What's new

SE Colorado?

llamabox

I live just across the valley from Crestone and Alamosa in Saguache. The valley is so large as Ddd said the weather gets dumped on the mountains and the valley is pretty much sunny and windy. There and dozens of outdoor greenhouse growers out here in the San Luis valley. In the northern part there aren't any police, just the 5 sheriff deputies. There are many retired folks in saguache where as crestone has dozens on Buddhist temples, yoga studios and hippy retreats. 45 min to the nearest walmart or fast food, but 76% of the county is public lands.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    46.6 KB · Views: 18
Last edited:

1TWISTEDTRUCKER

Veteran
Mule deer are fast food, and They're everywhere in the Bacca, and Crestone.
That's all the fast food I need. a friigging basic cheeseburger at The Bliss in Crestone is like $11. The Bliss is a WAY COOL spot to grab a drink, and a pizza, burger, and othe stuff that I didn't try, but all looked GR8. Then hit the deck for a chill smoke, DAB, bonghit ,or however You take it. No high assed privacy fence to hide the Dirty Hippies. You will generally find a couple dogs chillin with Their People. You are likely to have a horse, or 3 tied to the tree next to the deck. Just The Chillest spot I know.

Check out Youtube there a couple videos that show the drive into Crestone from Mofat. There is a video called Harlem Shuffle Crestone style, or sumtin like that. That is inside the Bliss across from the bar. I smoked with that Guy on the deck. Not when that was filmed, but I recognized Him after I got home and seen the vid.

No building Codes in the County, So it is a mecca for Strawbale, Earthbag, Super Adobe, Cob, rammed earth, EarthShip , and other sorts of Alt Home construction. and it gets quit windy out in The Bacca. That and 300 days of sun at 8000' make it a perfect spot for Solar, and Wind Power.
Crestone would be THE perfect place to have an ICMAG get together round bout mid October to late Oct. Harvest Festival Y'all.

The Schrooms, LSD, DMT, PEYOTE, MOLLY that go thru that town is latterly MIND BLOWING too.

Peace; 1TT