What's new

Seeds from Isaan

Finepointcanon

Veteran
Wish me luck! Gonna pop a couple of each kind of seed (small, med, large) to see what i'm working with. In March I'll be ready to start the bunch and give them the attention they deserve.

Collected in Issan by a Thai friend and mailed to me, also in Thailand 🤙🤙🤙
20221121_130827.jpg

goingrey

Very interesting! Do you know anything about how they were collected? From sold buds, seed seller, straight from the farm/breeder? Are they all from the same batch or is it a collection?

Finepointcanon

Veteran
"Very interesting! Do you know anything about how they were collected? From sold buds, seed seller, straight from the farm/breeder? Are they all from the same batch or is it a collection?"

- That's really hard to say, my friend lives near the Mekong and he gets a lot of bricks from Laos, but he also posts videos of himself at big sativa grows out on the country. He's just a through and through weed lover so if anything I can be sure that these seeds are from stuff that he liked.

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor
I made a few seeds putting OHLP pollen on some Barney’s Farm Acapulco gold. The seeds were huge and light colored like the big ones you have. All the seeds that made tall skinny leaf plants had small dark seeds.

Good luck and have fun.

Finepointcanon

Veteran
Thanks man, I'm gonna put these out back in an outdoor shower area. If they take more than 4ish months, I'll prolly pay rent a couple more months at this place to let them go.

I've spent the last year or so collecting and growing trichocereus cacti, so it'll be good to get back to my roots.

A thai friend sends me special sativas that he runs into. I just got a new pack today, one bag smells like strawberry syrup, too sweet almost, the other like sandalwood spice. He says they're not much different in effect but wow the smell blew me away.They're barely dry so I'll try to let them cure while I smoke my neverending jar of Lao commercial, but if the effect hits right I think we all know how it'll go. It's lightly seeded 😃 I just picked up a pack of deep chunk f2 and flo x otm😎
20221121_174744.jpg
20221121_174736.jpg
20221123_181255.jpg
20221123_181306.jpg
20221123_181326.jpg
20221123_190448.jpg
20221123_190459.jpg
20221123_190555.jpg
20221123_190604.jpg

Donald Mallard

el duck
Veteran
if those are sativa seeds , which seems likely ,
you might wait a little until the time of year is right ,
because with the shortest day coming ,
those girls will grow until the days are short enough to flower again ,
that could be a way off is all im concerned about ...

DARKSIDER

Official Seed Tester
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Best of luck Finepointcanaon i just came back from north east issan 2 days ago :good:
Good luck hope you find treasure amongst these..:good:

Finepointcanon

Veteran
Thanks DARKSIDER! How was your trip? I actually live in Nakhon Nayok province, near the south side of Kao Yai.

2 seeds split and showed a root, so I placed all of them in moist seedling medium.

midwestkid

Veteran
Fine cacti collection. Here's mine. I know very little about it. Purchased from Lowes in Arizona.

Attachments

• 20221208_101314.jpg
    20221208_101314.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 40

DARKSIDER

Official Seed Tester
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Thanks DARKSIDER! How was your trip? I actually live in Nakhon Nayok province, near the south side of Kao Yai.

2 seeds split and showed a root, so I placed all of them in moist seedling medium.
Trip was a good one as usual stayed near yasothon city first 2 weeks then back to the sanctuary of truth area for the last 2 weeks good luck :good::tiphat:

Herbert Chickybaby

Howdy Thailand doods! I live in Thailand as well, up in Isaan, central Isaan, so not that near the Mekong or Laos tho. I'm planning to plant some seeds I got from Real Seed Company for an outdoor grow next August which is when traditional ganja farmers in Laos-Isaan plant for a March harvest. I've got packs of RSC's Burmese Shan state highland strain, and some highland Laos varieties (Bokeo, Laos Sa, Laos Highland #4) and some seeds from the lowlands Lao Gold from Savanakhet where we all like to go to get our visas renewed.

We half-heartedly grew out some seedlings we bought at a local market from a local stoner last July. My wife bought them, I wasn't interested because I assumed they were likely government issue, the 1 million probably extremely low THC they gave away to the public at the inception of the whole legalization~(?) comedy that kind of isn't that funny. Anyway, just as my wife grew weary of them I got interested in them and took over and did my best to get them ship shape and they responded pretty well to some teas and suitable sunlight. I took to running out in the rain and taking them inside but humidity did a number on them and we got a bit of powdery mildew and the very best cola got ravaged by botryitis. I cleaned them up at harvest last week and they have some very nice fruity and bitter herbs smells, quite layered, some chocolate in there too. About 2 ounces from two plants, more than I need.

I tried smoking a bit of some I'd snipped and dried to see how it was about 3 weeks before harvest and definitely a good amount of THC, not as psychedelic as I like it, a good solid buzz but now some hope that the later harvested will actually be good. So, not as bad as I feared, some kind of 0.2% THC variety. It seems to be a non-imported variety, I got plenty of seeds so I can try and grow it properly later. Growing some auto-flowers from Fast Buds for now, outdoors, two Rhino Ryders are flowering well in the 6th week, all organic grow bat guano and worm castings and leaf mulch is all.