What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Seed strains for vertical tree grow

Jamorg13

I am looking to expand my stable. I grow trees, 1-2 vertical bulbs per tree. Giant pots. Currently the only keepers I have are Blue Dream, Dutch Treat, and Willies Wonder. Im looking to purchase some new beans. Any suggestions, and where to order them? So tired of trying strains from local dispensaries and growers that "get huge" and end up only a few feet tall, even after a very long veg.

Last edited:

LSWM

Anything with lots of stretch.

I've only grown two strains from seed that was from a breeder, so my direct experience is limited. From direct experience I'd say WiFi (White Fire OG), but good luck getting seeds.

From indirect experience I'd try SLH or C99? OG tends to be stretchy as well. Hopefully some others will chime in and give you some more help.

nonstop

Super Silver Haze is a heavy yielder and very good weed. She stretches very much but you can bend , train and organize the branches all you want , she still grows huge flowers. She even reacts well to topping. Only problem she takes about 12-13 weeks flowering , but you save a lot of time in veg. If you veg her for 4 weeks you get a 3 foot starter that easily ends up over 6-7 feet , except if you train her or top her a lot. Give her a good pot size and a lot of light and she will certainly please you in every way. She eats as many nutes as you give her and she is almost impossible to lock. Overall i think its a perfect strain for vertical and large plants. Needs a lot of nutes up to the end.
The smell veries from haze , menthol to fruity depending on the pheno. The high is very haze like uplifting but with an indica influence from northern lights. Shes more energetic than a usual 50-50 hybrid but less than a strait haze or sativa. Potent like hell. Very strong allmost all phenos.
Yield can be 4 pounds per plant with big pots and lots of light.
As for where to get the seeds , i know everyone is saying MrNice has the best SSH , and everyone hates Greenhouse Seeds. Plus MrNice has regular , GH has fems. I ve never tried Mr Nice so i dont know. I ve tried 3 GH beans and all were very tall sativa leaning plants , all heavy yielders and all excellent weed. Most online seed stores have them.

Jamorg13

Just found some SSSDH cuts locally. well see if they are the real thing.. Anyone else have experience with mr.nice?

Pots will be massive. And plenty of vegging and caging.

Thanks for the input everyone

Uchi Mata

Haven't done trees myself, but every Bodhi or GGG seed strain I've run has been extremely vigorous.

Sunshine Daydream, Goji OG, and Bright Moments seemed like they would be massive if allowed.

Ran an NL5Hz (Mr. Nice) and a bunch of C99 that got huge even in tiny pots. Not as dense, but they were big anyway...and outstanding smoke.

Look into Bodhi, GGG, and I can definitely put in a good word for Mr. Nice's Nl5Hz.

floralheart

Veteran
sour ak - indoor/low headroom trees
headband - indoor/low headroom trees
jillybean - massive bushy tree
sour strawberry kush - bushy

i dunno, you tell us...

floralheart

Veteran
sour Ak has sour diesel and ak47 in it, AND headband has sour diesel and OG kush in it... both have the same structure overall, given the right phenos... both of the ones i grew, 5 years apart, you could tell they are related, structurally.

I also have pure ecsd, and it stays shorter, though it's at 4' tall in veg right now. Mixing ecsd seems to create a nice little tree with little stretch in bloom. 25%-50% stretch, vs. 100% or more stretch in late veg.

ECSD is a good mixer for coming up with good indoor trees. Pretty much anything you can train or use scissors on, so let us know how it goes. It's not as easy as it sounds.

Jamorg13

Know somebody with a Jillybean cut, going to give it a try. The SSSLDH I recently acquired is looking pretty promising. Also have some Super Lemon haze thats coming along nicely. I was thinking about getting some Original Haze seeds and keeping a male. Anything that I like but doesn't get big enough I could try to cross with a haze male? I am not to familiar with breeding, but its worth a try.

Hey mate I grow trees in coco . I grow a 2 plant vert scrog with 2x 600w bulbs and harvest between 2 -3 lb every run . Biggest yielder is sensi big bud . And a strain I would highly recommend which yields slightly less buy is 10/10 quality smoke is sensi pure power plant . Not at all related to royal queen power plant.
It grows huge 1.25 litre coke bottle sized buds on every branch and triples in size in flower .iv grown it many times from fem seeds and majority of seeds are very big yielders .I would highly recommend this strain you wont be dissapointed .

I grew blue dream outdoors last season it was a beutiful plant

S

sourpuss

Try some fighting buddah chimera... biggest fastest veg plants ive ever seen.... big stretch.... never grew a female but made some f2s with the males that love...

O

Oti$

Ogs & diesels are good vert choices...i grew some galactic grape from carpe diem that had perfect structure and stretch for vert along with frost, flavor, and potency. Wifi was my top strain, but as stated, its now hard to find. Look for a 50\50 hybrid with decent stretch and branching. Stay away from stout indica dom crosses. Good luck!

Latest posts

Latest posts