What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Seeds and Volunteers

grayeyes

Recently I finally seeded a strain I have grown out 3 times. I paid three times for the seeds, in this case, feminized. Finally the seller offered regular seeds. So I grabbed them. Now after a successful seeding, I have a new situation arise.

I noticed after harvest that I had new sprouts in the pots I grew in. I took those in and put them in cups under light since we have entered winter. But now I notice in the yard, I have even more volunteers. I am noticing that the outside volunteers are growing quite a bit faster and larger than the ones under lights inside. Maybe being in the 33 degree of latitude I can keep growing year round.

This presents the opportunity to try fimming and only grow out the females as I now have no use for the males.

I have also noticed that the product in the harvest are noticeably holding less of the terpenes than the original. So there is something to be said for seeded plants not giving the same result as unseeded. I am confident that my seed sprouts will grow out with the original terps and potency although I have nothing to complain about the seeded harvest's potency.

I guess I am going to learn something in this unintentional grow. I will let you know what happens.

Creeperpark

Mentor
Veteran
Cannabis strains with seeds produce far less of the cannabinoids THC and CBD. Yield, potency, or overall productivity will decline with every seed being produced. The more seed the less usable plant material.

Over the years I have found that one small branch pollinated will yield enough seed for this lifetime. Doing that with my favorite plants over a dozen times I have way too many seeds I can grow. I have treasures in seed waiting to be born but I have too many. Keep us posted on your seed grow. 😎