What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Seeds harvesting & processing

Uludag

420giveaway
Hey guys atm i was thinking about how to process my finished seeds. I dried the weed for 1 week and then put out the seeds and dried them again for 2 weeks is that enough drying, 3 weeks in total? I ask because i want to know when its time to put them in the fridge in your oppinion. Whats your favorite way with the seedsprocessing after you pulled them out the weed and how much time you are taking for the steps? Please share your experiences with me! :thank you:

greetings :rasta:

troutman

Seed Whore
I wait until I see many calyxes splitting with seeds being visible and test a few small buds for seed ripeness.
I always let the seed plants go longer than seedless plants before cutting them down. To get the best seeds
you have to be willing to sacrifice the weed. Then I harvest 1 plant at a time and set the manicured buds to
dry on separate screens. I like waiting until many seeds fall out on their own before digging in for the rest.
Once the seeds are all harvested and cleaned I set them on something to dry for 1 week. Then I store them
away in my refrigerator. Only dark seeds with full color are saved. The white and green ones the birds get.

View media item 17511739

Uludag

420giveaway
@troutman So your way is like dry them for several weeks still in the weed and then another week when they are cleaned? Whats your drytime all together? 4-6 weeks? Thanks for your answer, your seeds are looking pretty good! :rasta:

revegeta666

What's the advantage of drying in the weed?
Once the weed is dry, you can crumble the buds and the seeds will all fall out. It makes a super satisfying sound, tktktktktktktktktktktktktktk hahaha.

If you have a vaporizer you can still use the weed, and seeded weed is actually really good. Or you can use it for extractions.

Drying time will depend on how dry is the environment. If you aren't going to use the weed for anything you can just have a fan blasting the buds and they will dry very quickly.

I then leave them for a week or two in a tupperware with a few silica gel packs, and then store them in eppendorf tubes. With a few silica gel balls as well.

Making seeds is addictive lol.
Screenshot 2022-07-29 21.17.53.png

Screenshot 2022-07-29 21.18.03.png

Uludag

420giveaway
It makes a super satisfying sound, rkkrkrkrkrkrkrkrkrkrkrkrkrkrkrk hahaha.

And when they hit the underground and rattle. :biggrin:

If you have a vaporizer you can still use the weed, and seeded weed is actually really good.

Yeah was pretty fine to vape, i use it also.

I then leave them for a week or two in a tupperware with a few silica gel packs

Ok nice was reading that also several times people using silicia packs for dry out the seeds.

Making seeds is addictive lol

Yeah true im starting again also, got my first several crosses and S1 done and want to build a nice lifetime stash, since for people with small boxes like me its alot more easy to save genetics in seed form then motherplants. So yeah i wanna do everything perfect from harvesting to storage. ANd atm im at 2,5 Weeks drying time for the seeds thats why im asking. :)

But I can see a pattern here, i guess most off the people dry the seeds in a dark spot on a plate or something for several weeks (range after cleaning them from like 2 weeks - 3 months and then store it in a fridge.

Also, don't put them in the fridge before you are sure all moisture is gone.

Yeah thats why im asking would be pretty fucked up for me losing like hundreds of seeds. Or lets say not getting the best result for long term storage out of it.(y)

Uludag

420giveaway
If you wanna make sure they are viable before storing, you can do a germination test.

Yep , +1 was on my to do list also good point.

It's also quite fun.
But lets say 5-10 seeds in eazy plugs is fair enough to get an idea. :ROFLMAO: i only do small batches of 50-100 fems on every cut i select or get from friends. But more than good enough for me. :rasta:

revegeta666

Yep , +1 was on my to do list also good point.

But lets say 5-10 seeds in eazy plugs is fair enough to get an idea. :ROFLMAO: i only do small batches of 50-100 fems on every cut i select or get from friends. But more than good enough for me. :rasta:
Sure you can get an idea with10 seeds, hopefully 9 of them should sprout if not all of them. Reversals make less seeds of course. I am yet to make S1 seeds, I have products to make STS in the fridge that a friend sent me. Next summer probably 8)

troutman

Seed Whore
@troutman So your way is like dry them for several weeks still in the weed and then another week when they are cleaned? Whats your drytime all together? 4-6 weeks? Thanks for your answer, your seeds are looking pretty good! :rasta:

Manicured buds dry fairly quick. Probably a week to 10 days. Cleaned seeds
get an extra week. So maybe 3 weeks until they are stored away.

What's the advantage of drying in the weed?

Seeds are easier to sort when the buds aren't green and sticky. ;)

Latest posts

Latest posts