What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Seed Storage

ConeSmoker

I have two boxes for storing seeds a pencil box and a stevia tupperware in the freezer for years without issue. How do you guys store seeds?

ConeSmoker

I have two boxes for storing seeds a pencil box and a stevia tupperware in the freezer for years without issue. How do you guys store seeds?
Forgot to mention the stevia tupperware is for autos and the pencil box is for photoperiod

Attachments

• 100_1110.JPG
    100_1110.JPG
    2.8 MB · Views: 60

ConeSmoker

What is HHG?
I put my seed in a mason jar with rice in the jar and put that in the fridge drawer. I have a lot of old seeds too, but no time to sprout them. 😎
I'm sure you'll get to them eventually. Here to hoping

pjlive

I like to use a dedicated mini fridge with a tray of sodium chloride that I change out each month. Temp. ranges from 43-52 degrees F with an RH range between 32-45 depending on the exterior temperature. The seeds themselves are stored in closed glass vials with either a few rice grains or silica and labeled.

pjlive

good now i can also store in dedicated fridge in of tray of sodium chloride
Every once in a while you'll be best to go in and fluff up your sodium chloride. As it absorbs moisture you'll find the surface area becomes a little hardened. But a quick fluff with a stick or fork or something helps break it up again so the moisture can get below the surface. Works, great tho. I've used it for many years to help control moisture in confined spaces.

troutman

Seed Whore
I stored my seeds in microcentrifuge and centrifuge tubes in my refrigerator.

Last edited:

Gogin_Diddle

Cold, dark, air tight, dry, and light free. If you can store seeds in thoes condition, they should last indefinitely.