What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Seed Recommendations for medicinal use to be Grown Outdoors

blackcat54

Nubie here.

I want to order seeds for the comming spring season to be grown outdoors both in ground and in pots. Looking for 1:1 ratio. I have read that Indica is best for medicinal use. Not for any specific condition. Prevention and health optimization is the goal. Not looking to get high.

Thanks,

Dennis

Swamp Thang

Veteran
Nubie here.

I want to order seeds for the comming spring season to be grown outdoors both in ground and in pots. Looking for 1:1 ratio. I have read that Indica is best for medicinal use. Not for any specific condition. Prevention and health optimization is the goal. Not looking to get high.

Thanks,

Dennis

I would highly recommend Ali Bongo Seeds, and Herbies Seeds, both located in Spain. If stealth shipping is vital for you, then Herbies is the place to buy, but for sheer abundance of choice, Ali Bongo is hard to beat.

From both of the above online seed vendors, I have purchased a variety of indica/sativa hybrid beans that grew into some of the most stupendously potent weed I have ever tasted, making those seed buys some of the wisest money I have ever spent.

therevverend

Veteran
A lot of it depends on what specific benefits you're looking for. It's hard to find good information right now, cannabis has become the new snake oil with lots of people making all sorts of claims. To make it trickier, some of the terpenes and cannabinoids have synergistic effects, others contradict each other. For instance THC causes hunger, your appetite increases. While CBD causes you to lose your appetite. Many years before I knew this I'd smoke cannabis and meditate and not eat, the variety I had at the time made my hunger pains go away. What's confusing is that it made me high so it wasn't all CBD, it must have had plenty of THC in it. (CBD doesn't get you high, or all that high) The understanding of these drugs is in it's infancy and the effects can be subjective.

If you aren't looking to get high you may want to look into CBD strains. There's a lot of good effects there, anti-inflammatory, and there's studies that show it may decrease the chance of alzheimers, acne, depression, anxiety. It would be great if you're looking for a preventative medicine. I believe THC has enormous medical benefits, insomina, low appetite, pain, muscle spasms, etc.

Indicas, wide leaf Afghan types, are great for pain relief, insomnia, but they are quite potent. This is why they're great medicine, you get high, relax, eat a lot of food and watch tv or chill out. When you're body needs to heal this is perfect. Some people don't like Indicas for this reason, they find it hard to get motivated because they're so baked. Some of them also contain some CBD, others contain no CBD.

Narrow leaf tropical sativa varieties are usually low in CBD. Many have high amounts of THC. Some are very energetic, almost like stimulant. You get the medical benefits of the THC but they will get you high. In my opinion being high is part of the medicine of the drug. The insights you have about yourself, your lifestyle, and your place in the world around you are important and shouldn't be ignored.

There's also strains that are high in CBD and THC. You might be interested in these because they may or may not get you high but should have the benefits of both types of drugs. I'm not going to get into the seeds of which strains you want to get, because I could list dozens. You'll want to narrow down exactly what you're looking for, where you're growing, how you're growing. It sounds like you're an outdoor grower, if you're closer to the equator you'll want to focus on longer flowering narrow leaf varieties.

If you're in a temperate zone and have mostly dry Septembers and Octobers Indicas will do really well. If you've got a wet climate and a short growing season you may want to look into Auto flowers and strains that flower quickly. Most hybrids and Afghani types will finish by mid October in, for instance, California, Oregon, southern Europe, the Middle East.

Good luck there's plenty of information on this site to find what you're looking for!

Latest posts

Latest posts