• 100_1590.JPG
    100_1590.JPG
    2.6 MB · Views: 38
  • 100_1588.JPG
    100_1588.JPG
    2.6 MB · Views: 34

Clownin

Explosive - ordered some chelated iron just in case

Jackspratt60 - 5 gallons coco, 2 gallons cow manure compost, heavy sprinkling of perlite, and 3 tablespoons per gallon vegan mix by down to earth.

Redrum92

It doesn't usually happen this early, but a plant's newest growth is often a mountain dew color- neon green/yellow like that. Usually that happens in veg when a plant hits its stride and explodes, growing significantly overnight, and it is young tissue that hasn't fully developed under light yet.

If your lights are dim or too far away sometimes this neon new growth can take a while to turn to the usual dark green. My first guess would just be to move the lights 10-20% closer, and your soil is actually fine.

This will sound weird, but the few people who advised you nutrient fixes have more experience than i do, and are more likely to be right than me, but even so, I would try the light thing first. If you try the light thing, there is nothing to lose- a slightly over-lit plant can recover in no time, but soil that is locked out or too hot is almost impossible to undo 100%, not to mention, a deficiency in a plant doesn't mean lack of nutrient in soil, it means lack of nutrient availability in soil. Adding nutrients in should always be the last thing you try. Even once you've narrowed it down to a deficiency for sure, you should consider pH/EC/availability causing "lock out" or inability to uptake.

Last edited:

jackspratt61

T
Explosive - ordered some chelated iron just in case

Jackspratt60 - 5 gallons coco, 2 gallons cow manure compost, heavy sprinkling of perlite, and 3 tablespoons per gallon vegan mix by down to earth.
That's alot of compost. Coco is already high in na and most cow compost is as well. Calcium with balanced p is job #1. What sources do you have of each?

Creeperpark

Mentor
Veteran
A couple of possibilities. When the pH of a growing media rises above 7 the plant's tops will turn yellow. The reason is micronutrients need an acidic pH to break down the nutrients into a soluble range.

Another possibility is that the pH is too low causing nutrients to slightly toxicate the growing media causing the plants to yellow. You need to do a pour-thru on a watering day and catch some of the runoff and test the ppm and pH. If your pH is in a good range then the EC is off. Good luck and keep us posted.

goingrey

It doesn't usually happen this early, but a plant's newest growth is often a mountain dew color- neon green/yellow like that. Usually that happens in veg when a plant hits its stride and explodes, growing significantly overnight, and it is young tissue that hasn't fully developed under light yet.

If your lights are dim or too far away sometimes this neon new growth can take a while to turn to the usual dark green. My first guess would just be to move the lights 10-20% closer, and your soil is actually fine.
I agree, new growth is often pale especially if it is growing fast. Possibly nothing to worry about at all.

However, I would not move the lights closer. It's just a baby, don't want to burn it.

Redrum92

A couple of possibilities. When the pH of a growing media rises above 7 the plant's tops will turn yellow. The reason is micronutrients need an acidic pH to break down the nutrients into a soluble range.

Another possibility is that the pH is too low causing nutrients to slightly toxicate the growing media causing the plants to yellow. You need to do a pour-thru on a watering day and catch some of the runoff and test the ppm and pH. If your pH is in a good range then the EC is off. Good luck and keep us posted.

This sounds like what I was saying, just way smarter, more accurate, and more concise.. lol. I still think lighting can sometimes be a factor in situations like this.

Clownin

It doesn't show very well in the picture but this one is getting color back. As far as testing ph, ec, or ppm it'll have to wait until next Friday when I get paid.

100_1591.JPG

Creeperpark

Mentor
Veteran
You are moving in the right direction now friend, I see a big improvement. The one thing that has helped me more than anything else growing weed was buying a TDS and pH meter. I recommend anyone serious about growing good medicine get one and learn how to use them.

The best way to learn how to use meters is to test everything. Test all liquids coming in and going out of the container and after a while, you will know what is what without testing anything.

jackspratt61

Remove the seedling carefully and make your mix approximately 50% perlite and transplant. It will help make it easier to steer the plant and remove na and other excesses. No sense in fighting an uphill battle at this point.

Clownin

Seems to be working itself out of the issue on their own. About half the plants went from looking yellow to half way decent green today after yesterday light water.

This one hardly looks like it was yellow to begin with

100_1594.JPG

This one also getting better

100_1595.JPG

Even the twins are looking good.
100_1596.JPG