weeks
Perfect germ everytime

I also have a taste for Charas/finger Hash so sometimes i manually harvest each pod of the fresh plant and reap the live Resin and just give them 2-3 weeks in envelopes

Uludag

Hangs buds until dry
Break up over screens
Then dry in envelopes for 2 weeks
Perfect germ everytime

Thank you, so you are doin it about the same way but your "secret" is to keep them in envelopes. Is that for a specific reason or you just got so many seeds that its easier to sort them? :biggrin:

ojd

CONNOISSEUR GENETICS
Vendor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Thank you, so you are doin it about the same way but your "secret" is to keep them in envelopes. Is that for a specific reason or you just got so many seeds that its easier to sort them? :biggrin:
I do have alot of seeds yes so the envelopes work great for that but i find they dry very evenly and perfect in envelopes, especially brown manilla 1's

funkyhorse

I live in wetlands and had problems drying seed properly
OJD told me to dry in brown paper envelopes. Since then I tried Manila paper envelopes and now seed sprout beautifully and I am sold to the method
I guess corrugated carton should work similar but manila paper envelopes are easy to use, easy to clasify and they are very effective drying. I need to wait a little longer than 3 weeks though, but they certainly dry well and sprout fast after some time in the brown envelopes

ojd

CONNOISSEUR GENETICS
Vendor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Also 1 thing to add is when i do harvest fresh seeds to make Charas i always leave the green jacket on the seed to help it protect it during the 2-3 week drying period .

My methods are from reading and learning online over the years and trying out many methods and discovering the best for my operations.

Uludag

My methods are from reading and learning online over the years and trying out many methods and discovering the best for my operations.

Yep, most of the times you can find steps that all people do the same way more or less and here and there some have their own little tricks and tipps, always nice to discover these little things from experienced people and try it out.

revegeta666

There really is a meme for everything
little-girl-meme (1).gif

xet

I wait until I see many calyxes splitting with seeds being visible and test a few small buds for seed ripeness.
I always let the seed plants go longer than seedless plants before cutting them down. To get the best seeds
you have to be willing to sacrifice the weed. Then I harvest 1 plant at a time and set the manicured buds to
dry on separate screens. I like waiting until many seeds fall out on their own before digging in for the rest.
Once the seeds are all harvested and cleaned I set them on something to dry for 1 week. Then I store them
away in my refrigerator. Only dark seeds with full color are saved. The white and green ones the birds get.

View media item 17511739
Seed whore!

Douglas.Curtis

Autistic Diplomat in Training
Heat rice at 170F for 2hrs in a sealable glass container.
Seal the container and let it cool.
Place seeds on a plate or bowl within the rice and reseal.
Let it sit until a seed shatters when hit with a hammer.
Package for long term storage and freeze.

If you have germination issues after the first 100 years I'll give you a prize. ;) (don't worry, I'll be there to pay up)

grayeyes

Hey guys atm i was thinking about how to process my finished seeds. I dried the weed for 1 week and then put out the seeds and dried them again for 2 weeks is that enough drying, 3 weeks in total? I ask because i want to know when its time to put them in the fridge in your oppinion. Whats your favorite way with the seedsprocessing after you pulled them out the weed and how much time you are taking for the steps? Please share your experiences with me! :thank you:

greetings :rasta:
I just harvested a plant I deliberately seeded. Unlike you after the first trimmings I found several volunteers whose husk left them free. So there they were at the top of the pot now working on the third set of leaves.