What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Sea salt caramel recipe

1 cup unsalted butter
1 lb light brown sugar
14 oz can of condensed milk
1 cup corn syrup ( if anyone has an alternative to this I would be interested)
1 pinch of salt
≈1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract (added after cooking process)
7-12g bubble hash or whatever concentrate (decarb in oven 230F for 25min or per your method)

Melt butter into ≈3.5qt sauce pan on low-heat. Stir in decarbed concentrate until dissolved as thoroughly as possible. When using bubble hash there can be some bits that don't break down well. Pour the butter mixture into a Ninja food processor and blend. Caution the vessel may build pressure and outgas when the tight lid is removed. Slowly open the container and pour back into the saucepan through a tea strainer or fine colander. If using BHO or full melt concentrates this straining step is not required.

combine butter, brown sugar, condensed milk, corn syrup, and salt in saucepan over medium heat. Stir CONTINUOUSLY as you bring the mixture to a boil. Once boiling, continue stirring as you allow the mixture to reach a temperature between 234 and 240 degrees Fahrenheit (112 to 116 degrees Celsius). You can check the temperature using a candy thermometer or perform a soft ball test: drop a small amount of the mixture into cold water, and it should form a soft ball that flattens when removed from the water. Once it reaches the desired temperature, cook for an additional 2 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in vanilla extract.

Swiftly and safely pour the caramel mixture into silicon candy molds of your choice. I have sprayed them with olive oil cooking spray for easy release from the mold but I don't think this is necessary. Sprinkle with sea salt while cooling. Let them cool thoroughly on the counter top. Move them to the refrigerator for an hour before packaging. Wrap individually with cut down pieces of parchment paper.
Store in the refrigerator in a sealed container.

Notes:
*have the molds on level surface during cooling and pouring
*if your caramels came out soft, they never reached the correct temp for long enough. The caramel is still salvageable as a sauce.
*potency varies depending on many factors so take a stab at it with math.
*someone smarter than me should be able to locate a device that is food grade, heated enough to keep caramels liquid, and dispenses a consistent amount through a nozzle
*these seem to have a decent shelf life and become more brittle and easy to separate within a few days or making

Attachments

• candy mold.jpg
    candy mold.jpg
    36.1 KB · Views: 17
  • caramel.jpg
    caramel.jpg
    127.1 KB · Views: 18
Last edited:

Creeperpark

Mentor
Veteran
1 cup unsalted butter
1 lb light brown sugar
1 pinch of salt
7-12g bubble hash or whatever concentrate (decarb in oven 230F for 25min or per your method)

Melt butter into ≈3.5qt sauce pan on low-heat. Stir in decarbed concentrate until dissolved as thoroughly as possible. When using bubble hash there can be some bits that don't break down well. Pour the butter mixture into a Ninja food processor and blend. Caution the vessel may build pressure and outgas when the tight lid is removed. Slowly open the container and pour back into the saucepan through a tea strainer or fine colander. If using BHO or full melt concentrates this straining step is not required.

combine butter, brown sugar, condensed milk, corn syrup, and salt in saucepan over medium heat. Stir CONTINUOUSLY as you bring the mixture to a boil. Once boiling, continue stirring as you allow the mixture to reach a temperature between 234 and 240 degrees Fahrenheit (112 to 116 degrees Celsius). You can check the temperature using a candy thermometer or perform a soft ball test: drop a small amount of the mixture into cold water, and it should form a soft ball that flattens when removed from the water. Once it reaches the desired temperature, cook for an additional 2 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in vanilla extract.

Swiftly and safely pour the caramel mixture into silicon candy molds or your choice. I have sprayed them with olive oil cooking spray for easy release from the mold but I don't think this is necessary. Sprinkle with sea salt while cooling. Let them cool thoroughly on the counter top. Move them to the refrigerator for an hour before packaging. Wrap individually with cut down pieces of parchment paper.

Notes:
have the molds on level surface during cooling and pouring
if your caramels came out soft, they never reached the correct temp for long enough. The caramel is still salvageable as a sauce.
potency varies depending on many factors so take a stab at it with math.
Thanks for sharing your work with us. Those look kick-ass and very tasty too. You did well on this batch friend...

Tincandtoke

1 cup unsalted butter
1 lb light brown sugar
1 pinch of salt

Swiftly and safely pour the caramel mixture into silicon candy molds or your choice. I have sprayed them with olive oil cooking spray for easy release from the mold but I don't think this is necessary. Sprinkle with sea salt while cooling. Let them cool thoroughly on the counter top. Move them to the refrigerator for an hour before packaging. Wrap individually with cut down pieces of parchment paper.

Notes:
have the molds on level surface during cooling and pouring
if your caramels came out soft, they never reached the correct temp for long enough. The caramel is still salvageable as a sauce.
potency varies depending on many factors so take a stab at it with math.

Golden syrup can be used in place of corn syrup
Similar with a decent shelf life

I make my own invert syrup using this recipe

Infuses well using gums and refined RSO or concentrate/extraction of your choice

Trying to research the actual evaporation points of the major cannabinoids during various edible preparations
The infused syrup is best mixed together while the syrup is very hot
Terpenes will not survive but the rest makes it through
Curious about caramels and stovetop preparations

IMG_20240314_180627.jpg IMG_20240319_151647.jpg IMG_20240322_131443.jpg

aqualungs

Got to make these today, with cannabutter from trim. Tastes amazing 🤩, thanks for the recipe.

Attachments

• IMG_2839.jpeg
    IMG_2839.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 6
  • IMG_2840.jpeg
    IMG_2840.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 7
  • IMG_2841.jpeg
    IMG_2841.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 6
  • IMG_2842.jpeg
    IMG_2842.jpeg