What's new

Seed shopping in Amsterdam?

BongDaddy

I'm going to be in Amsterdam for a few days this summer, and I was thinking I would buy some seeds as a souvenir. Does anyone know of good seed retailers in the city, where I can actually go and shop (as opposed to only having an online store)?

Is Sensi Seeds the only worthwhile place in town? Where else should I look?

I know that I can probably find just about any seeds I want online, I just thought it would be cool to physically shop for and purchase some when I'm there.

And if you do have a recommendation of a place to check out, let me know what strains would be interesting. I'd like to find an indoor-friendly sativa, a good indica-sativa blend, and maybe a strain or two with some really interesting flavours (not necessarily all those things in one strain lol).

Max Headroom

Veteran
Is there any place in Amsterdam where You can get Mandala weed and seeds?

i don't know about seeds, but weed - no.
before my last trip i emailed mandala asking which coffeeshops had their strains. they said (IIRC) none - or they would be surprised if any shop had them.

@OP:
most major seed companies have a shop, like sensi or dutch passion. barneys have seeds in their coffeeshops. homegrown fantaseeds has a shop close by their coffeeshop IIRC.

if you want one shop with several breeder's seeds, i guess your best bet is a grow shop.

i'm no expert, though - does anyone have better info?

edStone

Seed shopping in Amsterdam?

Ty Max. How in hell did You find this message?

Weird, my first message was deleted and this message was moved from Dutch forum to
ICMag 420 Cup - Amsterdam > The Dutch Experience.
This message has nothing to do with 420 cup.

Hi,

I have been to the dam 3 times in the last 5 years. I would recommend the Dampkring shop just SW of central station. They have seeds from most every retailer and they are also a grow shop and mostly knowledgable.

My other recommendation is as was said by Max Headroom, If you want GHS, there is a seed shop as well. Google can give you good enough directions when traveling in Amsterdam Centrum for seed shops and such.

Another thing I used while I was there was a coffeeshop map which is usually given out at various coffeeshop competitions. You can usually find one online, or pick it up at like the first shop you go to.

Have fun and good luck finding seeds.

Peace

Last edited by a moderator:

paladin420

FACILITATOR
Veteran

Weird, my first message was deleted and this message was moved from Dutch forum to
ICMag 420 Cup - Amsterdam > The Dutch Experience.
This message has nothing to do with 420 cup.

This family has its own bean sellers. If they allow this post to continue to me that means they believe in their own genetics. If they delete? Not so much I guess.
I found my seeds in Amerstdam in 45 mins during a layover. You will do well Im' sure. Good luck. Have FUN FUN !!!!

P.S.
I think I got screwed by the taxi.Hard

Max Headroom

Veteran

i just browsed around aimlessly on the forum :D

yeah, that dampkring growshop is a good bet. (even though, when i went there looking for 5-packs of fem. LSD, they didn't have it :D )

just stay away from "souvenir seeds" packs in the touristy crap-shops (of which there are a bazillion) ;)

Hi,

I guess I should say this, beware of small no-name shops, some are there to fool tourists. The seeds come in certain numbers and certain types of packages for each brand. I would be extremely cautious if your company sells 13 seeds/pack say and the store has 10 seeds/pack. Also, go to the websites and see what the packaging should look like, then be sure it is the same in the seed shop you are in.

Good luck.

Peace

BongDaddy

Thanks for all the tips. I've been to A'dam once before too, and I was even at the mj & hemp museum (attached to Sensi Seeds). I just wasn't in the market for seeds at the time so I didn't even look at them very closely.

I'll be there for 3 days so I should be able to find the better rated places in the city. I do know to stay away from the tourist trap places. I would always assume that the seeds they sell are as cheap in quality as all the other smoking accessories you get at most of those places. Nothing but brand names for me baby!

So far the places I'll be checking will be Sensi, GHS and Dampkring if I don't find anything I like at the first two places. Now to decide what I want to buy. I'll be like a fricken kid in a candy store! Very expensive candy.

Latest posts

Latest posts