What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Seed order from ace intercepted should I be worried

THC123

Veteran
Hi guys,

A strange thing happened this week. I ordered tai chi and golden tiger from Ace.

I received the package but when I wanted to open it I saw a white sticker on tiop and in red it was written: Customs: Investigations and inspections.

But I received the seeds in good order, it didn't look like the folder in which the seeds were contained had been opened.

Should I be worried that they pass this on to police?

I mean if they wanted to bust me they would not have informed me that they opened the parcel with the sticker now would they?

I live in Belgium, seeds are illegal here. So why would they not confiscate them?

Probably I am being paranoid, but I have my favorite mother plants back at my place and losing them ould break my heart. Plus I wanted to start an indoor CBD grow for myself. So the timing sucks.

What do you guys think of this situation? Should I wait a few months with growing?

BOMBAYCAT

Veteran
I live in the US so the laws are different. I have had several seed packages intercepted by customs here. Normally they open the packages, take the seeds, put a copy of their standard bad boy letter inside, and tape it up with their special light green US customs tape and send it to me. In the US, Customs is a totally different branch of government than DEA (which makes the drug busts) and they don't talk to each other so there is no record. I live in a legal state and seeds are legal inside the state, but not legal outside the state by the government laws.

If Belgium is set up the same way, you should be OK. I think Belgium is more relaxed, but maybe some other people on ICMag know better than me.

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
in Belgium - no worries - once I was stopped by the Belgian police near to the French border - on my way back to the UK - they searched my car and found a suitcase full of seeds that I had just purchased in Amsterdam - They held me for about 4 hours - in a police station - till I saw the prosecutor - and all they did was confiscate my very valuable cargo - then let me go after telling me that if I wanted the seeds back - I would have to go to court and argue my case - needless to say - I didn't bother - lawyers ain't cheap -

Browser

H8ters gonna h8
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hi all,

It's not my intention to bump an old thread, but I have had the very same thing that happened to THC123 happen to me (under almost identical circumstances and context), and I was wondering if someone has any additional information or insight that might help?

:tiphat:

B

Nicoglay

My friend struggled with the same problem as you. He ordered some seeds as well from a strange site. I told him to be careful and consider all the possibilities of getting arrested, but he wouldn't listen to me

mexweed

Veteran
prepare your anus

119676928_2389210564709051_7503605988008403291_n.jpg

JKD

Veteran
Where I live customs and the police communicate. There have been busts here based off of intercepted seeds.

Really up to you whether you take a chance or pack up your grow and store your gear elsewhere for a while.

Hoping it amounts to nothing.

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor
in Belgium - no worries - once I was stopped by the Belgian police near to the French border - on my way back to the UK - they searched my car and found a suitcase full of seeds that I had just purchased in Amsterdam - They held me for about 4 hours - in a police station - till I saw the prosecutor - and all they did was confiscate my very valuable cargo - then let me go after telling me that if I wanted the seeds back - I would have to go to court and argue my case - needless to say - I didn't bother - lawyers ain't cheap -

Damn. A suitcase full??

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
Yup - a big blue Samsonite suitcase fulla seeds - at least they let me keep the suitcase - but took a BIG loss on what the seeds had cost me - almost broke me financially at the time -

Nicoglay

My friend struggled with the same problem as you. He ordered some seeds as well from a strange site. I told him to be careful and consider all the possibilities of getting arrested, but he wouldn't listen to me. As I am always right, he managed to receive his parcel, but his computer and documents were in danger. The site took his money from his credit card and asked me to help him. I told him about xxxxxx and fortunately, he took back his important files and saved his PC. Be careful from now on.

Last edited by a moderator:

Switcher56

Comfortably numb!
My friend struggled with the same problem as you. He ordered some seeds as well from a strange site. I told him to be careful and consider all the possibilities of getting arrested, but he wouldn't listen to me. As I am always right, he managed to receive his parcel, but his computer and documents were in danger. The site took his money from his credit card and asked me to help him. I told him about xxxxxx and fortunately, he took back his important files and saved his PC. Be careful from now on.

These days, especially with Win10 and the insistence that we switch to Win11, nothing we print on our keyboards is truly secured anymore, and that is not BS!!!

Last edited by a moderator:

944s2

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Should be ok in Belgium ,,,
I had high THC gummy bears from the USA confiscated twice by U.K. customs along with the standard “ don’t be naughty again “ letters and had a few things the “ fairys “ sent me again from the USA and they got through,,,
Does anybody care about beans anymore in Europe?,,
I think not unless somewhere like Cyprus who used to hammer people like us but stand corrected if there now more lenient?

944s2

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Yup - a big blue Samsonite suitcase fulla seeds - at least they let me keep the suitcase - but took a BIG loss on what the seeds had cost me - almost broke me financially at the time -

G,,,
Did you keep the coordinates of the areas in France that you randomly dropped beans whilst travelling in your Jag R , all those many,many years ago?
Wonder how many managed to have a fruitful life?,,,,,s2

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
There were many trips to and from the Dam to London in that fast Jag over the years - I basically used the car to commute from the London shops to the Dam on a weekly basis from 2002 till around 2006 and then sporadically from 2006 till 2008 and I would often stop by the roadside and spread or plant some seeds - just for the heck of it - I did see some of the plants start to come up in the more remote seeded areas - those that were planted in the springtime - that I had marked the sat/nav coordinates of - and it was a joy to see -

Latest posts

Latest posts