What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Seedlings Cotyledons starting to yellow after only 5 days or so.

BeckerJ29

Help. My 5 day old seedling's cotyledons are turning yellow. I'm currently in FFHF soil. I give one squirt of water from a ml. syringe, once to twice a day depending on how dry the soil is. I'm using water phed to 6.0. The tent temperature is 80.1° and the RH fluctuates between 64% - 71%.
I think it could be overwatering, but I get nervous when they're this young. Especially when the soil gets dry. I already had one die, but the rest of them seem to be doing good with a similar watering routine, except for the one with the yellow cotyledon. I've also read that cotyledons yellow and die as the plant matures and no longer needs them, but this seems a little soon for them to be dying. What do you guys think? Do you think I should cut back on the frequency of my waterings to every day and a half to two days? TIA growmies.

Attachments

• 20240304_222839.jpg
    20240304_222839.jpg
    849.6 KB · Views: 29

Creeperpark

Mentor
Veteran
Help. My 5 day old seedling's cotyledons are turning yellow. I'm currently in FFHF soil. I give one squirt of water from a ml. syringe, once to twice a day depending on how dry the soil is. I'm using water phed to 6.0. The tent temperature is 80.1° and the RH fluctuates between 64% - 71%.
I think it could be overwatering, but I get nervous when they're this young. Especially when the soil gets dry. I already had one die, but the rest of them seem to be doing good with a similar watering routine, except for the one with the yellow cotyledon. I've also read that cotyledons yellow and die as the plant matures and no longer needs them, but this seems a little soon for them to be dying. What do you guys think? Do you think I should cut back on the frequency of my waterings to every day and a half to two days? TIA growmies.
Friend, after watering deeply let the soil dry before watering again so the root will grow downward deeply. If you keep the soil wet the roots won't grow downward. The yellowing cotyledons are normal and will fall off after a short time.

Latest posts

Latest posts